Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

35 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

For some reason, I think Everton will dump Dyche and go for Potter.

Dyche was only contracted to the end of the season.

They're utterly toxic and will be getting a fine and deduction from the PL very soon, then a class action lawsuit from us I hope. 

8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Does taking Ostersunds from 3 divisions below to the european spots of the Swedish Premier League not count? I know standards are different but it's still an achievement!

I can’t really think of many who have achieved what Potter’s achieved. To go from what I think was the Swedish fourth division to achelease entirely on their own back is a huge achievement in itself.

He’d be mad to come here though. 

1 hour ago, jv1 said:

Not happening in a million years - no chance he comes to us - won’t matter how much they throw at him - he gets the next top half prem job I reckon 

...you would say then, he would be as deluded as he was, when, he said yes to the Chelsea job!!!

We all saw that it was not the right fit for him, I suppose he had to, in a way, take the opportunity, as he would have been viewed as not ambitious, should he have said no to the Chelsea offer.

You would imagine that he is making these decisions himself, but if that is not the case he is being poorly advised.

9 minutes ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

I just want to hear something, anything from the club, we haven’t got time on our side to get everything sorted. Even just releasing list of players who wi t be retained or out of contract would be a start.

Suze and Rudders are still reviewing the situation.

• Sad 1

Whoever it is they, and their staff need to be in place for the end of next week at the LATEST. 

No more faff, cut the dillie dallying..get it sorted so we can sell and buy and build a group of 23-24 players who can get a minimum of 92 points next season. 

41 minutes ago, LVFox said:

I'd take Farke over some other names mentioned but definitely a few better options out there for me.

I can see Van Nistelrooy heading to Gladbach now, had heard that link before Farke had even gone.

I personally think Farke would be better than Potter. 

In farke we get a good manager who plays decent football. Someone who was able to make Pukki look like a top class striker, so clearly gets the best out of players. Someone who is good at building from the ground up. Someone who has knowledge of multiple leagues, this is huge because he will know the type of players from germany that would work well in this league. 

I’d be very excited if we were able to attract him and would have a heck of a lot of confidence we bounce back at the first time of asking. 

For those of you who might only be familiar of his premier league sides, it doesn’t really tell the full picture. His norwich teams in the championship were magnificent to watch. 

Edited by Lambert09

30 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Our board probably think you can eat chicken medium rare but even they aren't ****ing daft enough to hire Phil Neville

Ha, you think.

They were daft enough to persist with "Todgers" 20 Mths past his sell by date.  

8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

For those of you who might only be familiar of his premier league sides, it doesn’t really tell the full picture. His norwich teams in the championship were magnificent to watch. 

This is 100% true, 94 and 97 points in seasons where the league was incredibly competitive.

He got given a shit hand by Norwich in the PL as they never invested in the squad enough. Championship Farke is elite.

44 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

They're utterly toxic and will be getting a fine and deduction from the PL very soon, then a class action lawsuit from us I hope. 

...take them for £100m!!!

Leeds and Southampton will be doing the same no doubt, they will no doubt get a points reduction for next season, when neither we nor the other relegated teams will benefit.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...take them for £100m!!!

Leeds and Southampton will be doing the same no doubt, they will no doubt get a points reduction for next season, when neither we nor the other relegated teams will benefit.

£300m minimum, plus £100m per season we're out of the Premier League, 10% of the gate receipts from Bramley Docks for the next 15 years, and free tickets to the Beatles museum any time we want.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Scott Parker would just get us promoted and take us down again.....Farke becomes available and folk think he's any different 

There's a vast difference between the two.

Parker has always just done enough to go up with good squads - not a huge criticism, sometimes doing enough is all that's needed. He's also proven himself to be a Rodgers style petulant man child when the going gets tough.

Farke's Norwich dominated really good Championships playing incredible football, and then he stuck it out in shit circumstances in the PL. Telling that during those seasons in the prem, Norwich fans never massively turned on him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LVFox said:

There's a vast difference between the two.

Parker has always just done enough to go up with good squads - not a huge criticism, sometimes doing enough is all that's needed. He's also proven himself to be a Rodgers style petulant man child when the going gets tough.

Farke's Norwich dominated really good Championships playing incredible football, and then he stuck it out in shit circumstances in the PL. Telling that during those seasons in the prem, Norwich fans never massively turned on him.

i’m glad someone talks sense on here! 

I knew most people couldn’t wrap their heads around him because of how things went when he gained promotion. 

• Like 1

Potter is just a smoke screen for Phil Neville

But seriously, why would Potter risk coming here and further damaging his reputation? There's a lot of work to do and he'll be expected to take us up even though he may have half a team by August.

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Literally peoples issue with Parker though

In a way yes, I'd back Parker to get us up. But we also need an culture reset similar to what Pearson achieved when we dropped to League 1.

Parker would get us up, but we'd either yo-yo or need to fire and rehire in the Prem.

I think Farke, given good backing in the Prem could easily see us to mid table. I think he'd re-energise the club.

• Like 1