Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Potential summer sale for the Club?

12 minutes ago, Rossiter said:

I wonder if Jim Ratcliffe might be interested if he doesn't get man utd

Now that would be something.  He is a sound guy.  Look at what he has done with Ineos. and the Grenadier.  Puts his heart into his projects.

Sort of owner that could fit NP in, also would have no qualms about saying bye bye to certain players. Suppose an putting my dreams onto paper.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Look at Liverpool not saying they are doing amazing, but even Manchester United as a whole with the Glazers they have done okay…

For a club of our size we cannot complain to be honest with US investment I would prefer the Arab money but beggars cannot be choosers.

What? Both fanbases want these owners out.

I wouldn't want Americans anywhere near our club. Comparisons to Man Utd and Liverpool are different anyway considering they are among the biggest clubs in the Country, it would be so different walking into a club like us.

25 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Look at Liverpool not saying they are doing amazing, but even Manchester United as a whole with the Glazers they have done okay…

For a club of our size we cannot complain to be honest with US investment I would prefer the Arab money but beggars cannot be choosers.

"American investment" doesn't mean Americans will invest money into Leicester City.  It means they will buy shares from the current owners and then seek to make a profit during their period of ownership.  That's how American sports club ownership works.

How many hundreds of millions have the Glazers taken out of Man U?  Man U may be doing OK, but that's because they generate more money than anyone in the world.  If they could keep all the money they earn, they could be doing even better.

Look at Burnley.  The new American owners paid about £15m of their own money to buy the club, and took a further £110m out of the club to pay the rest of their immediate debt.  They took out £1.5m fees i the last PL season, they forced the club to take out a £65m loan at 10+% interest to fund their interest free loan borrowings, and then on relegation the entire parachute money went to repay the loan.  They downgraded the academy from category 1 to category 2, as well.  They appointed Kompany who has obviously done a terrific job, but the club has paid over £10m in additional expenses (which will certainly never get back) and £110m in loans (which we will almost certainly never get back) for the privilege of getting American owners.  If you get American owners who don't get it right on the field, you're right into Dickie's meadow.

At least Arabs (normally) are inclined to put money in, not take it out.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Liverpool have done it despite the ownership rather than because of it. Edwards / Klopp worked miracles.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

"American investment" doesn't mean Americans will invest money into Leicester City.  It means they will buy shares from the current owners and then seek to make a profit during their period of ownership.  That's how American sports club ownership works.

How many hundreds of millions have the Glazers taken out of Man U?  Man U may be doing OK, but that's because they generate more money than anyone in the world.  If they could keep all the money they earn, they could be doing even better.

Look at Burnley.  The new American owners paid about £15m of their own money to buy the club, and took a further £110m out of the club to pay the rest of their immediate debt.  They took out £1.5m fees i the last PL season, they forced the club to take out a £65m loan at 10+% interest to fund their interest free loan borrowings, and then on relegation the entire parachute money went to repay the loan.  They downgraded the academy from category 1 to category 2, as well.  They appointed Kompany who has obviously done a terrific job, but the club has paid over £10m in additional expenses (which will certainly never get back) and £110m in loans (which we will almost certainly never get back) for the privilege of getting American owners.  If you get American owners who don't get it right on the field, you're right into Dickie's meadow.

At least Arabs (normally) are inclined to put money in, not take it out.

Not to mention the inevitable Super League, All Stars, Draft Pick or other repulsive ideas which they'd likely want to introduce in our clubs name.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Liverpool have done it despite the ownership rather than because of it. Edwards / Klopp worked miracles.

You can have disinterested or miserly owners provided they get the football appointments right, look at Cov - they're a shit show but with a decent manager and good recruitment they've progressed well. We have an owner with embarrassing footballing knowledge, the financial tap's been turned off and is overly trusting of the idiots at board level. Rudkin marks his own homework by the looks of it.

1 minute ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

I might be old fashioned, but I don’t want a Country/State that kills and dismembers the body of a journalist any where near my club. 

Percy would shit it even more

• Haha 1

Guest bennytwohats
11 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

I might be old fashioned, but I don’t want a Country/State that kills and dismembers the body of a journalist any where near my club. 

