Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

If Southampton fail to get Russell Martin, which seems unlikely, he would certainly be a good option - as he seems highly-rated ar Swansea.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, alanf0x said:

So what’s people opinions on no announcement on Smith? 

No news whilst they sort out a new contract for him for next year?

No news as they talk to other candidates on their shortlist?

No news as they have no idea whatsoever what to do next?

Either they are running round the KP/Seagrave with the bennie hill music on loop, or they're in holiday conducting the review on the beach while sipping sangria

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

If Southampton fail to get Russell Martin, which seems unlikely, he would certainly be a good option - as he seems highly-rated ar Swansea.

Do you love your possession football? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Not for me. All that possession and he’s finished mid table with them. Another Brent type manager like Rodgers. Rather if we go for a young manager someone whose achieved something. McKenna, Jaissle, and Duff for me. I know Duff isn’t that young but he’s done well where he’s been. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

No thanks, he is a younger version of Brendan Rodgers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Guesty said:

I think as someone else mentioned on here. He's probably in the running, but not first - or maybe even fourth choice. Can you imagine:

1st June 2023: LCFC would like to thank Dean Smith for all his efforts and wish him well for the future.

Then

15th June 2023: LCFC would like to welcome Dean Smith to King Power Stadium. We have always valued Dean's skills very highly and feel there is no one better to lead our great club forward.

The worrying thing is, i can quite imagine this 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

i think this is very relevant - i doubt we've managed to lose our arrogance within a few days 

...how is this arrogance, this is aspirational, I have seen the names banded around and we do not have much confidence in ourselves!!!

We keep talking ourselves down, we are looking for Smith to take up the role and Hasenhuttl as an option, we need to stop being so desperate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stinky said:

And where is the proof that Parker wouldn't have been able to get a tune out of them, just because O'Neil did? He left after 4 games and 3pts, having played Villa, Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool. Probably 2 pts more than anyone would have predicted. 

Because very early doors, about 4 games in and following a 9 nil drubbing by Liverpool, he had a strop, disrespected his club and players by saying that they weren't good enough. He was already in protect himself mode after such a very short space of time. Slagging his club off and undermining his players, sound like anyone we know?

In fairness, Bournemouth hadn't invested much at all but it was still extremely early doors for him to sound off, effectively throwing in the towel and everyone under a bus to get his excuses in early. Had it been after half a season perhaps it would have been different and a bit more credible.

As it happens, O'Neil managed to steady the ship and succeed without fuss and panic with the same players. 

Parker then managed just 2 wins out of 12 games at Brugge including a 5-1 drubbing by Benfica in Europe. 

None of that inspires  confidence and neither does it suggest that he could have succeeded at Bournemouth because clearly when the going gets tough, he doesn't apparently, he panics and wimps out. Hardly a fighter is he.

2 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Not for me. All that possession and he’s finished mid table with them. Another Brent type manager like Rodgers. Rather if we go for a young manager someone whose achieved something. McKenna, Jaissle, and Duff for me. I know Duff isn’t that young but he’s done well where he’s been. 

Duff?

n5DRvip.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1