Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Away Days -

41 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

This! What an atmosphere. I’ll never forget rows and rows of fans just pissing wherever they pleased because ‘The Posh’ had only laid on enough toilets for about 3 fans 😂

It was cleaner to piss where you stood than go ankle deep nearer the 'toilets' 🤣

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9

Preston's also a banger. 

Shame they got rid of the National Football Museum from Deepdale. 

Great little away day and ground. 

3 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

You’re not missing out with loftus road. Been there 3 times. Absolute dump. 

Can’t agree. Old ground and close to the pitch. I was at the 3-3 pre season game in 2021 and it was a good atmosphere for an August friendly.

I fancy Plymouth, been there twice and lost both times, hope for better next season. 

• Like 1

Loads in the Championship are among my favourite away days.

WBA, Sunderland, Blackburn, Norwich, Huddersfield, QPR.

Coventry will be a laugh if they stay down.

Hopefully Barnsley come up.

I'm excited for lots of places we haven't been in years. Ipswich, Birmingham, Rotherham (I have never done Rotherham's new ground), Plymouth.

Edited by Fox92

57 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Some decent trips but those away ticket prices are going to sting. Most will be north of £40 I would have thought.

Found the below which lists the prices charged to away fans from the first two games of last season, so perhaps not as bad as feared, although we'll be a cat A fixture for everyone so may end up getting stung more often than not.

Would be nice to see the club get some reciprocal ticketing arrangements in place but I think that's a pipe dream knowing our ticketing operation!

image.thumb.png.c3ddb2a118706c9ac6b371b61309acc3.png

25 minutes ago, Nugent said:

Found the below which lists the prices charged to away fans from the first two games of last season, so perhaps not as bad as feared, although we'll be a cat A fixture for everyone so may end up getting stung more often than not.

Would be nice to see the club get some reciprocal ticketing arrangements in place but I think that's a pipe dream knowing our ticketing operation!

image.thumb.png.c3ddb2a118706c9ac6b371b61309acc3.png

Fingers crossed we see similar as that is on average less than what we pay now.

City fans will be surprised how well Ashton Gate has been redeveloped since their last visit. The away end is now the Atyeo Stand. I can remember standing in the old south stand singing "2 nil in your garden shed" with a couple of thousand City fans after Matty Fryatt's goal in Holloway's first game as City manager and then wildly celebrating a Chris Wood first half hat trick in a 4-0 win some time later in the same stand. The new stand which has replaced it houses the home fans now and links really well with the new main Lansdown stand which is a very impressive structure and is very dominant and similar to the Carling Stand at the old Filbert Street. When City won the Premier League in 2016, Bristol City lit up their large wrap around advertising sign in blue congratulating us on our achievement. I used to live and work down there and it made me feel very proud. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I've seen a few comments now about Peterborough not being the same since the terrace went but it was class in the FA cup a few years back. Apart from less numbers it was actually an improvement imo. 

Anythings an upgrade on nearly being crushed to death. Still think nowhere near enough was said about that game there we had. It was so close to something horrific. I was genuinely struggling to breathe at some points. 

I'd happily take a seat next time. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Anythings an upgrade on nearly being crushed to death. Still think nowhere near enough was said about that game there we had. It was so close to something horrific. I was genuinely struggling to breathe at some points. 

I'd happily take a seat next time. 

You on about the year the guy over the tannoy asked everyone to move forward? I couldn't believe what I was hearing. 

2 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

You on about the year the guy over the tannoy asked everyone to move forward? I couldn't believe what I was hearing. 

Was 2-1 to Peterborough. We took the lead I think. I don't remember the tannoy but first time I'd be genuinely worried about safety at a match. 

Not sure if they'd sold too many tickets or what, but something wasn't right. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Was 2-1 to Peterborough. We took the lead I think. I don't remember the tannoy but first time I'd be genuinely worried about safety at a match. 

Not sure if they'd sold too many tickets or what, but something wasn't right. 

Had to have been oversold, it was legitimately asking for trouble packing that many in there

Did anyway go to Peterborough in the 90s. We took 1000s. Few streakers, little fire in the terrace behind the goal and a big defeat. ( 3 nil?)

Carnage

Edited by adam
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I've seen a few comments now about Peterborough not being the same since the terrace went but it was class in the FA cup a few years back. Apart from less numbers it was actually an improvement imo. 

Concourse was quite big if I remember.

Just now, Rain King said:

My first ever away game 😄

I can't really remember much of it as I was only young. Just remember how wild it was. Think I spent most the afternoon worried sick. Especially when someone set fire to a load of newspaper 😆

1 minute ago, adam said:

I can't really remember much of it as I was only young. Just remember how wild it was. Think I spent most the afternoon worried sick. Especially when someone set fire to a load of newspaper 😆

Yeah I was only 7. Don't remember the fires really but the streakers I do! 

Terrible game too!