Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

19 minutes ago, LVFox said:

There's a vast difference between the two.

Parker has always just done enough to go up with good squads - not a huge criticism, sometimes doing enough is all that's needed. He's also proven himself to be a Rodgers style petulant man child when the going gets tough.

Farke's Norwich dominated really good Championships playing incredible football, and then he stuck it out in shit circumstances in the PL. Telling that during those seasons in the prem, Norwich fans never massively turned on him.

I don't want either, however if Parker had of stayed on at Bournemouth with hardly any investment and took them down he wouldn't get the same leniency on here. Farke spent almost 3 times as much as Parker last time Norwich went up, perhaps if Parker had spent the same amount he wouldn't have had anything to complain about. Again I'd prefer neither of them though.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

10 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Farke spent almost 3 times as much as Parker last time Norwich went up, perhaps if Parker had spent the same amount he wouldn't have had anything to complain about. Again I'd prefer neither of them though.

I mean, not true from what I can find online but I'm getting dangerously close to being pedantic.

I'm also coming across as a huge Farke fan boy which I'm not.

Potter in please 🤣

34 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Potter is just a smoke screen for Phil Neville

But seriously, why would Potter risk coming here and further damaging his reputation? There's a lot of work to do and he'll be expected to take us up even though he may have half a team by August.

Depends if he is still sought after since the Chelsea debacle. I always felt he was not the type for a big club, at least at this point.

If not, then Leicester could be a way back into the big time for him. I wanted him here a couple of years ago and I would have him here now, 100%. Think he could be a great fit at this time for what we need.

• Like 3

Let's end this argument once and for all. NO to Parker and NO to Farke. 

Look at ma face, am I bothered who is best, yeah? Look at ma face! Bothered! 

There, said it! Moving on. 

Edited by fox_favourite

41 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Literally peoples issue with Parker though

they aren’t even remotely similar. One built from the ground up and integrated youth. The other inherited premier league squads that had very little refreshing needed. Parker did better than expected but I think any half respectable manager gets the same result: 

I hope our owners can differentiate between the 2 jobs more than our fans.  

Edited by Lambert09

1 hour ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

I just want to hear something, anything from the club, we haven’t got time on our side to get everything sorted. Even just releasing list of players who wi t be retained or out of contract would be a start.

We know the list of players who are out of contract at the end of June 

all others first team squad players are retained 

happy now ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

They're utterly toxic and will be getting a fine and deduction from the PL very soon, then a class action lawsuit from us I hope. 

Whilst no one will disagree with you about the toxicity , the post you were responding to was incorrect about dyche 

14 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

they aren’t even remotely similar. One built from the ground up and integrated youth. The other inherited premier league squads that had very little refreshing needed. Parker did better than expected but I think any half respectable manager gets the same result: 

I hope our owners can differentiate between the 2 jobs more than our fans.  

Farke didn't build Norwich from the ground up did he really. Ideally wouldn't have either

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We know the list of players who are out of contract at the end of June 

all others first team squad players are retained 

happy now ?

We know who’s out of contract but that doesn’t mean that might not have resigned a couple

18 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Farke didn't build Norwich from the ground up did he really. Ideally wouldn't have either

when farke arrived at norwich he made 16 signings. If that’s not a rebuild than what is?!

He’s not the right guy for a relegation scrap… neither would Marco Silva be.. but if we have enough quality to compete? We’d be more than happy with him 

2E7D9574-717F-4298-94C3-E4A82D1055C2.jpeg

C7B14C77-A6D1-4FE3-8E21-B0C50D38129A.jpeg

Edited by Lambert09

3 minutes ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

We know who’s out of contract but that doesn’t mean that might not have resigned a couple

this is one of the problems of not having a coach 

I wouldn’t think we will have decided to try and renew any of them - especially as they would want a ‘s/o fee’ and won’t be happy with championship wages. we have enough problems with those players into their final year - without knowing their plans we can’t really be making calls on those OOC

if any of the OOC players are still without a club when our new coach arrives, it’s possible but I’d very much doubt it. 

1 hour ago, TMELcfc said:

Not Potter... please - Although typical Rudkin, just wants his teams to play tippy tappy coached crap

😂we belong in the championship with point of views like this, it’s not the 1960s… Name me a successful team in the past 5 years that doesn’t play “tippy tappy coached crap”? 

I don’t think we can afford to delay recruiting a manager based on the outside chance Potter is genuinely interested. Maybe interested. Maybe interested if a PL club don’t come in for him.

Edited by JimmyC74

10 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

I don’t think we can afford to delay recruiting a manager based on the outside chance Potter is genuinely interested. Maybe interested. Maybe interested if a PL club don’t come in for him.

Absolutely no mucking about or delay on this if Potter fancies it. Make him the best paid manager in the Championship and give him the keys to all areas of Seagrave if he wants it.

• Like 1

If it’s Potter then great but whoever the manager is need’s to be done and dusted by next week.

There’s no time for messing around, if Potter dither's then move on quickly.