Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
daddylonglegs

When did you lose hope?

When we got booted out of the FA cup... at home to Blackburn!

Then watching the draw and seeing Blackburn drawing Shef U away in the QFs!

People said at the time it was a blessing, so now we could concentrate on the league...

Only to lose to Southampton 1-0 the very next game!

:thumbdown:

Thus showing how far we have fallen from FA cup & 9-0 Wins :(

• Like 1

On 22/05/2023 at 06:58, worth_the_wait said:

I've said pretty much this from day one ... that by winning a few easy games towards the end of last season, it masked all sorts of problems.   If we had finished low down, it might have given the club serious food for thought that Mr Rodgers time was coming to an end.    A disastrous start to this season might have made getting rid of Rodgers a real posibility.

(I say "might" as there's no guarentee that the media's love-in with BR wouldn't still have affected the Board's decision).

I went to Burnley last season on 1st March, and I was seriously worried that if we lost that match (and the following one home to Leeds), we would get into a nosedive tailspin and get relegated.    When we beat Burnley 2-0, I genuinely felt we'd avoided relegation.    The underlying problems were all there, if anyone at the Club had just opened their eyes.   The away defeat at Forest in the Cup should've been enough for anyone.

Anyway ... I'm an natural optimist, and haven't given up all hope.  Yet.

This is actually totally true. We hadn't won a game in 2022 had we until that Burnley game. If we'd lost that game, we'd have been in the discussion.

The warning signs were there but we seemed to do just enough to make them look silly. Always did have a feeling it would come to bite us.

If we were as smart and forward thinking as we thought we were, we'd have rectified it in the summer.