Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thebluefox85

Do the fans walk out at west ham

24 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I do wonder how much of some fans current anger towards other fans is just misplaced. 

They can't get the club to change their ways so turn on their own anyway. 

Sad that it's come to that. 

Except it's not the ones protesting who have been turning on their own...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I do wonder how much of some fans current anger towards other fans is just misplaced. 

They can't get the club to change their ways so turn on their own anyway. 

Sad that it's come to that. 

Come on stan

You and others should’ve voted with their feet months ago. Could’ve chucked money towards the airplane banner over the stadium. 

The very least you could’ve done was not deride people for wanting rid of that knob whilst you were still pro Rodgers at the time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Come on stan

You and others should’ve voted with their feet months ago. Could’ve chucked money towards the airplane banner over the stadium. 

The very least you could’ve done was not deride people for wanting rid of that knob whilst you were still pro Rodgers at the time. 

We all reached the point of wanting out at different stages. Did that helicopter banner even happen? How much money did you put towards it? Seemed you wanted to get other people to stump up the cost first? 

39 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We all reached the point of wanting out at different stages. Did that helicopter banner even happen? How much money did you put towards it? Seemed you wanted to get other people to stump up the cost first? 

It never happened no. Mark kept deleting the thread or any mention of it in here for a start. (As well as banning me a few times for posting about it)

The target was about £800. It reached £110. £50 of that was my own money and I can prove that if you’d like. 

I didn’t think I’d need to put more in, because I thought that target was easily obtainable. Obviously I hadn’t banked on the censorship of this forum unfortunately so it never really gained traction.

My point was, you mention it being a shame that fans are turning on other fans.

It’s precisely what happened to those who wanted Rodgers gone ages ago. But it was ok in that instance 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bilsthorpe Blue said:

Everyone should get behind the team, you've got to take the lows with the highs, I certainly wouldn't give up the last 9 years what we achieved and being in the position we are in now to be a middle to low team for the last 9 years with no highs whatsoever 

I've lived through the highs and lows since the mid-50's and there have been many in both ways.

Also as a season ticket I feel quite at ease in withdrawing my support particularly if we are doomed after the Newcastle game.

After all, they don't come and see me when I'm bad!!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It never happened no. Mark kept deleting the thread or any mention of it in here for a start. (As well as banning me a few times for posting about it)

The target was about £800. It reached £110. £50 of that was my own money and I can prove that if you’d like. 

I didn’t think I’d need to put more in, because I thought that target was easily obtainable. Obviously I hadn’t banked on the censorship of this forum unfortunately so it never really gained traction.

My point was, you mention it being a shame that fans are turning on other fans.

It’s precisely what happened to those who wanted Rodgers gone ages ago. But it was ok in that instance 

Of course it wasn't okay. But you seem to think it's the fans fault that Rodgers stayed as long as he did. Particularly fans on this forum who are probably just the minority compared to how many actually go to games anyway. 

I'm not even saying you're wrong at the time. I don't even have anything against you for your opinions of wanting Rodgers out. But you (and others more so) now seem to want to pin the blame on fans as opposed to the ones who actually have the power and authority to make such a decision. 

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Of course it wasn't okay. But you seem to think it's the fans fault that Rodgers stayed as long as he did. Particularly fans on this forum who are probably just the minority compared to how many actually go to games anyway. 

I'm not even saying you're wrong at the time. I don't even have anything against you for your opinions of wanting Rodgers out. But you (and others more so) now seem to want to pin the blame on fans as opposed to the ones who actually have the power and authority to make such a decision. 

Well the point is that people could’ve done more to persuade the powers that be that Rodgers was the problem. In here there’s a massive match going fan base I think. I don’t really use Twitter that much, but it’s always the same people tweeting the same stuff any way.

This forum should’ve been a great platform for organising mass demonstrations- walk outs, Boycotts (that’s the one I chose) hand held banners, plane banners, chants. ‘Brendan Nout’ and ‘Zak Rodgers’ were two of the other ways I used to show my disdain for the club.

Mark should never have been censoring the forum so heavily as he was at the time. Especially as he told me privately that he too was Rodgers out and had been a while. As a side note I’ve lost count of how many bans I’ve had the past 18 months for being ‘abusive’ to other members, apparently. The abuse was only ever in retaliation to being abused for voting with my feet, or for trying to get the plane banner going.

