Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grebfromgrebland

Leicester City £100m action plan revealed in worst-case scenario

27 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Really interesting article and I think we have an extremely strong case just for this season alone - even though it was for the 3 year period between 2019-2022 the failure to charge until March 2023 and the length of time it's taking puts us in a decent position.

This bit is quite illuminating on what we could claim:

But Leeds, for example, could argue that they took only one point rather than six from their games against Everton; had they got all six, they would have been in a better position to survive.

We only took 4 points off Everton this season and they stayed up at our expense by 2 points (we had a superior GD). All 6 would have been enough for 16th.

We only took 1 point off Everton in 2021/22 and missed out on Europa Conference League by 4 points. All 6 would have been enough for 7th.

We only took 1 point off Everton in 2020/21 and missed out on the Champions League by 1 point. All 6 would have been enough for 3rd.

We only took 3 points off Everton in 2019/20 and missed out on the Champions League by 4 points.

As the Guardian points out, it would have put us in a better position to earn that extra point needed and those seasons might not have finished the way they did.

The article also reckons that relegation to the Championship is estimated to cost clubs at least £100m.

Add to that the following:

Making the Conference League group stages: £2.5m, plus £425k per win, £140k per draw. 

£516k for R16, £860K for QF, £1.7M for SF, £2.58 million for finalists, £4.3 million for the winners.

Making the Champions League group stages: £13.5m, plus £2.4m per win, £800k per draw.

£8.2m for R16, £9.1m for QF, £10.1m for SF, £13.3m finalists + £3.8m for the winners.

That also doesn't include TV money and extra exposures to sponsors for which new deals would have been done.

We could argue that because of our previous strong performances in both competitions we could have done very well and earned a lot of money in those three seasons.

We should also argue that we've lost a lot of players already, will have to take much less money for our players than we would have done and we're also having to rebuild the squad at huge costs.

We could also argue that our relegation has put our stadium expansion on hold at great cost to the club - why should Everton get to cheat the rules while they're building their new stadium and then cost others out of their own future stadium upgrades?

Use the Tevez case as precedent, Sheffield United won £20m but that was 15 years ago and the amount of money in the game is exponentially higher.

We SHOULD get £300m minimum.

At the very, very least we should sue them for £500m based in lost earnings and lost potential and see what we get.

I hope the club are taking this seriously. They should kick up the biggest ****ing fuss over it, so that it sets our own precedent when it comes to Man City's charges being settled. Time we started standing up for ourselves.

whilst I think we will probably sue them and get a few million from them, I think it will be of no good in our plight of being in the championship. 

i do however see it as a bit of a false narrative saying we could have gotten more points over the last few seasons as 17 other clubs could also have gotten more points against them and I don’t see that as something that could have dramatically effected us. I Think the only season we would have a real case for loss of position is the one just gone where the direct league placing between both clubs was too close to factor in other club positions. 2 points and 1 league position can cancel out several other possible variables, I think.

however, none of any of that can negate the fact we have been absolutely atrocious this season just gone and it definitely feels like we got what we deserved.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2

...you would expect that there will be sanctions applied to Everton, where a points deduction will be applied for this coming season!!!

So a 25 point deduction will disadvantage the club but have no effect on the previous season's relegated clubs.

You could argue that due to Everton's action, irrespective of the failings at other clubs, a team was always going to be in those last positions,  the reasoning being that they adhered to the rules, and not due to individual mismanagement.

Because of Everrton's final league position, the probabilities are they themselves were very much a candidate for relegation, and remained in the league due to their illegal actions.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

5 hours ago, MPH said:

whilst I think we will probably sue them and get a few million from them, I think it will be of no good in our plight of being in the championship. 

i do however see it as a bit of a false narrative saying we could have gotten more points over the last few seasons as 17 other clubs could also have gotten more points against them and I don’t see that as something that could have dramatically effected us. I Think the only season we would have a real case for loss of position is the one just gone where the direct league placing between both clubs was too close to factor in other club positions. 2 points and 1 league position can cancel out several other possible variables, I think.

however, none of any of that can negate the fact we have been absolutely atrocious this season just gone and it definitely feels like we got what we deserved.

True, but when you factor in Everton were just as bad, but didn't play fair on top of that, it starts to change the picture a bit.

A season finishing 16-17th for a club of our recent history would be bad enough, relegation is an extra gut punch.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, shen said:

What's the point of having the rules in the first place then?

