Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grebfromgrebland

Leicester City £100m action plan revealed in worst-case scenario

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Think they will get another 6 for the 2nd offence.

6 for Forest too.

Unfortunately, I think they will view it as 6 points over 3 seasons, two of which they have been punished for.  Everton will get two more points deducted, 6 for forest.

I cannot tell you how much I want Everton to go down!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KansasFox said:

Unfortunately, I think they will view it as 6 points over 3 seasons, two of which they have been punished for.  Everton will get two more points deducted, 6 for forest.

I cannot tell you how much I want Everton to go down!

I don't think they will do that.

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I don't think they will do that.

Kevin Maguire suggests this is v possible

they are apparently basing the sanctions on efl rules which state no double jeopardy. their current six points are over a three year period so could be viewed as 2 points per season. their new rule break is only for one season so logic says they will get another 2 points. 

whether that means forest can appeal any deduction on the basis that they should only receive a 4 point deduction for this season (they’ve only been PL for two years) remains to be seen 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

they are apparently basing the sanctions on efl rules which state no double jeopardy. their current six points are over a three year period so could be viewed as 2 points per season. their new rule break is only for one season so logic says they will get another 2 points. 

whether that means forest can appeal any deduction on the basis that they should only receive a 4 point deduction for this season (they’ve only been PL for two years) remains to be seen 

So once the baseline has been set at dealt with, every club should just break the rules and start the season assuming -2 points, as no double jeopardy will apply?

Can’t help but feel when the Government said they would step in or appoint an independent regulator and do a review the Premier League had to act fairly rapid and were forced to do something to make it look like they were getting their house in order.

Can’t damage the Premier League “brand” now can they!

Edited by Matt

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Conspiracy alert but they’re only “going soft” on Everton so they can get away as leniently as possible punishment with Man City.

I said they’d never punish Everton (or anyone for that matter) in order to not punish Man City but when the Government said they would step in or appoint an independent regulator and do a review the Premier League were forced to do something to make it look like they were getting their house in order.

Can’t damage the Premier League “brand” now can they!

I wouldn’t argue against your ‘conspiracy ‘ point but Everton will argue that six points for one years discretion isn’t soft 

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

So once the baseline has been set at dealt with, every club should just break the rules and start the season assuming -2 points, as no double jeopardy will apply?

It’s not two points for a discretion.  It’s six but the period judged is a three year rolling period.  So if you transgress then you lose six points.  Everton are being charge a second time but will argue that 2/3 of their punishment has already been applied against the three year rolling period.   So if you break the rules then you could say that this is a license to break them again quickly and you’ll only lose 2 points the second time!   For example, if forest were to lose six points and stay up, then faced with the Johnson scenario this June, they’d likely hang onto the player for the additional 20 million and take a two point sanction next season. 

On 26/02/2024 at 15:17, Langley said:

If we were able to sign another player would that have kept us up is the question. 

An actual decent winger - maybe someone better than Tete, if he wasn't the worst brazillian in the world, since I had one from that Thai place on Aylestone Road, we would have stayed up.

We could argue if we decided to stick 2 fingers up at FFP, Kasper would have got a renewal, Rodgers would have been sacked earlier, we would have kept Lookman at a minimum.  I think we would have stayed up.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, st albans fox said:

In the case there is no point in have a 3 year reporting period as you will alway have years included in more then one period.

Not sure that logic follows, yes it a 3 year rolling period (4 for the one they were punished for due to covid changes)

But the actual rule break is for the accounts submitted for 21/22 as that the accounts which took them over the limit.

They could have done what we did and cut spending and sold to meet the obligation, they knew the the limit they need to stick to.

They could have done the same for the 22/23, but chose not too. 

A 2 points is a waste of time as it then is a reasonable gamble, clubs will overspend with the expection they can make it up due to the quality of the squad.

It just not a deterrent.

10 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Whether that means forest can appeal any deduction on the basis that they should only receive a 4 point deduction for this season (they’ve only been PL for two years) remains to be seen 

The PL FFP calculation includes the season in the Championship so not sure that stands up.

The issue is they create rules with no intention of implementing them, then the independent regulatory body was muted by the government and forced them to act and rules aren't fit for purpose.

It's a mess basically

47 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

We could argue if we decided to stick 2 fingers up at FFP, Kasper would have got a renewal, Rodgers would have been sacked earlier, we would have kept Lookman at a minimum.  I think we would have stayed up.

and been hit with a deadly 6 points deduction the season after:yahoo:

19 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

We’re the greatest claim to being cheated but still have to say it seems entirely the fault of the PL. seems stupid to have rules without any clear punishment and when that’d be implemented, so all clubs know where they stand.

20 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

We’re the greatest claim to being cheated but still have to say it seems entirely the fault of the PL. seems stupid to have rules without any clear punishment and when that’d be implemented, so all clubs know where they stand.

I’m pretty sure that on the grapevine we were reluctant to press ahead because we didn’t want to see Everton go into Administration. 

22 minutes ago, Bert said:

I’m pretty sure that on the grapevine we were reluctant to press ahead because we didn’t want to see Everton go into Administration. 

And why would we care? I don't remember Everton coming to our aid in 2002

Edited by LFox99
  • Like 3

Considering we seem to be sailing very close to the wind on FFP, I am nervous that us pursuing compensation and us fail to get promoted and possibly fail FFP ourselves will be a very awkward and damning position to be in.

Many will argue its a consequence of being effected by Everton's rule breaking but we surely couldn't claim there was nothing we could have done.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Considering we seem to be sailing very close to the wind on FFP, I am nervous that us pursuing compensation and us fail to get promoted and possibly fail FFP ourselves will be a very awkward and damning position to be in.

Many will argue its a consequence of being effected by Everton's rule breaking but we surely couldn't claim there was nothing we could have done.

King Power know what they're doing. I think. 

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

So our 23/24 account would be the lost prize money for finishing 1 or 2nd, which is peanut. 

The impact on the 24/25 accounts would be mitigated by all of the players out of contract and the sale of KDH and year 2 parachute money. 

Not sure it's an issue as long as we meet FFP for the 23/24 period, which the club will have a very good idea whether they will or not.