Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Headcase

COV UP CIY DOWN?

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

we went from league 1 to premier league champions in just over a decade.  Coventry have worked wonders but everytime i watched them they've been poor its a reflection on the poor quality of the lower leagues that they could be a premier league side next season.

I think Luton will win that in itself would be some achievement, who were in league 2 with coventry in the 2017/2018 season.

So either luton or cov will have gone from league 2 to premier league in 6 years.

Sorry to be pedantic but we were league 1 to Premier champions in 8 years so under a decade. 

• Like 1

F**k me, has anyone else noticed Cov fans suddenly coming out from underneath their rocks?

I've worked at this place for 5 years now and I don't think I've ever heard 'Coventry' uttered more than once or twice, the last 2/3 weeks and suddenly 4 or 5 have now come out as long time Cov fans that have always followed their team, they just hadn't mentioned it much before apprently.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Headcase said:

So with all their Troubles, not having a stadium of their own, playing seasons in birmingham, not knowing from year to year where they are going to play, a tight budget....they have a great chance of passing us as we probably drop to the championship....it actaully makes me feel sick! How we have become such a joke. I work and now live in warwick and the stick im getting from these chaps is unreal they are loving whats happing to us.

Football fans ...oh the banter

Not local to Coventry so don't have to suffer as you do. If they do go up they will deserve it. To think Luton were kicked from pillar to post by the powers that be and could be in top flight is also remarkable. As for us console yourself we honours won we could not have imagined. Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

• Like 1

Football the great leveller. We'd won the FA cup, Forest were bottom of the championship with no points and no goals. Up pops Cooper, gets them promoted whilst hammering us 4-0. Now they're staying up whilst we get relegated. Then you have Cov, whilst we're winning the PL, they're languishing in league 1 with no ground, playing home matches in either Birmingham or Northampton. Now they too could be playing above us. Personally I'm happy for them, I've got lots of Cov supporting family and friends. This will be transformative for the club. Let them taste the milk and honey of the promised land, even if for 1 season.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Football the great leveller. We'd won the FA cup, Forest were bottom of the championship with no points and no goals. Up pops Cooper, gets them promoted whilst hammering us 4-0. Now they're staying up whilst we get relegated. Then you have Cov, whilst we're winning the PL, they're languishing in league 1 with no ground, playing home matches in either Birmingham or Northampton. Now they too could be playing above us. Personally I'm happy for them, I've got lots of Cov supporting family and friends. This will be transformative for the club. Let them taste the milk and honey of the promised land, even if for 1 season.

agreed. there were forest and cov fans that enjoyed us winning the league. as long as people who support clubs outside of the financial doping enjoy themselves i'm all for it.

13 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

F**k me, has anyone else noticed Cov fans suddenly coming out from underneath their rocks?

I've worked at this place for 5 years now and I don't think I've ever heard 'Coventry' uttered more than once or twice, the last 2/3 weeks and suddenly 4 or 5 have now come out as long time Cov fans that have always followed their team, they just hadn't mentioned it much before apprently.

Some people on here think there loyal fans which is true for about 10,000 of them. The rest are day trippers. They have been in that ground for 20 odd years and have only sold out one league game which was the other week. They took 30,000 plus to Wembley a few years ago and the next home game they had 10,000. Man United are that city's number one team then it was closely followed by the wasps!

It helps not living locally any more and having not played them for a while but I don't care enough about them right now to be annoyed that they might go up. Will be a great achievement to be fair and I think we need stories like theirs, and Luton to be fair, in football. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Why do we need another thread? Honestly half the new threads on here are just posts that should be in existing threads.

This post should have really Bern a new thread called 'why all the new threads?'

• Haha 1

Cov have clearly lucked out with Robins and done the decent thing by sticking with him and not casting admiring glances to more fashionable names with better track records (at the time) further up the leagues.

I think their ownership situation is also pretty much resolved now and they're by no means the basket case club they were a few years ago.

All this does, I think, is show that we have the best league system in the world, until you get to the top 6 (and now top 7 including Newcastle) in the Prem. The gulf in stature between the top 7 and the rest is so vast that any club vying to get in needs state funding to do so.

The gulf in stature and quality between the other 86 clubs in the football league is variable (i.e. some smaller clubs have next to no chance in reaching the Prem or even the Championship but others, if they get it right, can go all the way through the divisions as Cov or Luton could do, and as Wimbledon, Wolves, Watford, Fulham, Bournemouth, Brighton, Brentford, Swansea, Cardiff, Blackpool have all done in the past.

We've done things right in the past and will again in the future. What needs to change is to make the top of the Premier League more competitive, but that doesn't suit the behemoths who are already entrenched in it.

Personally, I couldn't care if the best teams in the world are Forest Green Rovers, Alaves, Montpellier, Hellas Verona or 1860 Munich instead of Man City, Barcelona, PSG, Juventus and Bayern. I'll watch the pinnacle of the game regardless. What we need is to give clubs a real chance of attaining those levels, but I can't see it happening.

Edited by ALC Fox

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

Typical cov fanslol

1 minute ago, lcfc278 said:

It's funny as now they all apparently want to go to Wembley and they're not sure how to try and get tickets. :rolleyes:

I know it’s crazy.When they’re shit they only get about 10k at the Ricoh.Now the rest have dusted off there cov shirts they all want to go😂

I say good luck to them hope they go up ! They have had such a turbulent few years with the ground issues/ playing at Peterborough and St Andrews. THEY NEVER QUIT ! .... Iv gone past the " I hate them " phase as iv got older.... even though my in-laws are all Forest supporters and giving me plenty at the moment, pay back time i guess for the years i took the piss out of them lol  . Coventry if they go up will of deserved it , no bitterness from me and i wish them well in the final 

Just now, SemperEadem said:

My heads falling off reading all this goodwill going their way. They hate us!

Unreal - feels like a lot of Leicester fans have become robots.

My head was gone after KDH was given a standing ovation when he was sent off against Villa for a stupid challenge.