Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thebluefox85

Do the fans walk out at west ham

11 hours ago, StanSP said:

Very odd! 

I think it depends actually. I wouldn’t say that I’d prefer the championship, in terms of the quality of football etc it’s clearly far inferior to the PL.

However, there will be some fans (like myself) who are looking forward to being able to go to more games (aways mostly) due to there being less clamour for tickets in the championship. For the last few years it’s been near impossible to get hold of tickets for more than a couple a season (away games) as a member. I can’t wait to be able to visit new grounds and follow the club in a way that I haven’t really been able to due to supply/demand of tickets. I’m not naive enough to think I’ll be able to get a ticket for every away game, but I’m certain I’ll be able to get a few more than previous years. I’ll enjoy nothing more than the drive from Devon to Sunderland to watch the team.

So in terms of my experience following Leicester, I think it could be argued that relegation will improve that as being at games is far superior to having to watch on TV. Clearly I understand that’s just my personal situation but hopefully it goes some way to explaining the psyche of some fans.

Despite all that I would never want us to go down, I hope we do the improbable over the next couple of weeks. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

cant wait til we're down personally, and don't have to read constant posts from our most hardcore fans bleating on about how they have a better understanding of the seriousness of our situation and how people should be walking out / protesting when they've done nothing of the sort themselves apart from moan about it for months on FT. 

how many months into next season will we have to read more self-congratulatory pat on the back posts about who was the first person to want rodgers out. 

I wAnTeD rOdGeRs GoNe fOuR YeARs AgO

yawn. 

Clearly spoken by someone who did absolutely nothing.Some of us actually made an effort to demonstrate/ voice our concerns.

My first effort was Palace at home at the end of the game when as I have said many times on here I got seriously abused by those who obviously thought there was nothing to worry about.I am convinced a lot on here who make comments like yourself don’t actually stump up their hard earned cash for a season ticket.It’s easy not to complain when you are not going down to watch complete dross every other week but sitting in your armchairs.

This forum is about debate, who is to say how things would have turned out if the majority in the ground had found their voice and shown discontent earlier and I think this is a key point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, I blame Wellens said:

My god u lot when did u actually start following the team? notice I use the word following rather than supporting.

We have been relegated from the prem. A league which we spent most of our time in an out of. 

So what. Grow a pair. Will give us a chance to reset as a club and an entitled fan base.

we have had bad players and incompetent managers and owners before. Only difference now is a fan base that feel that this is some kind of catastrophic event.

The ‘blue rinse brigade’ that u lot slag off have seen it all and they didn’t need drums and clappers to make a noise or leave 10 mins early every game.

Have your little protest, leave the ground  early please, go and play on fifa, have a Nandos and don’t come back.

Bet you’d like a super league of America system where teams don’t go up or down with this view. 

11 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

cant wait til we're down personally, and don't have to read constant posts from our most hardcore fans bleating on about how they have a better understanding of the seriousness of our situation and how people should be walking out / protesting when they've done nothing of the sort themselves apart from moan about it for months on FT. 

how many months into next season will we have to read more self-congratulatory pat on the back posts about who was the first person to want rodgers out. 

I wAnTeD rOdGeRs GoNe fOuR YeARs AgO

yawn. 

You need to lie down and evaluate your life brother.

You've posted aload of bo11ox in that!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Bet you’d like a super league of America system where teams don’t go up or down with this view. 

Weren’t you literally criticising others for not allowing differing opinions like 3 posts ago?

3 minutes ago, Raj said:

You need to lie down and evaluate your life brother.

You've posted aload of bo11ox in that!

I've got perspective bro. More important things going on in life than the football. Relegation happens, clubs making mistakes happens. Nothing is guaranteed and nothing is a given. We've had a good run and I'm grateful for it. I've paid for my season tickets like everyone else. 

I feel sad for the guys on here who've spent every last waking minute for the last 3 seasons crying off about every last thing. It's been shit yeah, but some people's takes on so much of it are way OTT and borderline obsessive beyond what is healthy. Half these guys will wake up one day and realise it wasn't as half as important as they thought it was. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

I've got perspective bro. More important things going on in life than the football. Relegation happens, clubs making mistakes happens. Nothing is guaranteed and nothing is a given. We've had a good run and I'm grateful for it. I've paid for my season tickets like everyone else. 

I feel sad for the guys on here who've spent every last waking minute for the last 3 seasons crying off about every last thing. It's been shit yeah, but some people's takes on so much of it are way OTT and borderline obsessive beyond what is healthy. Half these guys will wake up one day and realise it wasn't as half as important as they thought it was. 

Seems important enough to you to keep posting your tripe.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

14 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Seems important enough to you to keep posting your tripe.

🤣🤣🤣

Storm in a teacup, we all form opinions based our interpretation of visible situations, add some personal experiences as seasoning and a personal take is formed. Each to their own and recognise we all (usually) operate without a full understanding of what has really gone on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I think it depends actually. I wouldn’t say that I’d prefer the championship, in terms of the quality of football etc it’s clearly far inferior to the PL.

