Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grebfromgrebland

Leicester City £100m action plan revealed in worst-case scenario

1 hour ago, trooky said:

The cynic in means wonders if FFP was leveraged by the 11 Global super clubs to prevent more clubs like Man City, PSG and Chelsea emerging.

No cynicism needed. That's exactly what FFP is for.

1 hour ago, trooky said:

All FFP does now, is make it virtually impossible for anyone new join the financial elite.

Yep. Unless they're Qatar or Saudi Arabia.

22 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

Which makes our title win all the more remarkable 

Exactly.

We won a league which was invented precisely so we* wouldn't be able to win it.

* okay, not just us - all clubs like us, which is to say all clubs that weren't already members of the rich and greedy club.

When City were on the way to winning the league, a Chelsea fan at work was excited because Conte was joining them the next season. He said, we’re going to have 169m to spend next season, (it was a lot of money back then). I said well John, that’s why WE need to win the league to show that it can be done without spending millions. We of course, have since seen quoted from some high-up, that “we don’t want another Leicester “ . I think they’re making sure there isn’t!

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't normally quote huge long posts, especially to say "I agree" but I will in this instance just in case one or two people who might have missed it the first time read it.

Everybody should read this. 

Genuinely relieved it's had this response and that the whole thing wasn't just in my head. I mean what I said in the first paragraph, it's important that people read it and understand it and not just Leicester fans.

The FFP and TV money distrubution issues have expicilty affected us the most because we're the club that went and won the league on pure merit.

Rival fans will just say it's sour grapes but it's not, it's demonstrable that we have been cheated by the league and authorities let alone the behaviour of Everton and Man City directly costing us hundreds of millions.

But equally important is the point about accessibility. I've spoken to fans who happily subscribe to Sky, BT and Amazon and they had no idea how badly they were getting screwed as consumers.

For me it is the crux of everything that is wrong and absolutely cannot be allowed to continue.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Couple of great posts from you! 

Absolutely hit the nail on he head… football is a complete shambles in this country…… your average fan with no subscriptions is limited to highlights on a Saturday evening. 

It’s becoming more like American sports, and with these world superpowers now starting to invest, it’s going to get even worse. 

I really struggle to get my head round how Everton have escaped punishment? The only way to set a precedent is Man City get severely punished, I.E. relegated and stripped of all of their titles…. What is the point in financial regulations if they’re not applied properly. The whole industry is an absolute farce.

Apologies that this is The Sun and that it's 6 years old but the picture below speaks a thousand words:

sport-preview-prem-tv-vote.jpg?w=1280&qu

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4777809/manchester-united-arsenal-liverpool-owners-dinner-restaurant/

Boehly will now be in that club but the other issue you have are the owners of Man City and Newcastle.

**I want to make sure this isn't made about race or religion**

In Mansour and the PIF you've essentially got owners from a part of the world where they have always been in charge, they've always had wealth and power and control over the "little people", and crucially, have never been held accountable for anything in their entire life.

That quote from Man City's CEO:

"he'd rather spend £50m on lawyers suing UEFA than pay a £30m fine"

Reveals everything. When they're richer than everyone else they are absolutely untouchable.

You see the exact same behaviour in Donald Trump - if he was a normal citizen he'd have been thrown in jail 50 ****ing years ago.

When you have endless money at your disposal you can just throw lawyers at issue and kick the can down the road until you bankrupt the people trying to hold you responsible.

This is what I meant by having a functioning government - the entire thing needs a reset and I mean from the bottom to the very top. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Apologies that this is The Sun and that it's 6 years old but the picture below speaks a thousand words:

sport-preview-prem-tv-vote.jpg?w=1280&qu

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4777809/manchester-united-arsenal-liverpool-owners-dinner-restaurant/

Boehly will now be in that club but the other issue you have are the owners of Man City and Newcastle.

**I want to make sure this isn't made about race or religion**

In Mansour and the PIF you've essentially got owners from a part of the world where they have always been in charge, they've always had wealth and power and control over the "little people", and crucially, have never been held accountable for anything in their entire life.

