Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Tippy tapped Brighton to 4th before he left. Yea, he’s shit.

Rodgers got us to 4th for 2 whole seasons, falling to 5th on the final day of both seasons.

Come the turn of the year, the second halves of each season were awful to watch with tippy tappy shite though - I'm not sure the first halves on a whole were that amazing to watch if i'm honest. Disgusting, boring, insipid, nonsense style.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, dnewty said:

If it’s Potter then great but whoever the manager is need’s to be done and dusted by next week.

There’s no time for messing around, if Potter dither's then move on quickly.

No chance with Potter , reports he is Palace bound or maybe West Ham. Why would he further tarnish his reputation coming to our comedy cuts club at the moment ?

1 minute ago, Yuki! said:

You heard of Man City? 

The Man City that play between the lines at every opportunity and press like their lives depend on it?

There's a difference between the slow possession-based stuff we've been playing (attrociously), which Potter is also known for, and the stuff Man City etc. are winning everything with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

when farke arrived at norwich he made 16 signings. If that’s not a rebuild than what is?!

He’s not the right guy for a relegation scrap… neither would Marco Silva be.. but if we have enough quality to compete? We’d be more than happy with him 

2E7D9574-717F-4298-94C3-E4A82D1055C2.jpeg

C7B14C77-A6D1-4FE3-8E21-B0C50D38129A.jpeg

How many of those 16 played most of their games? They also finished what 14th that season? Not denying he eventually did a good job there, but don't want either him or Parker ideally. My point is more around Parker getting beaten by most for not being good enough in the top flight but on the face of it neither is Farke. He's also guided Mönchengladbach to their joint worst finish since 2010/11.

Everyone slowly convincing themselves it just might be potter. I’m really sorry but it just won’t happen. There are about 5 clubs who have feelers out there that are a bigger draw than atm. Get it out of your heads. This is top, it will be Smith or curbishley. 😂

39 minutes ago, jerry said:

No chance with Potter , reports he is Palace bound or maybe West Ham. Why would he further tarnish his reputation coming to our comedy cuts club at the moment ?

Why are they better than us ?

we have been guilty of being too loyal and our last 7 years puts them to shame plus our infrastructure is miles better …….we have made mistakes yes but I think we are still very attractive …take us back to prem with plans to expand ground , great training facilities and budget to build your own team…..?? What’s not to like ?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Old Fox said:

we have been guilty of being too loyal and our last 7 years puts them to shame plus our infrastructure is miles better …….we have made mistakes yes but I think we are still very attractive …take us back to prem with plans to expand ground , great training facilities and budget to build your own team…..?? What’s not to like ?

The squad 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is Parker being touted? God, no. I have varying opinions of the likes of Potter, McKenna, Tomasson, Pearson, Carrick, Corberan and the other names thrown into the ring, but any of those appointments would come with some degree of hope.

Parker, like Martin, really would reek of a board saying 'our vision for the club, regardless of whether it's fallen off a cliff, remains undimmed'. It'd be a case of appointing a boss who can do a job in the short-term, without necessarily impacting on the Rudkin-Top long-term vision for the club.

Personally, I'd like to appoint someone who can alter that vision. Rudkin and Top are incapable of plotting the way forward. That is as clear as day, even if they comfort themselves with fallacies about having been responsible for Pearson's, or Ranieri's, or Puel/Rodgers' success. The whole point of us being successful was that it wasn't down to being well-moneyed by prosperous owners, but rather as a result of a sustainable model. But that didn't come from the board. It came from Pearson. And if they think it was them, and the 350K they parted with for Mahrez, rather than the guy who'd seen that he was worth a lot more than that, which led to our success, then we're going to see a great many more errors. Be humble. Understand what you can do, and what someone else needs to do for you.

Their vision of 'the right way', this notion of possession-based football being the only football, has ruined us, and I'd prefer to see an appointment designed to regain the initiative, rather than one designed to prove that Top and Rudkin were right all along. Because, put simply, they were not.

I just hope that Top can resurrect this with a bit of humility, and willingness to be a bit more self-effacing. Early signs aren't promising. In fact, they suggest that he/they think they really were the masterminds behind our success. I have a feeling we may be headed down a very dark road unless someone has a serious rethink. They don't seem to be close to understanding the extent of their incompetence.

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

when farke arrived at norwich he made 16 signings. If that’s not a rebuild than what is?!

