Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grebfromgrebland

Leicester City £100m action plan revealed in worst-case scenario

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Also just to clarify, it’s not a “defence” to say that Everton could have been in a worse state as a result of the amount of money they spent, the league table proves they declined. But thats not proof in itself. 

The positive claim is being made by people who say we went down because they cheated, the burden of proof is on you to prove that, which is not really possible. 

You’re certainly right saying it’s not a “defence”, that argument is laughable! Apply the same defence to Man City’s charges …. If we hadn’t spent £1bn on players, we might have won more Champs League cos we wudda had a more cohesive squad and team ethic. Think they would strap you up and take you straight to the psychiatric ward tbh! 🙈🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

You’re certainly right saying it’s not a “defence”, that argument is laughable! Apply the same defence to Man City’s charges …. If we hadn’t spent £1bn on players, we might have won more Champs League cos we wudda had a more cohesive squad and team ethic. Think they would strap you up and take you straight to the psychiatric ward tbh! 🙈🤣🤣🤣

It was not meant to be a defence. It's simply pointing out that the burden of proof is on those making a positive claim. 

16 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

It’s not really evidence that we would have stayed up though. How do we know that their spending didn’t negatively affect their end position in the table? 
you could easily argue that if they had not scattergunned so much money they may have had a more cohesive team. 
Or for example you could ask whether people think that last seasons LCFC team would have gone down under a different manager? If we had appointed Smith earlier we would have stayed up based on Points per game. Plenty of other managers could have kept us up.  

"Yes yer honour, I admit I beat the man to a bloody pulp outside the nightclub but after the plastic surgery he was better looking than before, so actually I did him a favour...besides I broke my hand on his face and couldn't work for six months!

The alleged positive effects (for the victims) of breaking rules (or laws) has absolutely no bearing on the penalties imposed!

Likewise any implied or real negative effects for the lawbreaker or cheat (in this case) are utterly irrelevant.

A club like Everton may well go bankrupt but will not cease to exist, another moral free middle east butcher or american "rich but stupid" owner will buy them because of their name and history.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

if we are successful suing everton here, does that not mean that Derby could sue us for finishing 3rd the season we broke ffp rules? 

😵

Unlikely. While the Sheffield warehouses were dodgy af, we were cleared of knowingly having breached the rules. Paid a fine as a result of having breached them due to a "misinterpretation" and the EFL tightened the rules up. Different kettle of fish to Everton now

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

if we are successful suing everton here, does that not mean that Derby could sue us for finishing 3rd the season we broke ffp rules? 

😵

32 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Unlikely. While the Sheffield warehouses were dodgy af, we were cleared of knowingly having breached the rules. Paid a fine as a result of having breached them due to a "misinterpretation" and the EFL tightened the rules up. Different kettle of fish to Everton now

This is on the other thread as well... 

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/37546227/leicester-city-efl-agree-ffp-settlement-2013-14-breach

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Absolutely wild that we've lost out on CL twice, Europa Conference the year after and then nose dived to relegation on the back of these two. Nobody can tell me we aren't the footballing Truman Show.

There's Leicester fans that would genuinely rather see us not fight back for some sort of compensation as well you know.

• Like 2

Honestly if football is about being sustainable then how are these clubs getting away with it? The chain of events has almost certainly led us to relegation. Yes we can say we haven’t made the right decisions but not equal to the shit show that is FFP. We’ve been cash strapped for the last two seasons in the prem when if we had actually been in the champions league could’ve meant we’d actually had some money to spend.

i’m not sure if we can sue either Everton or Man City but both should be relegated, Man City I’d argue need to be sent to league two to set a precedent. Part of me wonders if the prem is worried about the Saudi league and that’s why they haven’t harshly punished Man City 

• Like 1

I'm ambivalent to pursuing compensation, I'd rather there was the robust punishment set by the PL but also rules on sustainability that didn't benefit only the big 6.

I know any compensation, if we were successful comes after the horse has bolted but I'm so eager that the club places its energies in accepting we made massive mistakes and come out the other side trying to be better than blaming everyone else and in the long run staying with exactly the same mindset that cost us.

Very well observed Ric 

• Like 1

I'm ambivalent to pursuing compensation, I'd rather there was the robust punishment set by the PL but also rules on sustainability that didn't benefit only the big 6.

I know any compensation, if we were successful comes after the horse has bolted but I'm so eager that the club places its energies in accepting we made massive mistakes and come out the other side trying to be better than blaming everyone else and in the long run staying with exactly the same mindset that cost us.

I think it's entirely reasonable to acknowledge self incompetence but seek fair compensation.

• Like 1

This whole saga is just more fuel for the idea that an independent regulator is needed.

It's a massive conflict of interest for everyone involved. Other clubs want Man City harshly punished because they're direct rivals. But certain clubs will not want them punished if they've got similar skeletons in their closets.

Likewise, the PL themselves (what even is the PL, if not the 20 member clubs?) want to be seen to punish wrongdoing but also don't want to kill a golden goose, especially in the context of the threat of European Super League and Saudi League

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Like 1