That quote from Man City's CEO:

"he'd rather spend £50m on lawyers suing UEFA than pay a £30m fine"

Reveals everything. When they're richer than everyone else they are absolutely untouchable.

You see the exact same behaviour in Donald Trump - if he was a normal citizen he'd have been thrown in jail 50 ****ing years ago.

When you have endless money at your disposal you can just throw lawyers at issue and kick the can down the road until you bankrupt the people trying to hold you responsible.

This is what I meant by having a functioning government - the entire thing needs a reset and I mean from the bottom to the very top. 

They're just conspiring to keep out Man City because they consider their clubs to be historically superior to Man City and that they have a devine right to manipulate/ lobby the rules to prevent anyone else joining their elite cartel.

I'm personally glad that Man City have started to dominate these corrupt bastards.

The owners of Citeh have done far more good for their community and club compared to the others sat at that table, especially the absolute parasite Glazier family.

Edited by trooky
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Kante?

he left on a free at the end of hIs contract ????

has CHO gone anywhere ?  

and btw, remember summer 2016 when we saw seven’s Chinese club offer £35m for ngolo. This set a base for us to ensure Chelsea paid £30m+ for him. His release to a CL club was £20m. 

well fair enough on the kante point then. 

But it does look likely that by the close of the window they will have sold them all of these, for huge fees,  nobody else would value them at half of :

Mendy 

aubamayang

koloubailey 

cho

ziyech 

yet that doesn’t seem fishy to you? 

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

well fair enough on the kante point then. 

But it does look likely that by the close of the window they will have sold them all of these, for huge fees,  nobody else would value them at half of :

Mendy 

aubamayang

koloubailey 

cho

ziyech 

yet that doesn’t seem fishy to you? 

let’s see what the fees are when the moves are actually done 

certainly neves was 10/15m over the top 

there is likely to be a lot of back scratching going on and money to the Saudis seems not to be of any relevance.  

You will recall that chelsea made a fair amount of income from Oscar’s move to China. There weren’t any calls for investigations into that but it seems that this Saudi scenario is potentially a lot more murky 

42 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

let’s see what the fees are when the moves are actually done 

certainly neves was 10/15m over the top 

there is likely to be a lot of back scratching going on and money to the Saudis seems not to be of any relevance.  

You will recall that chelsea made a fair amount of income from Oscar’s move to China. There weren’t any calls for investigations into that but it seems that this Saudi scenario is potentially a lot more murky 

Did the owners of that Chinese team hold a lot of investment in Abromavichs business? Because if not the two aren't similar given Clearlake Capital (Boehlys private equity group) handles a lot of PIFs money for them. It is blatant corruption but the PL don't care so long as they get their pound of flesh kicked back to them 

17 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Did the owners of that Chinese team hold a lot of investment in Abromavichs business? Because if not the two aren't similar given Clearlake Capital (Boehlys private equity group) handles a lot of PIFs money for them. It is blatant corruption but the PL don't care so long as they get their pound of flesh kicked back to them 

Until we see ridiculous fees being paid by Saudi clubs for Chelsea players, I can’t see why there is a conflict. The fact that boehly is close to the PIF simply oils the wheels to get deals done. If these players weren’t going to Saudi then they’d be sold elsewhere. ziyech fee is reported to be £8m. Koulibaly £25m. 

I’d be far more concerned with the neves deal and what may happen to the player over the next two seasons. (For now) 

I would have thought the PIF is invested in a lot of USA funds - that’s sort of what it’s for isn’t it ?  

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Until we see ridiculous fees being paid by Saudi clubs for Chelsea players, I can’t see why there is a conflict. The fact that boehly is close to the PIF simply oils the wheels to get deals done. If these players weren’t going to Saudi then they’d be sold elsewhere. ziyech fee is reported to be £8m. Koulibaly £25m. 

I’d be far more concerned with the neves deal and what may happen to the player over the next two seasons. (For now) 

I would have thought the PIF is invested in a lot of USA funds - that’s sort of what it’s for isn’t it ?  

