Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Headcase

COV UP CIY DOWN?

So with all their Troubles, not having a stadium of their own, playing seasons in birmingham, not knowing from year to year where they are going to play, a tight budget....they have a great chance of passing us as we probably drop to the championship....it actaully makes me feel sick! How we have become such a joke. I work and now live in warwick and the stick im getting from these chaps is unreal they are loving whats happing to us.

Football fans ...oh the banter

• Like 4

we went from league 1 to premier league champions in just over a decade.  Coventry have worked wonders but everytime i watched them they've been poor its a reflection on the poor quality of the lower leagues that they could be a premier league side next season.

I think Luton will win that in itself would be some achievement, who were in league 2 with coventry in the 2017/2018 season.

So either luton or cov will have gone from league 2 to premier league in 6 years.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

we went from league 1 to premier league champions in just over a decade.  Coventry have worked wonders but everytime i watched them they've been poor its a reflection on the poor quality of the lower leagues that they could be a premier league side next season.

I think Luton will win that in itself would be some achievement, who were in league 2 with coventry in the 2017/2018 season.

So either luton or cov will have gone from league 2 to premier league in 6 years.

Unfair really. Championship isn't as strong as it once was but Coventry (and Luton) have both come from League Two to Championship play offs within 5 or 6 seasons. It is a superb achievement.

If Cov come up then the job that Robins has done will be among the best I've ever seen. He's had to deal with so much there. He is never spoken about in the media, really under appreciated job.

Both Coventry and Luton have really shown the "but he's got no budget" arguments up, given both are among the lowest wage budgets in the league.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

We're going down. 

Forest are staying up. 

Cov are being promoted. 

The nightmare is real. 

The football gods have a funny way of evening things up. 

We've had over 10 years when neither of these fckers crossed my mind, so far out if reach they were. In fact, I even pitied Cov at times and wished them well. 

As others have said, we have to suck it up. Focus should be (tho I don't think it'll work out like this) and building a super fit, aggressive 15 players with a good new manager and walk the championship and returning to the PL and put these fckers in their place.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Reckon they'll beat the record for lowest points gained.

They will be the leagues whipping boys.

People say this every year. Sheffield United were supposed to do that and they finished 9th.

No one will ever beat Derby’s record. 1 win in 38 is utterly absurd. Teams usually get 2 or 3 lucky underserved wins over a season if nothing else. 

Edited by Sampson