Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

29 minutes ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

The club will have a shortlist, rumours are there are 7 names on it, what do people think the 7 are? My guess would be  it looks a little like this (unfortunately not much inspiration in there unless its hidden away in the last one)

Potter

Parker

Hassenhutl

Smith (obvs)

Marsch

Somebody who has managed us before ( one of Pearson / Ranieiri / Puel)

Wildcard (Random manager nobody anywhere has mentioned)

Potter - will never happen and will go to a premier League side. 

Parker - NO.

Hessenhutl - will ship too many goals, a meh for me 

Smith - meh

Marsch - NO

Letting Rudkin choose?! No, No, No, no!!!!!!!!!! And NO!

Somebody who has managed us before - we need a complete refreshing approach. 

Just don't know. Still like the idea of Michael Duff myself. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

The club will have a shortlist, rumours are there are 7 names on it, what do people think the 7 are? My guess would be  it looks a little like this (unfortunately not much inspiration in there unless its hidden away in the last one)

Potter

Parker

Hassenhutl

Smith (obvs)

Marsch

Somebody who has managed us before ( one of Pearson / Ranieiri / Puel)

Wildcard (Random manager nobody anywhere has mentioned)

Agree with your top 5

Vieira and then someone like a McKenna/Robins/Duff

Guest Mee-9
1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

Why are people obsessed with Parker? He got Bournemouth, yes but I didn't like his attitude when he got there. He'll be sacked very quickly if he comes 

I can't stand the bloke. 

His comments regarding ownership come straight out of the Brendan Rodgers' playbook. Not the sort of bloke I'd trust with a rebuild at all. 

We'd need someone ruthless and solid to do this. I can't see past Pearson. I can see Top panicking and reverting back to something to get us back on side. 

18 minutes ago, Bilo said:

A modern, progressive manager who will make the most of the incredible resources at his disposal is an absolute must. 

Experience in the Championship is one thing, but the will and ability to use the wealth of sports science facilities and capacity of Seagrave are more important. 

Enter big Nige!

1 minute ago, Gravel said:

Enter big Nige!

I wouldn't hate it.

Not sure if he's burned his bridges after kicking off about his son being sacked for racially abusing a hooker who was munching his leather Cheerio and getting the push at Leuven though.

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

I wouldn't hate it.

Not sure if he's burned his bridges after kicking off about his son being sacked for racially abusing a hooker who was munching his leather Cheerio and getting the push at Leuven though.

God, everyone is so snowflake and woke nowadays 🙄

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

For some reason Postecoglu has also been linked to us, apparently in a telegraph article I can't read behind paywall. Can't even imagine why he'd even look at us 

Probably whoever wrote the article only pays attention to the Sky Six and didn't realise we'd been relegated

2 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Why are people obsessed with Parker? He got Bournemouth, yes but I didn't like his attitude when he got there. He'll be sacked very quickly if he comes 

Also, the proof in the pudding was that their now current, unproven manager, that took over those same players in an emergency managed to get a tune out of them!!

How many of those players would we have picked over any of our just a few months ago? Yet nevertheless they did it. Probably says all you need to know about Parker, Rodgers and perhaps some of our players 🤔 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Also, the proof in the pudding was that their now current, unproven manager, that took over those same players in an emergency managed to get a tune out of them!!

How many of those players would we have picked over any of our just a few months ago? Yet nevertheless they did it. Probably says all you need to know about Parker, Rodgers and perhaps some of our players 🤔 

And where is the proof that Parker wouldn't have been able to get a tune out of them, just because O'Neil did? He left after 4 games and 3pts, having played Villa, Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool. Probably 2 pts more than anyone would have predicted. 

2 minutes ago, woznotwos said:

Things you wish you’d known 24 hours ago

If would have made the school trip I recently supervised less unpopular with the parents.

• Haha 1

So what’s people opinions on no announcement on Smith? 

No news whilst they sort out a new contract for him for next year?

No news as they talk to other candidates on their shortlist?

No news as they have no idea whatsoever what to do next?

7 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Hopefully they are looking at somebody else. I just don’t see it ending well with Smith at the wheel.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bilo said:

I wouldn't hate it.

@Mark how do I go about changing my username to “Leather Cheerio”? lol 

• Haha 4

I already put Emma Hayes up as a curve ball a week or so ago.

However let's go for every Fans favourite fall guy.

Mr Richie Wellens who just got Orient promoted. and knows the club. Worked with Big Nige too.

9 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

They haven't got a clue what to do 

7 minutes ago, blueharmie said:

They haven't got a clue what to do 

That’s my gut feeling. The basic of decision seems to take them longer than most clubs to make. You can imagine the panic and cluster currently going on behind the scenes. Poor Smith probably still waiting for the call