Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grebfromgrebland

Leicester City £100m action plan revealed in worst-case scenario

4 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Tin foil hat on  - The three-man FA appeal panel that ruled going into a room and punching someone twice should only have been dealt with by a two week fine included a former Wimbledon player (Robbie Earle, though admittedly I think Wise left a few months before Earle joined) and an ex Forest manager and future chairman (Frank Clark).

I don’t blame other supporters for forgetting the ITV Digital collapse and how having just dropped from the Prem, we were in the worst possible place to suffer from that. Any team will struggle if they suddenly have no money from TV.

It was that we ' punished him twice' for the same offense. We should have either fined  him, OR sacked him. we were not supposed to do both.  Apparently under British employment law at thw time, we were not allowed to punish someone twice for the same offense.

Edited by MPH

12 minutes ago, MPH said:

It was that we ' punished him twice' for the same offense. We should have either fined  him, OR sacked him. we were not supposed to do both.  Apparently under British employment law at thw time, we were not allowed to punish someone twice for the same offense.

Yeah this is what Alan Rogers mentioned

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Is it at this point I mention the charges related to 2021-22 and last season they complied ? 

The charges related to a 3 year period ending 21/22.

And Everton's compliance last year is hardly fatal to any claim we may have, given their recruitment in the period through to 21/22 would quite clearly have had an impact on their performance last season.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Is it at this point I mention the charges related to 2021-22 and last season they complied ? 

They will still have benefited last season from the previous 3 seasons of ‘cheating’, I.e purchasing the players that were playing for them last season etc.

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Sheffield United settled for 20m when they were relegated and West Ham survived, despite the dodgy signings of Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/mar/16/sheffield-united-west-ham-carlos-tevez

15 years ago too, not sure how that translates to today's money but I imagine we'd be after more. As would probably Leeds and Burnley, too. 

Hopefully this is the start of some real consequences for Everton. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

They will still have benefited last season from the previous 3 seasons of ‘cheating’, I.e purchasing the players that were playing for them last season etc.

True and agreed - it’s just how a court potentially quantifies that to performance. Do you start to look at the players within that period and how many times they played within a season they complied etc? 

When Sheff U went for West Ham, they could pinpoint Tevez’s goals as a difference and that still got settled out of court. 

8 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Don’t bother … we’re £100m out of pocket and years back from where we were, stadium expansion put on hold, largely in part because another club ‘cheated’ and you think don’t bother… Geeeeez!!

Hammer them for every penny we can get, they deserve it and we deserve compensation for it. We could have done the same last season and just ignored FFP, bought players in and stayed up, but we acknowledged the rules and subsequently paid the penalty. Morally, we absolutely should pursue them for compensation!

That isnt the reason we went down though.

We went down because the clubs management were shit. Nothing else. 

We shouldnt have even been anywehere near the bottom 3. Its like Ambulance chasing. Everton are an absolute crock of a club anyway.

The best thing for us to do is quetly go about our bsuiness, not making enemies. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

15 years ago too, not sure how that translates to today's money but I imagine we'd be after more. As would probably Leeds and Burnley, too. 

Hopefully this is the start of some real consequences for Everton. 

It seems inevitable to me we will compensated to some degree by this news. It's reported the difference between survival and relegation is as much as 100M! Might not get that amount but seems likely to be hefty. 

What will happen to Man City?! Any punishment with them would affect all clubs, but there's a very strong argument for us given missed Champions League revenues.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

True and agreed - it’s just how a court potentially quantifies that to performance. Do you start to look at the players within that period and how many times they played within a season they complied etc? 

When Sheff U went for West Ham, they could pinpoint Tevez’s goals as a difference and that still got settled out of court. 

Will be interesting to know/see how it is quantified, but the simple fact is, any player procured in those periods whilst FFP wasn’t been complied with, and who contributed to last season, has impacted the outcome of last seasons positions.

”contributed” could be subjective, but if they’ve played a single minute, then they’ve contributed to it, whether or not if they’ve scored a goal, assisted, kept a clean sheet, impacted a game (which they all will have to varying degrees over the 38 games).

If anyone has a Legal background, it would be intriguing to know under law, how this might be considered.

12 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

That isnt the reason we went down though.

We went down because the clubs management were shit. Nothing else. 

We shouldnt have even been anywehere near the bottom 3. Its like Ambulance chasing. Everton are an absolute crock of a club anyway.

The best thing for us to do is quetly go about our bsuiness, not making enemies. 

My God, if your best mate ploughed through your partner, you’d cook them a full English for breakfast the next morning wouldn’t you! Unbelievable!

• Thanks 1

Just now, MalletFox said:

Will be interesting to know/see how it is quantified, but the simple fact is, any player procured in those periods whilst FFP wasn’t been complied with, and who contributed to last season, has impacted the outcome of last seasons positions.

”contributed” could be subjective, but if they’ve played a single minute, then they’ve contributed to it, whether or not if they’ve scored a goal, assisted, kept a clean sheet, impacted a game (which they all will have to varying degrees over the 38 games).

If anyone has a Legal background, it would be intriguing to know under law, how this might be considered.

Interesting how of the pieces of evidence in the PL's case has been Everton's poor accounting surrounding 'Player X'. A player signed in the period who was later arrested and subsequently left the club. 

• Like 1

I don’t think we win this. We signed up and agreed that any punishments for falling foul will come from the premier league. The premier league are now punishing them.

How is there then a legal option to pursue separate compensation, especially when the club has taken a punishment from the league. 

Can someone also explain to me how anyone other than burnley and ourselves have a valid claim here?

nothing effected leeds or southampton  

Edited by Lambert09