Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

How many times does it need to be said next manager markets mean fvck all. 

Oh I agree but it does highlight the type of realistic appointments around.   Id be absolutely terrified if I was a leeds fan right now though. They better hope the new owner arrives pronto 

Surely it makes sense to have Big Nige back with Shakespeare, King and Big Wes as his coaches?

King as player coach with Vardy also assuming some coaching responsibilities....got to use our legacy to our advantage....players who've won it all

Edited by tickler28
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Oh I agree but it does highlight the type of realistic appointments around.   Id be absolutely terrified if I was a leeds fan right now though. They better hope the new owner arrives pronto 

It doesn't highlight the realistic targets though it targets the managers people are betting on and as we've seen from our own experiences, people can be both wildly optimistic and wildly negative. They also just reel off the same generic names every single time. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Alan Curbishley has been 8/1 to be the next manager of every English club with an opening over the past decade and hasn't worked since leaving West Ham, proof if any more were needed not to read too much into them

I actually bumped into him at the Tyson Fury-Dillian Whyte fight at Wembley. A random crossover

Guest lcfc80
11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It doesn't highlight the realistic targets though it targets the managers people are betting on and as we've seen from our own experiences, people can be both wildly optimistic and wildly negative. They also just reel off the same generic names every single time. 

The Leicester betting is even more funny as only available on the exchanges from what I've saw. Betfair has no liquidity in it at all so it looks like Potter is a clear favourite when in reality no one has put any money into the market

10 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Alan Curbishley has been 8/1 to be the next manager of every English club with an opening over the past decade and hasn't worked since leaving West Ham, proof if any more were needed not to read too much into them

Widely touted as the ‘next England manager  , it’s weird no one went near him after West Ham.. there must be an issue with him or something 

Surely we are going to stick with Smith, JT & Shakey aren’t we? Provided they want the gig we need the most stability we can get right now with so much upheaval. All 3 are experienced in Champ promotion and with pre season due to start in just over a month I cannot see the point of starting from scratch.

• Like 1

Guest lcfc80
Just now, Fansincethe80s said:

Widely touted as the ‘next England manager  , it’s weird no one went near him after West Ham.. there must be an issue with him or something 

remember the big outcry, it HAD to be one of the top English managers, either him, Pardew or Big Sam :blush:

39 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Surely it makes sense to have Big Nige back with Shakespeare, King and Big Wes as his coaches?

King as player coach with Vardy also assuming some coaching responsibilities....got to use our legacy to our advantage....players who've won it all

Who does that make sense to?

Nige who is close to his home in Devon?

Kingy who is back at the club he supported as a boy, and closer to Wales?

Vardy who I don't think has any interest in coaching whatsoever?

Shakey who has attached himself to Dean Smith?

Wes who is doing nicely out of TV appearances and earns several businesses?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Away Move said:

Am I utterly delusional for thinking that we’d still be an attractive proposition for Potter?

He got a massive payoff at Chelsea and can rebuild his reputation/convalesce at Leicester, which must be a great place to work in terms of facilities. 

Big pressure though.

If he fails to get us promoted, you can pretty much stick a fork in him as he'll be done.

31 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Surely we are going to stick with Smith, JT & Shakey aren’t we? Provided they want the gig we need the most stability we can get right now with so much upheaval. All 3 are experienced in Champ promotion and with pre season due to start in just over a month I cannot see the point of starting from scratch.

I'd say this is the most likeliest and least fanciful of outcomes that could be decided in days from now, not weeks, although still no guarantees as of yet of course.

Big Nige has said himself on numerous occasions in the recent past that the LCFC ship has long since sailed and that he's happy building what he's still in the stages of doing at Bristol City appparently, provided the board there have the continued patience to stick with him I suppose if they finally start a promotion push under his tenure - as they seem to have sold their best players lately and are now seemingly treading water....so there's a very outside chance he might still be tempted to come back here for a third spell if offered but still highly unlikely.

On 21/05/2023 at 13:08, lcfc sheff said:

Enzo maresca (peps assistant) just turned down Southampton as he wants another season with Pep… perhaps we can tempt him? Would be a good link to then try get Borges on loan although I think he’s prem ready 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

There's some credibility in this, but for me, however much Pearson is rightly lauded by us,  he was just one part of a successful 3 man team. Without Shakespeare and Walsh he's hardly been great since has he.

However, if we take it that Walsh is now out of the equation we have potentially got his replacement already in situ and I do think Shakespeare is still relevant.

As for King and Morgan, are they even qualified let alone competent coaches? King is someone who personally, I'd like to see back at the club in some role eventually for a number of reasons. Morgan however, as good as he was at the club, he never really came over as inspirational and at times seemed not the brightest lamp in the street. There is also a possibility that he somewhat quered his pitch when previously in a position of responsibility as club Captain i.e. he was found breaking club and other rules at a covid party with younger players that he should have perhaps been setting more of an example to! Schmeichel however might be a thought though when suitably qualified?

I think Pearson's re-employment is highly unlikely though.

2 hours ago, LestaLad said:

We still don’t realise we’re a championship team hahaha

The replies on this from Spurs fans is really weird. They seem to think he's only Championship quality 🤨. He probably does deserve a crack at a PL job. I'd love to see him come here though, as incredibly unlikely as that is.

Also the Celtic fans would hate us forever 😅

• Haha 1

The club will have a shortlist, rumours are there are 7 names on it, what do people think the 7 are? My guess would be  it looks a little like this (unfortunately not much inspiration in there unless its hidden away in the last one)

Potter

Parker

Hassenhutl

Smith (obvs)

Marsch

Somebody who has managed us before ( one of Pearson / Ranieiri / Puel)

Wildcard (Random manager nobody anywhere has mentioned)

I'd be concerned if Smith was on our shortlist if he hadn't joined us for the end of the season. Now he's had a bit of time here I'd be even more concerned, didn't really have much of an impact did he

Edited by Stinky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I'd argue that if we're having a seasom of upheaval anyway, we might as well get whichever coach best fits with the long-term plan and the players we're targeting. For example, there's no point sticking with Smith because he's been here for 8 games and knows the league if the players we're trying to sign best suit Carrick, McKenna or Martin.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

The club will have a shortlist, rumours are there are 7 names on it, what do people think the 7 are? My guess would be  it looks a little like this (unfortunately not much inspiration in there unless its hidden away in the last one)

Potter

Parker

Hassenhutl

Smith (obvs)

Marsch

Somebody who has managed us before ( one of Pearson / Ranieiri / Puel)

Wildcard (Random manager nobody anywhere has mentioned)

😂 

I kinda liked Claude, but that's so far left of leftfield even Corbyn would be unsettled 

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

The replies on this from Spurs fans is really weird. They seem to think he's only Championship quality 🤨. He probably does deserve a crack at a PL job. I'd love to see him come here though, as incredibly unlikely as that is.

Also the Celtic fans would hate us forever 😅

Anyone apart from another Ex Celtic manager I think we have had our fill with Rodgers