Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grebfromgrebland

Leicester City £100m action plan revealed in worst-case scenario

Whats needed to put an end to this type of behavour is for a Fans group to sue the offending Club.

That would leave the FA, Premier League etc in a possition where they have extreme diffuculty negotiating a way around it.

It would bring the whole Scandal much more out into the open.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Whats needed to put an end to this type of behavour is for a Fans group to sue the offending Club.

That would leave the FA, Premier League etc in a possition where they have extreme diffuculty negotiating a way around it.

On what legal footing would that be bought against though?

25 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

On what legal footing would that be bought against though?

You include them all in the law suit and let them wriggle out of it if they can.

Ultimitely i's probaly the guilty Club, But the FA and Prem league have failed also in their responsibilty to all clubs but also the Fans who make the game what it is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

No fans group would have the level of finances required to employ a top legal team to compete with the legal team of those being sued could afford (and that makes the large assumption that a top legal team was convinced there were sound grounds and a significant chance of winning a case)

16 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I'd doubt they'd raise anywhere near enough to finance it unfortunately. 

21 hours ago, filbertway said:

Not sure what value there is in sueing a club with no money

Yep. All their money tied up in loans alongside the image of putting a historic club out of business. 

Understand people’s views but don’t want my club showing another side of the modern day football ick. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

You include them all in the law suit and let them wriggle out of it if they can.

Ultimitely i's probaly the guilty Club, But the FA and Prem league have failed also in their responsibilty to all clubs but also the Fans who make the game what it is.

but what is the lawsuit for? Why would you be suing the club? 

for spending their own money irresponsibly?

15 hours ago, MPH said:

but what is the lawsuit for? Why would you be suing the club? 

for spending their own money irresponsibly?

Because Everton finished only 2 pts above us. They hugely overspent and it is reasonable to assume that with a weaker squad they would probably have done worse. The chances are that their cheating cost us many millions.

• Like 1

On 26/10/2023 at 23:44, Foxes_Trust said:

No fans group would have the level of finances required to employ a top legal team to compete with the legal team of those being sued could afford (and that makes the large assumption that a top legal team was convinced there were sound grounds and a significant chance of winning a case)

The money is out there, what isn’t out there is public understanding of the situation, mainly because the big clubs have such strength in numbers of plastic fans who don’t live anywhere near the club they’ve chosen and will defend their club’s cheating to the hilt because they have no understanding of their club’s wrongdoing, neither do they have any interest in changing a status quo that directly benefits their club. It was amusing to see their protests against the ESL but they’re happy with status quo which is just as corrupt.

The way I see it, and I’m sorry to keep going on about it to you, but what fan groups like Foxes Trust should be doing is campaigning and raising awareness on the corruption in the league with the end goal being to remove the 3pm blackout and getting a fair and full deal for fans that doesn’t automatically benefit the “big” clubs. Start campaigning and informing fans that they’re paying 3X the price for Premier League football on TV than their global counterparts FOR HALF THE PRODUCT. Every single fan needs to know and understand that the only place in the world they have no legal right or means to watch every single English Premier League match is… England.

You don’t even have to tell everyone what the endgame is. Just raise awareness and get people angry about the status quo and let it snowball.

This is SO important for the sport we all love. It has quite literally been stolen by the wealthy and turned into a closed shop with fixed results. There’s a reason our title win shocked them so much, enough to manipulate the rules to punish us - it’s still impossible

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MPH said:

and what about our own shenanigans  previously?  We crated fake companies that paid us millions in extra sponsorship money

We were fully investigated by the EFL for 4 years and they have publicly vindicated us. Unequivocally. We didn’t do anything wrong.

It should also be noted the *dozens* of clubs that have fallen foul of the EFL’s rules - for me, if that many clubs are finding themselves in in trouble with the authorities then there are clearly issues with the way the authorities are running the league. Just look at the difference in incomes between the Premier League and the EFL. The disparity, and the EFL’s rules, are designed to keep clubs like us down in the dirt while the big clubs cheat the league to their own benefit. 

2 hours ago, MPH said:

the real crime is how badly we played last season. We deserved To go down.

We were shocking, yes, but there are reasons for that and you can take your pick from the denial of fair earnings after winning the league, the restriction on our ability to compete at the top, Man City’s Champions League ban being wrongly overturned and denying us a Champions League spot 2 seasons in a row, and Everton’s financial cheating over the last half a decade which kept them up at our expense last season. When the latter two are found guilty of cheating, we will be fully vindicated yet again.

