Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
daddylonglegs

When did you lose hope?

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I knew something wasn't quite right when the Rodgers sacking, something I'd wanted for ages, didn't even make me particularly happy. While it was right to get rid, the timing revealed our problems were definitely bigger than just him - that's not to absolve him of his role in this.

We seem to have timed everything so badly. We seemed to have a good run / result before every obvious time to sack him. The world cup and Brentford away being the main two of note.

Probelms are way bigger than Rodgers as we all learnt in the summer. When you have a board that don't tell the manager what's going on you've got issues.

Genuinely I've thought that it would end up this way about 18 months ago.  Thats when things started to slowly go wrong and it's just snowballed into what it is today.

But yeah, for me personally, it started to go downhill after the covid restart.

With regards to relegation this season, I put money on us going down to soften the blow in January.

• Like 2

I remember saying before the Bournemouth game if we lose this then we're down.

But it's been a weird season, as per the relegation thread, I was convinced we'd go down, then I was okay again...

Rodgers was sacked far too late though. I had a little bit of belief after our late goal at Leeds but the fact we only took 2 points from Leeds and Everton has basically sealed relegation for us.

Fulham away. Game before at home against Everton we battled but right at the final whistle most of our players collapsed to their haunches, it didnt look like tiredness or even frustration, they already looked defeated - and then we rolled out against Fulham with the same attitude, defeat. Our players summed it up.

Bournmouth home was a killer. I thought we looked a little better against Villa but I came out of the Bournmouth game convinced we stood no chance staying up. 

We gave ourselves a chance with the result against Wolves. Fulham was the game where we needed to turn up, but we shat the bed. 

I think the last bit of hope after being reignited after the wolves victory went at 2-0 down to Fulham. 

The point I thought it was very realistic was when we turned out the same shift at Forest as we did the year previous. That showed a squad that didn’t have their own personal pride in their performance. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

After drawing to Brentford at home on 7th August 2022. 

2-0 up and sailing but we contrived a 2-2 draw which summed up our season.

It was a hot day though surprised we made it through the game