I think cases of ifs and buts are horrible too, but if you breach the rules there should be appropriate punishment. 

I don’t disagree - in which case they should be punished by the Prem. Absolutely reamed, a £billion fine and docked 50 points should do. Them and Man City. They cheated, they should be punished, I never said they shouldn’t. 

Us suing Everton is like those cvnts who take McDonalds to court because eating burgers made them fat. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, lcfceed said:

I'm lead to believe this hasn't got legs, but if it did, and if Top suspects so, could be why he's hesatant regards signing a manager. if Everton were to say, lose their league status, then we get Potter?

lol

Nice of you but as if Top has this sort of foresight. He’s probably still trying to work out when he can have his bouncy castle party with Tielemans and that’s about it. 

The premier league is a joke,  They don't enforce their rules in a meaningful way (i.e. points deductions).  Rich clubs can easily pay off  fines.  Independent tribunes are just a delaying tactic.  Some clubs are now owned in reality by states.  Clubs that flout the rules get away with it.

• Like 1

I want us to be remembered as the side that won the title against all the odds in the greatest sporting story in this country for a long long time rather than than the club that was re-admitted to a league in which it fully deserved to be relegated, because of a technical breach of financial regulations by another club.

• Like 1

If they were punished by the PL any points deduction relegating them this season should allow the losing Play-off finalists to be promoted. Yeah and I know it's Cov.

Remember we got off lightly by the FL when we did some dodgy financing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

If they were punished by the PL any points deduction relegating them this season should allow the losing Play-off finalists to be promoted. Yeah and I know it's Cov.

Remember we got off lightly by the FL when we did some dodgy financing.

How were Coventry (not in premier league) affected by Everton's breach of premier league rules?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

We weren’t relegated because of anything Everton did. We went down because of the choices the board, Rodgers and the players made. 

I hate cases like this. Loathe them. I hope the judge laughs in the faces of the club’s briefs and tells them to fvck off. 

Regardless of the other teams deserving relegation Everton deserve to be punished otherwise it just gives any club a golden ticket to break the rules to avoid relegation.

Having said that Maddison would probably have missed that penalty if they’d had Danny Ward between the sticks doesn’t matter that it was ffp breached Pickford.

Edited by jonathan_ross
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, okie fox said:

How were Coventry (not in premier league) affected by Everton's breach of premier league rules?

An extra team gets relegated and extra team gets promoted, as in 4 down 4 up.

31 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Everton spent  money on players that kept them up. They broke FFP rules and should be punished for the period when that happened. That means last season and we should be reinstated to the Premier league regardless of whether we were crap.

Nah, we were shit and deserved to go down, let Coventry go up and have a go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

We weren’t relegated because of anything Everton did. We went down because of the choices the board, Rodgers and the players made. 

I hate cases like this. Loathe them. I hope the judge laughs in the faces of the club’s briefs and tells them to fvck off. 

Come now, no one's arguing we weren't shit. They're arguing we were shit and we should rinse Everton for all we can get. 

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

And that's the attitude I loathe.

It was somewhat tongue-in-cheek.

On the other hand, us being shit and them breaking the rules doesn't mean them breaking the rules should be forgiven and forgotten and go unpunished.

• Like 1

Whatever the case, whether you think we should do this, shouldn't do this, lose or succeed, and as mentioned when this was first mooted.

Make no mistake that Everton will appeal to every court in the land if they're ordered to pay any sort of compensation. It'll drag on for years and years and the only winners will be the lawyers.

10 minutes ago, Daggers said:

And that's the attitude I loathe.

The fact is though they cheated and we didn’t - it’s like someone doping at the Olympics.

This one gets me because we were so vocal about not being able to bring in players as we tried to comply with FFP, whilst they just said feck it, those rules don’t apply to us.

We were shocking, no one is arguing that, but they were also shocking and finished 2 points above us, after cheating - they should be disqualified from the competition like any other cheating athlete would be.

• Like 2

Christ.

Everton should be punished and rightfully so.

We don't deserve anything though. We were gash and got what we deserved. People making out that Everton signed Mbappe, Rodri and Bellingham with cheat money and that's what cost us.

Nah, us being absolutely gash is what cost us. As Daggers says, it's akin to people suing fast food chains because they shoved so many burgers into their gobs.

It wasn't a remotely difficult target to hit. I'd rather sue Rodgers for gross negligence than Everton.

• Like 3