Snowflake

Edit: given I’ve got a like and not a laugh from someone who has posted racist shite on here before, let me just be completely clear that this was a joke :dunno:

Edited by bennytwohats

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

You can have disinterested or miserly owners provided they get the football appointments right, look at Cov - they're a shit show but with a decent manager and good recruitment they've progressed well. We have an owner with embarrassing footballing knowledge, the financial tap's been turned off and is overly trusting of the idiots at board level. Rudkin marks his own homework by the looks of it.

he does look like the substitute teacher that all the kids throw rubbers and wads of paper at tbf

Guest Mee-9

I've been following the Man Utd takeover a bit over the past few weeks and it's brought up a big debate. 

Morality vs Success.  

We of course would all want Qatari/Saudi ownership if it brought us incredible success. Morality wise we would all put our questions aside to see Leicester win a Champions League for example. Look at Newcastle for example. I don't think 1 Newcastle fan has turned their back and gone to support someone else based on the takeover. 

You could play the morality police all you'd like but we'd still be down the ground and going mad when we scored. (When Neymar crosses for Mbappe and runs over to Filbert Fox Kop end) 

3 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

Id welcome them to the club no with no questions asked if they could buy us a new starting 11 lol

Can't see Top selling, especially leaving us in the sh1t. Surely, we mean more to him and his family than that. I know he has fooked up big time over these last 18 months, but abandoning ship like Madders and co. Can't see it, whether ppl want it or not. 

I echo above comments too about American investment, and their usual pattern of chasing profit for minimum spend. Todd "crazy" Boehly aside... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

I've been following the Man Utd takeover a bit over the past few weeks and it's brought up a big debate. 

Morality vs Success.  

We of course would all want Qatari/Saudi ownership if it brought us incredible success. Morality wise we would all put our questions aside to see Leicester win a Champions League for example. Look at Newcastle for example. I don't think 1 Newcastle fan has turned their back and gone to support someone else based on the takeover. 

You could play the morality police all you'd like but we'd still be down the ground and going mad when we scored. (When Neymar crosses for Mbappe and runs over to Filbert Fox Kop end) 

I can obviously only speak for myself, but I definitely wouldn’t be celebrating if an Oil State (or any state) purchased us. Some things are more important than football. 

Edited by Glorious Leicester Fan
  • Like 4

Guest Mee-9
1 minute ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

I can obviously only speak for myself, but I definitely wouldn’t be celebrating if Oil State (or any state) purchased us. Some things are more important than football. 

Yeah some things are important, but I bet you wouldn't turn your back on the club. 

I can guarantee you'd be buzzing if we picked up the Champions League. Yeah we all disagree with the human rights abuses and so on that happen in these nations, but every football fan wants Qatari/Saudi investment to take their club to the next level. 

Guest bennytwohats
8 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Yeah some things are important, but I bet you wouldn't turn your back on the club. 

I can guarantee you'd be buzzing if we picked up the Champions League. Yeah we all disagree with the human rights abuses and so on that happen in these nations, but every football fan wants Qatari/Saudi investment to take their club to the next level. 

I can honestly say I don’t want Qatari and Saudi investment. I’d rather languish in the football league than that.

43 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

It’s a personal thing. Would you be buzzing if Putin bought the club?

46 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

No, they don't

• Like 1

You can't paint all US owners with the same brush... look at Ryan Reynolds & Rob Mcelhenny at Wrexham!

With Wrexham still needing another 3 promotions to get to the Premier League, if any Hollywood star out there is looking to one-up them, we will be nicely placed - just 1 promotion away... And probably more attractive for a documentary series looking for a promotion story than a treading water in mid-table Premier League story.

Who do you reckon?

1. Jami Gertz - Net Worth: $3 billion
2. Jerry Seinfeld - Net Worth: $950 million
3. Tyler Perry - Net Worth: $800 million
4. Dwayne Johnson - Net Worth: $800 million
5. Tom Cruise - Net Worth: $600 million
6. Shah Rukh Khan - Net Worth: $600 million
7. George Clooney - Net Worth: $500 million
8. Robert De Niro - Net Worth: $500 million
9. Arnold Schwarzenegger - Net Worth: $450 million
10. Adam Sandler - Net Worth: $440 million