Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grebfromgrebland

Leicester City £100m action plan revealed in worst-case scenario

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

This whole saga is just more fuel for the idea that an independent regulator is needed.

It's a massive conflict of interest for everyone involved. Other clubs want Man City harshly punished because they're direct rivals. But certain clubs will not want them punished if they've got similar skeletons in their closets.

Likewise, the PL themselves (what even is the PL, if not the 20 member clubs?) want to be seen to punish wrongdoing but also don't want to kill a golden goose, especially in the context of the threat of European Super League and Saudi League

There is absolutely going to have to be a complete restructure of the footballing pyramid soon. This cannot be allowed to continue as it is.

So many basic things need to change, starting with the UK broadcast deal that is the very basis of the corruption in the league. The Saturday 3pm blackout is not only antiquated but literally feeds the inequality and downright corruption in the game. It has to go, and it has to be replaced with a fair, modern system whereby every single match is freely available at a fair price and every club gets a fair cut, and every fan gets fair access to each game in the same way absolutely everyone else on the planet does.

Something barely covered by anyone regarding Newcastle:

There needs to be an urgent investigation by the Premier League and FIFA over every transfer from the Premier League "big" clubs to the Saudi Pro League - over the value of said transfers and/or the salaries involved.

Mahrez

Eduoard Mendy

Saint-Maximin

Firminho

Fabinho

Kante

Laporte

Telles

Koulibaly

Henderson

- All from top 6 clubs

Neves

Mitrovic

Gray

- from Wolves, Fulham and Everton

Neves in particular has been linked recently with a move to Newcastle either on loan or at a knocked-down price.

The "Public Investment Fund", who own Newcastle United, took out 75% stakes in Al-Ahli, Al-Ittihad, Al-Hilal, and Al-Nassr, who took the bulk of those players.

Currently PL clubs have to vote 14 out of 20 in favour of something for it to be passed. That's there to mitigate the "big six" making decisions only in their favour.

Chelsea and Man City bought their way in to the "top" clubs, and Newcastle will be doing the same. Their "ascension" gives the richest clubs, plus Tottenham, complete control over the Premier League rule making.

This is corruption in our game, pure and simply and pretty much in your ****ing face. 

The Athletic today have published our own government's complicity in the PIF takeover:

https://theathletic.com/5077168/2023/11/21/newcastle-saudi-takeover-emails/

@Foxes_Trust THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO BE TALKING ABOUT. WRITE TO OUR MPS, WRITE TO LABOUR'S SHADOW SPORT MINISTER. PLANS MUST BE IN PLACE WHEN THEY BECOME GOVERNMENT.

Edited by urban.spaceman
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

There is absolutely going to have to be a complete restructure of the footballing pyramid soon. This cannot be allowed to continue as it is.

So many basic things need to change, starting with the UK broadcast deal that is the very basis of the corruption in the league. The Saturday 3pm blackout is not only antiquated but literally feeds the inequality and downright corruption in the game. It has to go, and it has to be replaced with a fair, modern system whereby every single match is freely available at a fair price and every club gets a fair cut, and every fan gets fair access to each game in the same way absolutely everyone else on the planet does.

What’s your thoughts on the potential affects of the Saturday 3pm blackout being removed on the divisions from League 1 onwards 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

For those wondering why I think the points deduction is a joke, ask yourself this.

Do you think Everton's overspend has given them more than 2 wins?

Do you think they would have spent that money if they thought they didn't need to?

4 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Do you think they would have spent that money if they thought they didn't need to?

I perhaps should have clarified, I think the punishment is way too lenient, I actually think it should be a forced relegation or at least 30 points deduction.

So yeah of course I think they gained way more than 2 wins from it, and its a bit like where someone like Man City takes a fine, because they see it as just another cost of business.

I am not a huge fan of the current FFP, but rules are rules.

If I remember right in rugby, they actually increased a points deduction when they realised the original one wasnt going to cause a relegation.

It also should have been done prior to the end of last season, they not even imposing it in the correct season.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

For those wondering why I think the points deduction is a joke, ask yourself this.

Do you think Everton's overspend has given them more than 2 wins?

If we were able to sign another player would that have kept us up is the question. 

An actual decent winger - maybe someone better than Tete, if he wasn't the worst brazillian in the world, since I had one from that Thai place on Aylestone Road, we would have stayed up.

Edited by Langley

So what this proves is Cheats prosper excellent rules. I think its reasonable to say that had Everton not cheated we may have fluked staying up. 

I hope they put away their pathetic conspiracy theory banners and red cards, corruptions signs etc. The scousers really are the most insuferable bunch. 

They apparently argued a transfer ban was a fairer punishment and someone on the panel said that they were just looking for the PL to stop them overspending on players.

The deduction should have come last season and if they get another points deduction this season they should be sued by the club's affected.

6 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Can we sue the extra points off them and have them added to our total for this season? 

I would have preferred to have those points added at the end of last season