Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

I think Richie Wellens should get it. His Leyton Orient team were not only champions, but more importantly, had the lowest goals against per game in the football league. 

Has links with the club, was a decent grafting midfielder and should be a relatively easy get. Sign Kasper or get Michael Cooper from Plymouth. Coady from Wolves. Chair from QPR so we can continue making puns about his name until the heat-death of the universe. Stick Vardy in his cryo-chamber for the whole of pre-season. League wrapped up by February. 

8 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Because very early doors, about 4 games in and following a 9 nil drubbing by Liverpool, he had a strop, disrespected his club and players by saying that they weren't good enough. He was already in protect himself mode after such a very short space of time. Slagging his club off and undermining his players, sound like anyone we know?

In fairness, Bournemouth hadn't invested much at all but it was still extremely early doors for him to sound off, effectively throwing in the towel and everyone under a bus to get his excuses in early. Had it been after half a season perhaps it would have been different and a bit more credible.

As it happens, O'Neil managed to steady the ship and succeed without fuss and panic with the same players. 

Parker then managed just 2 wins out of 12 games at Brugge including a 5-1 drubbing by Benfica in Europe. 

None of that inspires  confidence and neither does it suggest that he could have succeeded at Bournemouth because clearly when the going gets tough, he doesn't apparently, he panics and wimps out. Hardly a fighter is he.

Yeah I still don't understand why any of this means he's guaranteed to have done a worse job than O'Neil. He got sacked in the last week of August when the transfer window closes. Lost 9-0 at a side who is capable of inflicting that sort of result on most teams in this league, of course you'd look at that and think the squad needs investment sharpish. Did you think it was a good enough side to stay up at that point? Bournemouth did about as well as you'd expect in the first half of the season, lingering in and around the drop zone. Then after spending nearly x3 more in January than what Parker was given in the summer, they improve a fair bit. Funny that. 

And are you really using a drubbing at a much better side in Europe against him? lol

Edited by Stinky

I’ve been calling for big Ange for a looooong time, and I genuinely think we have a chance.

Big(ish) club in trouble, need a proper culture resetting manager, top facilities, he would be ideal. 

Yes we’re now Championship, but he needs a club with a little patience and I don’t think Spurs is that job. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ACF said:

I’ve been calling for big Ange for a looooong time, and I genuinely think we have a chance.

Big(ish) club in trouble, need a proper culture resetting manager, top facilities, he would be ideal. 

Yes we’re now Championship, but he needs a club with a little patience and I don’t think Spurs is that job. 

There’s no way he chooses us over Spurs!

2 minutes ago, ACF said:

I think he wants premier league job, I agree I don't think he's on spurs lists. My guess if Moyes fails to win the final for West Ham, he'll likely end up there.

Guest Mee-9

Big Ange is going Spurs isn’t he? Pretty nailed oj isn’t it?

I’m just a bit concerned that we’ve wasted almost a week now and haven’t approached anyone. 

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

There’s no way he chooses us over Spurs!

I know I know, doesn’t mean I don’t think it’s the perfect, he’ll need Levy completely out of the way and I don’t think he’d get that. Ange has previous of being patient and waiting for the perfect opportunity.

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

I think he wants premier league job, I agree I don't think he's on spurs lists. My guess if Moyes fails to win the final for West Ham, he'll likely end up there.

Completely agree on West Ham being a better fit.

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

Can’t see it myself as he’s just been given the boot by Inter Miami but I’ve heard Phil Neville is on the shortlist the club have set up. 😮‍💨

If Phil Neville gets to within 10 feet of the door at the King Power then I'm sorry, I'm done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

Can’t see it myself as he’s just been given the boot by Inter Miami but I’ve heard Phil Neville is on the shortlist the club have set up. 😮‍💨

Oh for the love of god please hope this isn’t true. Any other names of interest on the list? Are you pleasantly surprised or disappointed by the names on the list? 

14 minutes ago, ACF said:

He's NOT swapping the champions League for the championship. It's not even remotely plausible. 

Just now, Claudio Fannieri said:

Oh for the love of god please hope this isn’t true. Any other names of interest on the list? Are you pleasantly surprised or disappointed by the names on the list? 

I’ve not heard anything other than the club were looking for “younger managers with fresh ideas”

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Big Ange is going Spurs isn’t he? Pretty nailed oj isn’t it?

I’m just a bit concerned that we’ve wasted almost a week now and haven’t approached anyone. 

How do you know we haven't approached anyone?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’ve not heard anything other than the club were looking for “younger managers with fresh ideas”

Fortunately Phil Neville doesn't fit those categories. 

Corberan and Jassie do though.

• Like 1