Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

48 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Which clubs are more attractive in the prem ?

Big 6 + Newcastle + Brighton (infrastructure is superb) + ?? Villa?

I struggle after that as I maintain in a 3-5 year window we can still be a Top 8 side with the infrastructure to compete for European spots - most of the other sides in the prem would take survival every season and no more.

we totally screwed up with Rodger’s and lessons need to be learnt but I genuinely believe Top will harbour the same ambitions if not they will be even stronger but our infrastructure is better to go again 

we just need a great manager with more than one plan and ambition 

See I’m on the opposite side of this. Why are we set up to go again. Yes, Seagrave is there but you don’t just find another Jamie Vardy or Mahrez. We don’t have an innovative scouting department (we did, not anymore) or medical team. We don’t have a maverick DOF/owner. It’s very likely if we go up, it will be a relegation battle. You don’t lay foundations, have them swiped and go again. 

The only thing that sets us apart is a stupidly big training complex which PL teams will in the next few years easily build with the benefits they currently have. Big is not always beautiful. I mean Palace and Brentford both have London. Nottingham has a history, with ambition and comfortable living - a lot of our players happily live there. Fulham - London, ambitious owners. Everton - much bigger club just haven’t done it right. Wolves - ambition with certain contacts, granted FFP may be an issue but let’s see how that goes.  Regardless, how can say they are happy to survive when we’ve never in our time in the PL pushed the boat out ? What is our average net spend ?

That leaves us as a better job than perhaps Luton. I certainly don’t see how we can sit there, clap off a 18th place finish, drop players worth £40m for free and question the ambition of a group of teams sat in a far better position to us, with more going for them and better squad and say we have more ambition than them - we don’t, no where near. 

If Potter comes here, I’d be shocked and would question his own ambition. How do you go from elite to something which is tiny in comparison. He should wait for one of the jobs above to come up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

I can't see Potter coming to us unless we've lost our minds and offering him a Rodgers style contract.

I myself can't see past Rafa Benitez as the perfect fit.

good win rate.

has brought a team up from the championship.

Has kept teams up on a budget.

Has European pedigree.

Has real football experience, would be good to offer Top advice on footballing matters.

Knows a player and how to build a squad.

He'd be the best chance we have I think

Very logical.

You are going to get some grief on this forum.

22 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Rafa is past it. Absolute shambles at Everton. Pretty dour football style too. Not great to watch. 

he took on a shambles, and was given nothing to help, they were already relegation fodder at that point, he was there 6 months and since he's gone, theyve not improved

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Alan Nixon now suggesting it’s unlikely that Potter will join, saying “he wouldn’t put his 10p on it.”

Massive shock 😂 it’s all to make the fans think we looked at potter haha. It will be smith I would imagine. Starting to see tops mentioned methods now. Easiest possible route, least amount of effort, zero inspiration 

2 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

They’ll have to expelliarm us from the league when this news breaks

sorry can’t say anymore than that night all 

So it’s basically someone really good or someone absolutely terrible. No middle ground with us. 

Guest Mee-9
3 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

They’ll have to expelliarm us from the league when this news breaks

sorry can’t say anymore than that night all 

You'd have to be dementored to reveal your sources mate. Keep those chocolate frog cards close to your chest. 

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

I can't say too much, but I hear that our new boss has a magical dog named a Labracadabradoor. 

Can’t just bowl up acting ITK and expect us to believe you, either reveal your source or sling your hook pal

too many time wasters on here wrecking it for those of us who just try and pass honest information on. SAD!

• Haha 4

Guest Mee-9

Personally reckon we should go in for Ian Marshall. 

His twitter at the moment is fire. Pure content. 

5 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

In other news, I saw that John Terry was trending on twitter and thought there maybe some news, but it was this....

lol

The sleeping at Seagrave thing makes sense now…figured the authorities would never A) find him in that monstrosity and/or B) risk an ACL injury trying to capture him!