Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grebfromgrebland

Leicester City £100m action plan revealed in worst-case scenario

9 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Exactly, it’s just wild speculation and is much impossible to prove hypotheticals like that in court. At least 18th place can say “we would’ve finished 17th if Everton had a points deduction, which they legally should have done and that cost us £xyz”

Arguing what would’ve happened if Everton had been relegated 2 seasons ago is impossible to prove and wouldn’t be taken seriously in any legal sense.

Oh yeah look I refer you back to my point, I don't think anything will come of it. I'm just saying it's a travesty and if they got the points deduction they deserved this year I'm pretty confident that would see us safe given Leeds remaining games vs ours. 

So we absolutely should be angry. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

You’d have to prove that Everton’s rule breach led directly to our relegation. Which is basically impossible to do.

You wouldn't have to prove it as it would be a civil case.  

Just demonstrate it made a significant contribution 

Everton have cheated financially and we stuck to the rules. That gives Everton an unfair advantage. Plenty of mileage in that for a court case. 

However, Everton will spend more than us on a better legal team and we will likely lose. 

The fact remains that an unfair advantage gained by breaking the financial rules should be punished. 

The fact also remains that our board and owners should not have been so incompetent to allow us to sink into this position in the first place. 

41 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Everton have cheated financially and we stuck to the rules. That gives Everton an unfair advantage. Plenty of mileage in that for a court case. 

However, Everton will spend more than us on a better legal team and we will likely lose. 

The fact remains that an unfair advantage gained by breaking the financial rules should be punished. 

The fact also remains that our board and owners should not have been so incompetent to allow us to sink into this position in the first place. 

Most of the posters on here would be very, very old or dead before this would ever be settled. The legal firms could end up as rich as Croesus of course. Utterly laughable really.

• Like 2

We're going down because we're shit and deserve it.

We're not going down because of what other clubs have or haven't done.

The pointing finger "But what about them" argument ceases to work when you leave Primary school.

• Like 2

Let's not do a Cardiff City, who are now attempting to counter sue Nantes through a court for £100m over Emiliano Sala's death, over 3 years after that tragedy.

Take it on the chin, 100% Leicester City's fault for this imminent relegation and contractual mess.

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

If this happened in the EFL they'd be getting punished, so odd how much the Premier League let stuff slide.

But we broke the EPL rules when we went up in 2014.  By this logic, we should have been sued by every other Championship team as we finished first.  People in glass houses should not throw stones.

If we sued and won, the precedent is there to be able to go after us for the same rule breakage.

46 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

But we broke the EPL rules when we went up in 2014.  By this logic, we should have been sued by every other Championship team as we finished first.  People in glass houses should not throw stones.

If we sued and won, the precedent is there to be able to go after us for the same rule breakage.

We were punished though, the EFL punish teams every year, with points deductions etc. The Premier League are just scared to actually make an example of anyone. You're also assuming I mean we should be able to sue them, which I've never said, just that they should receive a decent punishment as they would in the EFL.

It would be typical that both  Man City and everton get punished in a year we aren’t in the league.

We should have been suing man city for us missing out on the champions league but we don’t have the minerals to go after them 

oh and how embarrassing would it be to sue them for relegation when we finish 19th… wouldn’t have made a jot of difference if everton went down with us 😂

Edited by Lambert09

Ideally - we stay up AND sue Everton for £100m

In reality - Gray scores a 95th minute winner on the last day and sends us down. And we get nothing from the lawsuit. 

14 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Desperation isn't it? 

After heaping blame on managers, players, owners, referees and the weather , what is there left for some. Football is crooked of course but as a world religion is answerable only to God ( and Gary Neville).

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Oh yeah look I refer you back to my point, I don't think anything will come of it. I'm just saying it's a travesty and if they got the points deduction they deserved this year I'm pretty confident that would see us safe given Leeds remaining games vs ours. 

So we absolutely should be angry. 

You think newcastle away is easier than spurs :blink:

Guest Mee-9
1 hour ago, Daggers said:

We're going down because we're shit and deserve it.

We're not going down because of what other clubs have or haven't done.

The pointing finger "But what about them" argument ceases to work when you leave Primary school.

Foxestalk's best poster hits the nail on the head again. 

It's others trying to blame others. How about the board and players take responsibility. 

Even if Everton were deducted something like 10 points which would be fair this season then we would still have to finish above Leeds and Forest. This just reeks of desperation in the boardroom. You can't sue your way out of the problems that you yourself have caused. They need to look in the mirror instead of playing the victim of well its not our fault because Everton have cheated. There are 17 other clubs that have been better than us this season. The only team below us managed to beat us twice. Everton have cheated and they should have points deducted this season. If not then we may sue them but why let this leak now. It just gives the players another excuse too instead of trying to knuckle down and at least go down fighting. 

The real problem is FFP is a load of wank and needs scrapping.

Its like VAR

It desnt help smaller clubs in the slightest, it helps bigger clubs with a bigger turnover the most, maintains the status quo.

Owners should be allowed to invest whatever they want in a club, end of. 

3 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

The real problem is FFP is a load of wank and needs scrapping.

Its like VAR

It desnt help smaller clubs in the slightest, it helps bigger clubs with a bigger turnover the most, maintains the status quo.

Owners should be allowed to invest whatever they want in a club, end of. 

That would make it worse, surely?  :dunno: As state backed clubs could and would sport wash invest even more

Edited by Dahnsouff

6 hours ago, bennytwohats said:

All I’m going to say is FFP feels a bit broken if it’s going after a relegation threatened team while City walk towards their 5th title in 6 years.

Absolutely. Or how Newcastle is able to suddenly spend so much money. Oh, and what about Chelsea, with their spending of what 500m just to be mid table???