Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Away Days -

Generally I have don’t have much enthusiasm for any of them really. Been to all of them - haven’t seen Leicester at Rotherham (current) or Plymouth or the redeveloped Ashton gate. 

On a pure piss up basis.

Outside of London and Bristol, the locations are hardly lovely welcoming destinations. Possibly Norwich and Cardiff at a stretch. And Birmingham I work in. Hudders is good for drinking. Leeds could be there. Hate to be a downer. 

Guest glasgowfox
44 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Sunderland’s a good away. Ipswich used to be good back in the day. It’ll always be synonymous with the Hari Krishna riot in 1991 - what a day that was 

It was funny as f.ck when they all came in from the stand opposite pmsl.

Peterborough used to be good, especially that game in the championship over 4K on that terrace absolute mayhem, like something out the 80s, but since they have replaced it with seats I doubt we will get more then 2K which will be more like a bingo hall then a football game! Birmingham, West Brom and maybe Coventry should be good but saying that Coventry away has potential but ends up flat 

• Like 1

Need to chalk off Boro and Bristol City.

Past that for personal reasons only, Norwich, Ipswich and Plymouth after that, I'll go because it's what we do, but I'm not sure looking forward to is actually the right wording lol

Guest Mee-9
1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Coventry, bring it on. Will be first time we go there they dont have a pathetic crowd

Remember a few seasons ago we got them on the first game of the season? 12:15 kick off. Swear we won 1-0? 

2 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

Peterborough away that year we won 2-1 there. All standing. Carnage. 

The noise constantly for 90 minutes was deafening. 

This! What an atmosphere. I’ll never forget rows and rows of fans just pissing wherever they pleased because ‘The Posh’ had only laid on enough toilets for about 3 fans 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patrick said:

If we get Plymouth when the weather is nice that would be a lovely one. Knowing our luck though we'll probably get them on a freezing cold Tuesday night in December.

As l live 3 miles from Home Park a midweek depth of winter game suits me cos sunny weekends I'll be surfing anyway!...there's a wetherspoons very near too!

6 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

QPR for me. Got a soft spot as it was my first away ground, London pubs and you're on top of the pitch even in the top tier.

Yeah, fond memories of Joe Waters..

I stood in a packed away end eating a Chinese curry and rice out of foil containers  🤣...

I strangely seemed to have more space than most 🤔

242.png