However, there will be some fans (like myself) who are looking forward to being able to go to more games (aways mostly) due to there being less clamour for tickets in the championship. For the last few years it’s been near impossible to get hold of tickets for more than a couple a season (away games) as a member. I can’t wait to be able to visit new grounds and follow the club in a way that I haven’t really been able to due to supply/demand of tickets. I’m not naive enough to think I’ll be able to get a ticket for every away game, but I’m certain I’ll be able to get a few more than previous years. I’ll enjoy nothing more than the drive from Devon to Sunderland to watch the team.

So in terms of my experience following Leicester, I think it could be argued that relegation will improve that as being at games is far superior to having to watch on TV. Clearly I understand that’s just my personal situation but hopefully it goes some way to explaining the psyche of some fans.

Despite all that I would never want us to go down, I hope we do the improbable over the next couple of weeks. 

...build it and they will come!!!

• Like 1

Don't know what i am going to do. Whole family have tickets, and going to the match is a big part of us doing something as a family. If we play like poo, then the massive curry and bottle of wine after helps a great deal. My boy was really upset at the Liverpool performance and wanted to leave early. If we are bad in this one, no doubt he will want to do the same.

Do you think they will drop the 'boys are back in town' entrance in the warm up though? These players just need to come out and do a job, rather than have the silly fanfair stuff paraded around them. Would be nice to see the club drop all the silly crap for the last game and actually show some acceptance of the dire position we are in. 

28 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Guess what.... Its a football forum

Should we caveat all views with everything that is also more important at the time of posting just incase some dullards aren't able to take that as a given? 

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Weren’t you literally criticising others for not allowing differing opinions like 3 posts ago?

In hindsight that post was probably unnecessary and out of frustration at the situation and reading comments passing this season off as ok!

Edited by LCFCJohn

39 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Don't know what i am going to do. Whole family have tickets, and going to the match is a big part of us doing something as a family. If we play like poo, then the massive curry and bottle of wine after helps a great deal. My boy was really upset at the Liverpool performance and wanted to leave early. If we are bad in this one, no doubt he will want to do the same.

Do you think they will drop the 'boys are back in town' entrance in the warm up though? These players just need to come out and do a job, rather than have the silly fanfair stuff paraded around them. Would be nice to see the club drop all the silly crap for the last game and actually show some acceptance of the dire position we are in. 

...what you are asking for is a sombre atmosphere, where the supporters are melancholy, even before probably the biggest game for some time!!!

We need the mood to be lifted, the manager and his staff are the ones who need to prepare the team for what is to come, they will no doubt instil the right mood for the players to come out to perform.

16 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...what you are asking for is a sombre atmosphere, where the supporters are melancholy, even before probably the biggest game for some time!!!

We need the mood to be lifted, the manager and his staff are the ones who need to prepare the team for what is to come, they will no doubt instil the right mood for the players to come out to perform.

Sorry - my post is assuming we are confirmed relegated before the game starts.   If there is still some hope, of course we should go into the match completely pumped.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tim1974 said:

Any one and everyone that attends the KP for matches, should be able to support or deride the team/ club as they please without fear of being labelled with insults.

If you want to boo or protest, fine.

If you want to show support at a difficult time, also fine.

This is why society in general has such deep divides, because a lot of people seem incapable of accepting that others have different views and opinions.

Exactly. Just everyone let everyone else get on with supporting in whatever way they want. You don't tell me how to support my club; I don't tell you how to support your club.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Each to their own and recognise we all (usually) operate without a full understanding of what has really gone on.

Change 'usually' to 'always' and change 'a full understanding' to 'any understanding at all' and I completely agree with this.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

In hindsight that post was probably unnecessary and out of frustration at the situation and reading comments passing this season off as ok!

To be honest, it is hard to imagine any poster not posting in frustration this season

Just now, Phil Bowman said:

Change 'usually' to 'always' and change 'a full understanding' to 'any understanding at all' and I completely agree with this.

I actually edited it from what you suggest, so as not be so provocative. lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dayday said:

I’ll be there to the end, followed Leicester since 1979, been a ST holder for years 

Seen the good times and the bad, doesn’t stop me supporting the lads 

If people think things are bad, then they wasn’t around the time when we was in administration 

More enjoyable when we had players playing literally for nothing. Most of these waaaars are laughing in the supporters faces

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Whilst I understand your point, football is about passion and emotion. It’s still a very tribal sport. If you excise all of that from people you risk sterilising the whole thing. Sure people went too far, I did, but it was a visceral reaction to what played out in front of our eyes. We all have that lurking Neanderthal in us, shuffling about in a cave of shadows. Sometimes it rears its head. Sometimes that is necessary. Sometimes not. 

Id rather have the passion and emotion than not. It’s what makes this sport so integral to us. 

There's a long and interesting conversation to be had on this, but now is not the time and this is not the place.