I think it’s fair to be concerned watching it unfold though. 

They’ve found a loophole that will work well for them. Helps clear unwanted players out of chelsea rather than them being stuck with them and helps them with ffp whilst gaining names for their own league. 

It’s your attitude that will let them get away with it as well because i can bet you an arm and a leg, the reported fees to the media will probably be a long way short of the real fee and what goes on the book.  

Hopefully you are right and it’s all a coincidence but people should absolutely be questioning what’s happening. 

No chance we get so lucky with crap like vestergarde, but a club like chelsea finding a way to get a young lad on 200k pw who’s done nothing off the wage bill and we shouldn’t blink at it ? 

I hope you’re right and it’s all just a coincidence and maybe down to players agents working for each other. But on paper it looks fishy 

On 24/06/2023 at 07:05, jmono84 said:

Bravo 👏 

I’m gonna cut and share this with my friends and family.

With all this info and Covid arguably affecting our owners more than any other it shouldn’t be no real surprise we’ve struggled financially.

Is love to boycott football but being realistic I couldn’t stop going to Leicester games. I do boycott sky and especially SSN because all that does is brainwash fans into supporting the bigger clubs.

COVID was catastrophic for us, especially as it coincided with Man City's UEFA ban being overturned. 5th would have qualified us for the CL twice. The two issues are intertwined.

Here's the potential earnings comparison, visuals courtesy of Swiss Ramble:

FGeFemXXsAEu42C?format=jpg&name=medium

FGeFfCrXEAEZz-k?format=jpg&name=medium

That doesn't take into account gate receipts and merch which obviously during COVID was zero.

€15.64m just for participating in the Champions League vs €3.63m for being in the Europa League.

Add to that, as per my long post the other day, extra exposure for sponsors which would have brought in significantly more.

More detail:

https://editorial.uefa.com/resources/0277-158b0bea495a-ba6c18158cd3-1000/20220704_circular_2022_47_en.pdf

Without COVID our earnings had already dropped by 77% just by virtue of not being in the Champions League.

Then the global lockdowns walloping KP's finances really excasebated things. More than any other owners, as its income relies on the mass movement of people.

This really is the darkest possible timeline.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Add this to the lawsuit for causing offence. 

We really should have relegated these!!!!

I have often wondered if Vardy is the best penalty taker weve ever had... that doesnt like taking penalty's.  If theres ever an opportunity to avoid taking one he seems to take it. Feels like he just does it because hes asked to. 

Columbia for england, that carabao cup game against liverpool spring to mind. He should have been pushing hard to take that pen against everton...we all needed him to

18 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Add this to the lawsuit for causing offence. 

Any source trying to claim that Vardy got Leicester relegated and saved Everton so that he could go to them this season is so ****ing retarded that nobody should give them the oxygen of even engaging with their ragebait. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

We really should have relegated these!!!!

I have often wondered if Vardy is the best penalty taker weve ever had... that doesnt like taking penalty's.  If theres ever an opportunity to avoid taking one he seems to take it. Feels like he just does it because hes asked to. 

Columbia for england, that carabao cup game against liverpool spring to mind. He should have been pushing hard to take that pen against everton...we all needed him to

As much as I feel Vardy should have taken that penalty, it wasn't his decision. There will have been a designated penalty taker and that would have been Madders. 

On 24/06/2023 at 09:55, Pliskin said:

Couple of great posts from you! 

Absolutely hit the nail on he head… football is a complete shambles in this country…… your average fan with no subscriptions is limited to highlights on a Saturday evening. 

It’s becoming more like American sports, and with these world superpowers now starting to invest, it’s going to get even worse. 

I really struggle to get my head round how Everton have escaped punishment? The only way to set a precedent is Man City get severely punished, I.E. relegated and stripped of all of their titles…. What is the point in financial regulations if they’re not applied properly. The whole industry is an absolute 

Only we can sue, Leeds and Southampton would have been relegated anyway.