He’s not the right guy for a relegation scrap… neither would Marco Silva be.. but if we have enough quality to compete? We’d be more than happy with him 

2E7D9574-717F-4298-94C3-E4A82D1055C2.jpeg

C7B14C77-A6D1-4FE3-8E21-B0C50D38129A.jpeg

Norwich have an extremely well established recruitment infrastructure overseen by Stuart Webber. Farke didn't sign shit. 

Dean Smith 11/8  
Jesse Marsch 3/1  
Claudio Ranieri 4/1  
Nigel Pearson 5/1  
Steven Gerrard 6/1  
Ralph Hasenhuttl 6/1  
Carlos Corberan 8/1  
Michael Carrick 9/1  
Ruud van Nistelrooy 10/1  
Graham Potter 12/1  
Rafael Benitez 14/1  
Jon Dahl Tomasson 16/1  
Ange Postecoglou 25/1  

Take your pick

3 hours ago, TMELcfc said:

Not Potter... please - Although typical Rudkin, just wants his teams to play tippy tappy coached crap

...I know we've been burnt by Rodgers but the "tippy tappy coached crap" was some of the best stuff we've ever played pre Feb 2020. The problem was that Rodgers, both here and historically, couldn't build a team for shit (he'd be a good head coach if he could put his ego aside, accept less power and work under a competent DoF doing recruitment) and as he put his own stamp on the team with recruitment, it deteriorated, and his attitude in response to not getting another war chest was to throw a sulk. we already know that's not the case with Potter, the man is a builder capable of transforming teams like he did at Brighton 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not a fan of his, but at this level I can't pretend he wouldn't stand a chance of getting us promoted. Bloke can't get a team scoring goals if his life depended on it though.

A bit harsh when he’s relying on Maupay, Welbeck or a false 9.

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Also depends on what he’s got. Kelch will score goals if coached well. And I still believe Daka would too. When I look at Brighton, I don’t see that prolific striker who’s going to get you 20+ every season. Mac Allister was their top scorer with 10, even under De Zerbi. 

Interestingly, Ferguson is the striker that they’ve been screaming out for with some very good early signs so always wonder how Potter would have fared if he was there with him?

100% what Finnegan (below) says 👌🏻

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Was talking about this in another thread the other day. 

When you look at some of the strikers he's had playing for him, he's had a number (Maupay being the most obvious) that severely underperformed their xG per 90 minutes. Maupay alone comes in at something like -0.3 per 90 minutes below his expected goals. You're looking at the best part of 15 odd goals a season. 

I think his teams largely do create chances they just don't take them. 

Given our strikers are fairly consistent in meeting their xG, I think we'd be fairly well set in that regard as long as we aren't intending on selling any of them. 

13 minutes ago, trugerkem said:
Dean Smith 11/8  
Jesse Marsch 3/1  
Claudio Ranieri 4/1  
Nigel Pearson 5/1  
Steven Gerrard 6/1  
Ralph Hasenhuttl 6/1  
Carlos Corberan 8/1  
Michael Carrick 9/1  
Ruud van Nistelrooy 10/1  
Graham Potter 12/1  
Rafael Benitez 14/1  
Jon Dahl Tomasson 16/1  
Ange Postecoglou 25/1  

Take your pick

That list says to me that no one has a clue. There are no leads. Smith is only favourite because he's been here. 

Jessie Marsch, Ranieri and Pearson next says it all. 

40 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Complete rebuild needed and would you trust the powers that be to get the transfer policy right ?

Just now, jerry said:

Complete rebuild needed and would you trust the powers that be to get the transfer policy right ?

I think we are more attractive than half the prem and all the championship …..we have had a rubbish time with lots of mistakes in the past 18 months with some factors like CoVID undoubtedly harming our owners but let’s get perspective we are a fantastic project if your ambitious …..might be looking through a glass half full but personally the relegation now means we start again manager wise and squad with which most of them will gladly move on….

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

I think we are more attractive than half the prem and all the championship …..we have had a rubbish time with lots of mistakes in the past 18 months with some factors like CoVID undoubtedly harming our owners but let’s get perspective we are a fantastic project if your ambitious …..might be looking through a glass half full but personally the relegation now means we start again manager wise and squad with which most of them will gladly move on….

Admire , genuinely ,your positivity. Have always been a glass half full person and it has served me well over the years  🙄 .