That, and we were shit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MPH said:

and what about our own shenanigans  previously?  We crated fake companies that paid us millions in extra sponsorship money

the real crime is how badly we played last season. We deserved To go down.

We were dogshit but I'm not sure how that justifies Everton cheating while we couldn't recruit playing within the rules

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

We were fully investigated by the EFL for 4 years and they have publicly vindicated us. Unequivocally. We didn’t do anything wrong.

It should also be noted the *dozens* of clubs that have fallen foul of the EFL’s rules - for me, if that many clubs are finding themselves in in trouble with the authorities then there are clearly issues with the way the authorities are running the league. Just look at the difference in incomes between the Premier League and the EFL. The disparity, and the EFL’s rules, are designed to keep clubs like us down in the dirt while the big clubs cheat the league to their own benefit. 

We were shocking, yes, but there are reasons for that and you can take your pick from the denial of fair earnings after winning the league, the restriction on our ability to compete at the top, Man City’s Champions League ban being wrongly overturned and denying us a Champions League spot 2 seasons in a row, and Everton’s financial cheating over the last half a decade which kept them up at our expense last season. When the latter two are found guilty of cheating, we will be fully vindicated yet again.

That, and we were shit.

I just don’t buy the blame game. We and we alone  are responsible for going down. We weren’t just bad we were truly awful and probably played the worst I have seen Leicester play in many  many years.  

we absolutely got what we deserved.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

I just don’t buy the blame game. We and we alone  are responsible for going down. We weren’t just bad we were truly awful and probably played the worst I have seen Leicester play in many  many years.  

you are right to look at yourselves in these situations, but being non-partisan you can’t argue that perhaps they deserved it more? and the only thing that saved them was cheating by overspending. They should have been down years ago but have been allowed to continuously flout the rules hoping something positve sticks for them. 

If you were in a contest where you have to build a wooden house and you’re shite at building houses and come last. would you be fine if the other really shite person, was cheating and going well over budget and just finishing a tad less shite than you?

Nope you’d be pointing out that he paid for fancy paint and chandeliers…. even if they were still crap. 

Edited by Lambert09

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

you are right to look at yourselves in these situations, but being non-partisan you can’t argue that perhaps they deserved it more? and the only thing that saved them was cheating by overspending. They should have been down years ago but have been allowed to continuously flout the rules hoping something positve sticks for them. 

I DO understand what you are saying but to do anything other than take it on the chin is only going to cover up the cracks of the mistakes made and I think we have taken huge steps in a much needed revamp..

7 hours ago, MPH said:

If we hadn’t been denied our fair earnings and had our spending restricted for a decade, been denied fair entry to a lucrative competition twice because cheats were let off by a panel they were allowed to appoint 2/3rds of, or been relegated at the expense of a club that broke the same rules we adhered to - I would agree.

Because you are right - we were absolutely shit last season. But you have to be 100% honest with yourself - we were never competing in a fair competition for the last decade. Not once. We were cheated. And I for one am ****ing sick of it. Which is why it’s so massive to see us continue with threats of legal action against Everton when they’re found guilty. We’ve all seen our club stand up for itself on the pitch but now we’re finally seeing us stand up for ourselves off the pitch too. I’m sick of being cheated. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, foxpleasure said:

Because Everton finished only 2 pts above us. They hugely overspent and it is reasonable to assume that with a weaker squad they would probably have done worse. The chances are that their cheating cost us many millions.

But MPH asked what ‘you’ would be suing them for…. they’ve not cost you a penny. If anything, there could be an argument that they’ve saved you money as potentially you’re paying less for for things at the club than you would if we were in the prem (I know that’s not really the case but you get the point) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

But MPH asked what ‘you’ would be suing them for…. they’ve not cost you a penny. If anything, there could be an argument that they’ve saved you money as potentially you’re paying less for for things at the club than you would if we were in the prem (I know that’s not really the case but you get the point) 

Ahh.... didn't read the 'you' like that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

It's a bad look being involved in this.

I agree that is looks terrible for us to be involved but Everton need to be punished massively (multiple tens of millions) so I would rather that money went further down the pyramid.  

In the medium term at least it has done us a favour, accelerated the clear out and enabled a new coach with new players to develop a system without the pressure of another relegation battle.

Personally I am much more angry about the way Man City were allowed to game the system.  Two years of CL money when we were strapped for cash could have made a huge difference although Rodgers would probably have just spaffed it on shit.

One thought just occurred to me.  Newly promoted teams almost always struggle so what about giving them a decent sized pot of cash, say 20/30 million to give them a fighting chance?  It would probably need tweaking so it only went to clubs who didn’t get parachute payments that year.