Fans in here could’ve had their say at the games. They chose not to. 

There’s talks of boycotting West Ham, protests against Rudkin. It’ll never happen, because our fans are by and large too soft or too nice to actually want to miss a game 🤣

A lot of people on here refused to boycott games because, ‘it’s what they do on a Saturday’ (go to the games)

Well they’re responsible for the situation we’re now in. 

I’m not having it that 20k empty seats in September last year, February last year after Forest wouldn’t have woken Top up. 

The fans were sheep, and because of that Top thought we were all as in love with Rodgers as Top was.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Mee-9

I've got to take my Father in law to the game. 

Fuming as I've got to take him out for lunch too (hope he gets the shits from a Spoons curry) and no doubt we'll have to stay for the whole 90. 

Might leave the old birk to walk home when we go 4-0 down. 

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Yes, it is, HighHorseFox

That's not a point of view, it's just an attempt at an insult. 

You're a bright guy, with good intentions, which makes some of what you say harder to read. When it's a bonehead that can barely string a sentence together I can easily ignore it, but you're not that. 

I want to address one thing only. I had no problem with people being Rodgers out. As I've said before, and this is often met with deafness, it was HOW it was said - incessantly, arrogantly, rudely, slanderously and insultingly. None of that was necessary, and it's a wonder so much of it wasn't excised. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

That's not a point of view, it's just an attempt at an insult. 

You're a bright guy, with good intentions, which makes some of what you say harder to read. When it's a bonehead that can barely string a sentence together I can easily ignore it, but you're not that. 

I want to address one thing only. I had no problem with people being Rodgers out. As I've said before, and this is often met with deafness, it was HOW it was said - incessantly, arrogantly, rudely, slanderously and insultingly. None of that was necessary, and it's a wonder so much of it wasn't excised. 

Well I think people lost their patience with him very quickly. I called him a ‘see you next Tuesday’ numerous times, and he was precisely that

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Well I think people lost their patience with him very quickly. I called him a ‘see you next Tuesday’ numerous times, and he was precisely that

In your opinion. Losing patience I completely understand, the rest, not so much. 

6 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Walking out is exactly the kind of lame thing our fans would do. Would personally like something with more substance. 

They wont even walk out unless we were 3-0 down and they went home early.  They'll be some staying asking for shirts and applauding them off.  Its just how our fan base is, it wont change its been like that for a long time.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Well if you’re not going to change your mind on that after all that’s been and gone whilst he was here, and after (Soyuncu) then there’s no point my trying 

I think you're misunderstanding me here. Whether he is or not, it isn't a valid argument, and I don't think it reflects well on anyone that someone chooses to argue in that way. I think plenty of people are c**ts, believe me, but that's irrelevant. 

I'd not call anyone that on here, and I don't think that style of proving a point proves it at all. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Monk said:

😂typing too fast for my own good. 

my point is they were dead and buried

we are dead and buried 

survival is possible

having a hissy fit protest on 22 minutes just makes you look like a snowflake, not some heroic act to remove top. 

Fair enough to have optimism but the Wednesday example is poor.

I live and work in Sheffield and have had a good chat after their first leg and again today with a Wednesday supporting colleague.

Yes they thought they were dead and buried before the game but once the game started they took an early lead and had the momentum. They are also a better team than Peterborough. Nothing like us going 2-0 down yet again early on and the players looking like they are desperate for the final whistle!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

In your opinion. Losing patience I completely understand, the rest, not so much. 

Whilst I understand your point, football is about passion and emotion. It’s still a very tribal sport. If you excise all of that from people you risk sterilising the whole thing. Sure people went too far, I did, but it was a visceral reaction to what played out in front of our eyes. We all have that lurking Neanderthal in us, shuffling about in a cave of shadows. Sometimes it rears its head. Sometimes that is necessary. Sometimes not. 

Id rather have the passion and emotion than not. It’s what makes this sport so integral to us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Dunge said:

Question: If there is a protest of some sort, what exactly are people hoping to achieve from it? It’s not like the club don’t know that the fans are upset. So, what? Get rid of Rudkin? Get rid of King Power? If so, are you sure that’s a good idea? Because I’m certainly not.

The club didn't seem to be aware relegation was possible till about a week ago lol