Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

7 minutes ago, jerry said:

Complete rebuild needed and would you trust the powers that be to get the transfer policy right ?

Tbh, Faes, Souttar and VK were all the regime and, in terms of value for money, I think offer hope. 

They were also responsible for Tete though, who is second only to Adrien Silva as the weakest, slowest, most effete player in serious professional football

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Rodgers got us to 4th for 2 whole seasons, falling to 5th on the final day of both seasons.

Come the turn of the year, the second halves of each season were awful to watch with tippy tappy shite though - I'm not sure the first halves on a whole were that amazing to watch if i'm honest. Disgusting, boring, insipid, nonsense style.

He left two months ago. You can let it go now, you might feel better about yourself. 

1 hour ago, jerry said:

No chance with Potter , reports he is Palace bound or maybe West Ham. Why would he further tarnish his reputation coming to our comedy cuts club at the moment ?

If West Ham come for him , then he'll more than likely go there.

We're probably a better shout than Palace (although a decent club) because, long term,  we could get him where he wants to be,  and vice versa 

Next season: Don't care. Put Huth on a managerial course.

The season after: Huth as assistant.

The next season: Huth.

I think we're got to the point where, in lieu of any realistic optimism, my fantasy of Huth successfully making his way, post-playing days, amid a club in crisis, only to pull us out of the crisis, being reunited with Fuchs and other Premier League winners, and back into the Premier League, is my coping mechanism.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

I think we are more attractive than half the prem and all the championship …..we have had a rubbish time with lots of mistakes in the past 18 months with some factors like CoVID undoubtedly harming our owners but let’s get perspective we are a fantastic project if your ambitious …..might be looking through a glass half full but personally the relegation now means we start again manager wise and squad with which most of them will gladly move on….

We are not more attractive than half the Premier league due to them being in the Premier league 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

Didn't they have a great family day, with some great inflatables.

Was great fun until one of the balls went in a neighbours garden and wouldn't give it back 

8 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

We are not more attractive than half the Premier league due to them being in the Premier league 

Yes and no. 

Brentford. Bournemouth. Sheff Utd. Fulham. Burnley..Luton all definitely less appealing than our job. 

And only a modest difference in the favour of Wolves, Palace,. Forest....so more or less, half the division is tnere

• Like 1

Guest glasgowfox

The number of players we are going to lose leaves only one option....Bob the builder :scarf:

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Yes and no. 

Brentford. Bournemouth. Sheff Utd. Fulham. Burnley..Luton all definitely less appealing than our job. 

And only a modest difference in the favour of Wolves, Palace,. Forest....so more or less, half the division is tnere

Not sure how you're putting Brentford in that bracket to be honest. You don't even have to be that good and you can succeed at Brentford as head coach due to the incredible work behind the scenes. 

It's an opinion based thing though I suppose, so utterly pointless arguing. I have started typing though, so may as well see the post through :D

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

Matter of opinion seeing as half of them will be in a relegation battle and probably stay that way - we however have proved we can get up, compete and win trophies or have the ambition to do so - how many of those clubs seriously have that ambition.

whilst I recognise we have to start again and it undoubtedly will be hard to do again our owner have shown it can be done 

I disagree that we definitely imo are more attractive than most !

18 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

Certainly not half, but we're a better prospect than clubs like Bournemouth and Luton surely? 

4 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Certainly not half, but we're a better prospect than clubs like Bournemouth and Luton surely? 

Which clubs are more attractive in the prem ?

Big 6 + Newcastle + Brighton (infrastructure is superb) + ?? Villa?

I struggle after that as I maintain in a 3-5 year window we can still be a Top 8 side with the infrastructure to compete for European spots - most of the other sides in the prem would take survival every season and no more.

we totally screwed up with Rodger’s and lessons need to be learnt but I genuinely believe Top will harbour the same ambitions if not they will be even stronger but our infrastructure is better to go again 

we just need a great manager with more than one plan and ambition 

I can't see Potter coming to us unless we've lost our minds and offering him a Rodgers style contract.

I myself can't see past Rafa Benitez as the perfect fit.

good win rate.

has brought a team up from the championship.

Has kept teams up on a budget.

Has European pedigree.

Has real football experience, would be good to offer Top advice on footballing matters.

Knows a player and how to build a squad.

He'd be the best chance we have I think

1 minute ago, Old Fox said:

Which clubs are more attractive in the prem ?

Big 6 + Newcastle + Brighton (infrastructure is superb) + ?? Villa?

I struggle after that as I maintain in a 3-5 year window we can still be a Top 8 side with the infrastructure to compete for European spots - most of the other sides in the prem would take survival every season and no more.

we totally screwed up with Rodger’s and lessons need to be learnt but I genuinely believe Top will harbour the same ambitions if not they will be even stronger but our infrastructure is better to go again 

we just need a great manager with more than one plan and ambition 

It depends what you're talking about.

If you're talking about an experienced player in their early thirties who's only thinking about the next couple of years, we'll only be more attractive than a handful of clubs. Same goes for managers signing on a short term basis.

Where it starts to get more interesting is where we're selling the club to prospective young managers and players as a long-term project. Potter is a project guy, snd that does put us one up on about half the Premier League. If you're thinking about the next five years, will we still be below Luton, Bournemouth, Fulham, Sheffield United, Palace, Forest and Burnley in the pyramid? If you're a young player, who's going to develop your talent? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I can't see Potter coming to us unless we've lost our minds and offering him a Rodgers style contract.

I myself can't see past Rafa Benitez as the perfect fit.

good win rate.

has brought a team up from the championship.

Has kept teams up on a budget.

Has European pedigree.

Has real football experience, would be good to offer Top advice on footballing matters.

Knows a player and how to build a squad.

He'd be the best chance we have I think

Rafa is past it. Absolute shambles at Everton. Pretty dour football style too. Not great to watch.