Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

39 minutes ago, Tomek said:

Keeping Smith would be the most uninspiring appointment in the club's history.

It would be but perhaps the owners want a safe pair of hands, especially with Shakey as part of the deal. 

If we can't get Potter then any other appointment will be a risk and King Power might not be ready for another one after what their business has gone through. 

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

It would be but perhaps the owners want a safe pair of hands, especially with Shakey as part of the deal. 

If we can't get Potter then any other appointment will be a risk and King Power might not be ready for another one after what their business has gone through. 

What actually makes Smith a safe pair of hands? Is he just the newer breed of Big Sam/Hughes/Pardew/Bruce?

21 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

There are people here who would not be happy wirh Potter? 

Really?

It would be a major appointment if we did pull it off .

100%

he may feel that he has the space here with a small existing squad to build something.  Going into a full PL set up means you have to pretty much work with what is there. That may not suit what he wants to do. 

the only problem I could see with potter here is that the mass of the fanbase who became bored with Brendan’s controlling football won’t like him (they wouldn’t like kompany either on the same basis.) 

I would be delighted to see a squad able to play like brightons but I think I’m in a minority because to get to that stage requires us to put up with a longish period of dullness. 

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

I mean, it was reported that he was recieving death threats to him and his kids while at Chelsea, I can see him wanting to go for something a bit less high profile. can argue either way whether us in the championship is less high profile than taking Palace or waiting for a Bournemouth/Fulham type job to come up

We'd be ideal then, he could lose the first 10 games and 3/4 of the stadium would still clap him at the end of games

• Like 1

Give potter what he wants which will be far less than Rodger’s was on. We’ll never pay a manager 10m a yr at this club again. It’s a very good job but we need to get the appointment right and have a two year plan to get us out the championship. 

Being critical of a Potter appointment because of what De Zerbi has subsequently done is madness. 

Pearson laid the foundations for Ranieri, as Potter did for De Zerbi. 

He’d be an ideal appointment. He’d also go some way to making the most out of Seagrave and our academy. 

• Like 3

I don't know what the split actually is, but there are always decent percentages for anyone we are linked with as follows:

30%He is crap (he has been living off that ballon d'or for the last two years!)

40% He would be a great signing, just what we need 

30% we are the sh#ttest club ever, why would they even consider coming here? There is that 27 year old in league 2 who has been tearing it up, we should get them!

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

From where?

Alan Nixon from the S*n according to The Mercury bin fire website. Both websites are shit so I'm not gonna link either. 

City have approached him for a second time and we're willing to thrown "big money" at him to convince him to join, or so they say.

Potter would need some pretty heavy assurances about the quality of the player we were going to bring in.

All he has to do is look at our recruitment and he can tell it won't be up to the standard he'd expect.

No chance of this one happening. 

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Potter's sides are a bit of a one trick pony, probably good enough to get out of the championship but his Swansea side didn't;t pull up any trees, even if he there was a huge turnover of staff. At Brighton they never made good on their promise under him, De Zerbi showed what that squad was capable of.

Said this so many times but anyone that gets Ollie McBurnie bagging 20 odd goals is a miracle worker

2 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Potter would need some pretty heavy assurances about the quality of the player we were going to bring in.

All he has to do is look at our recruitment and he can tell it won't be up to the standard he'd expect.

No chance of this one happening. 

Doesn't he come with a pretty big entourage who'd want a fair amount of control over recruitment?