Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
daddylonglegs

When did you lose hope?

You may have all seen this so apologies but  it puts it into perspective for me and makes it feel not so bad

When Leicester got promoted back to the Premier League in 2014, a footballing genie came to me in a dream. ‘I’ve got a few surprises for you…’, it said. ‘Over the next few years, you will see an unbelievable escape from an apparently certain threat of relegation.’ ‘And then you will see your team win the Premier League, which will be the greatest and most ridiculously improbable sporting story ever.’ I shook my head and suppressed a disbelieving chuckle. ‘But that won’t be the end of it. You will go on to win the FA Cup and the Community Shield.’ ‘You will reach the knockout stages of three different European competitions.’ ‘Three?’ I raised an eyebrow. The genie smiled and went on, ‘One season, you’ll go further in the Champions League than ony other English team. Also, you will see the first VAR goal scored in England’. I looked puzzled, but the genie continued. ‘You will see spectacular goals and extraordinary comebacks. You will beat all of the biggest teams in England, several times each.’ ‘In fact, over two particular seasons you’ll spend more time in the Premier League’s top four than any of those teams. In return, you’ll make over £300m selling them your best players.’ ‘One of your players will break the record for goals scored in consecutive Premier League games, and - in a different season - will win the golden boot. You will record the biggest away win ever seen in the Premier League.‘ ‘You will have two players in the top ten nominees of the Ballon d’Or.’ I looked sceptical. ‘You do know I’m a *Leicester* supporter?’ The genie nodded. ‘But of course this is football, so it won’t all be good - there will be shocking cup exits, agonising last minute defeats, terrible performances and managerial sackings. There will even, I’m afraid, be real tragedy.’ ‘And then eventually, after nine years, the curtain will suddenly fall on this wildest of footballing rides, the chimes will strike midnight, and Leicester will revert to being Leicester. If you want all that to happen, when it’s over, you must promise me one thing.’ ‘Of course I want that to happen’, I responded cautiously, ‘but…’ ‘Amid the anger and frustration and fears of relegation, the “if onlys” and the “might have beens”, you must promise to pause for a minute and reflect on your good fortune to be on the wildest ride any football fan could have hoped for.’ ‘A ride that - if it had been written in a fairy tale - no one would have ever believed was possible. Is that a deal?’ ‘Obviously I *don’t* believe any of that is possible’, I replied, ‘but if it makes even some of what you’ve said happen then yes, I’m happy to make that promise’. And it was so.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I mean I didn't have much hope going into the season with...him...in charge but even by my standards I didn't expect us to go down.

Those fears grew and it was clear we'd be in trouble incredibly early into the season however.

16 minutes ago, Kopic said:

I lost hope when we hired rodgers. Genuinely never wanted him. Ofcourse, we did well for a while and I'm incredibly grateful, but I was so so underwhelmed by him joining us and felt it would go to shit, admittedly faster than it did.

Jesus wept...

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, blueharmie said:

Couple of seasons ago, first game. Was wolves they should of smashed us. 

Got worse and worse and now we have ended up in the championship.

It's a disgrace, at least the plastic fans will be gone next season and the fans can express an opinion!

**** you top

Bet you are a right laugh on a night out. 

• Haha 2

After losing to Southampton away in early March (thus enabling them to do the double over us) and the fact that Rodgers still wasn't sacked after that and kept on for another month - even though it was Iheanacho who missed three point blank chances in that game, not Rodgers! Then Fulham away of late when any brief hope we'd had of staying up in that game (had we got something from it against a team with nothing to play for), was instantly distinguished!  

Edited by Guy

Guest Mee-9

Hope really went for me after the Bournemouth game. 

That was when the writing was on the wall. We’re a dying dog now that needs putting down. Apologies about the metaphor but it’s true. 

12 minutes ago, Shah johns said:

You may have all seen this so apologies but  it puts it into perspective for me and makes it feel not so bad

When Leicester got promoted back to the Premier League in 2014, a footballing genie came to me in a dream. ‘I’ve got a few surprises for you…’, it said. ‘Over the next few years, you will see an unbelievable escape from an apparently certain threat of relegation.’ ‘And then you will see your team win the Premier League, which will be the greatest and most ridiculously improbable sporting story ever.’ I shook my head and suppressed a disbelieving chuckle. ‘But that won’t be the end of it. You will go on to win the FA Cup and the Community Shield.’ ‘You will reach the knockout stages of three different European competitions.’ ‘Three?’ I raised an eyebrow. The genie smiled and went on, ‘One season, you’ll go further in the Champions League than ony other English team. Also, you will see the first VAR goal scored in England’. I looked puzzled, but the genie continued. ‘You will see spectacular goals and extraordinary comebacks. You will beat all of the biggest teams in England, several times each.’ ‘In fact, over two particular seasons you’ll spend more time in the Premier League’s top four than any of those teams. In return, you’ll make over £300m selling them your best players.’ ‘One of your players will break the record for goals scored in consecutive Premier League games, and - in a different season - will win the golden boot. You will record the biggest away win ever seen in the Premier League.‘ ‘You will have two players in the top ten nominees of the Ballon d’Or.’ I looked sceptical. ‘You do know I’m a *Leicester* supporter?’ The genie nodded. ‘But of course this is football, so it won’t all be good - there will be shocking cup exits, agonising last minute defeats, terrible performances and managerial sackings. There will even, I’m afraid, be real tragedy.’ ‘And then eventually, after nine years, the curtain will suddenly fall on this wildest of footballing rides, the chimes will strike midnight, and Leicester will revert to being Leicester. If you want all that to happen, when it’s over, you must promise me one thing.’ ‘Of course I want that to happen’, I responded cautiously, ‘but…’ ‘Amid the anger and frustration and fears of relegation, the “if onlys” and the “might have beens”, you must promise to pause for a minute and reflect on your good fortune to be on the wildest ride any football fan could have hoped for.’ ‘A ride that - if it had been written in a fairy tale - no one would have ever believed was possible. Is that a deal?’ ‘Obviously I *don’t* believe any of that is possible’, I replied, ‘but if it makes even some of what you’ve said happen then yes, I’m happy to make that promise’. And it was so.

I love this as much as the next guy, but can't help but feel a little uneasy that somebody would wish footballing success amidst tragedy 🤷

I've taken it too literally, probably just me.

8 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Bet you are a right laugh on a night out. 

I wouldn't talk about this shower on a night out so I would be a laugh actually.

Talking of laughs, paying 100m for a training facility and going down.

I detest this bunch of losers we have as a first 11.

Tar

Edited by blueharmie
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Absolute fckin shite. 

We won the league. I wanted more. It's addictive. FA Cup, Charity Shields, League Cup semis, European semis. I wanted more than and I want more then. Being grateful for what you've had is a recipe for where we are now.

Fck it. Let's go down angry. Let's buy, bully, batter and bum.our way out of the championship,.pick up a winner's medal en route and kick some ass when we're back. 

I am angry, more than you know. I won’t for sure be a happy clapper at the Wet Ham Game. I just appreciate what we did but am angry we could have stopped it going to shit !!

44 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

When Fulham went 2-0 up. From then on I'd been wanting other results to help send Forest down with us but even that was too big an ask.

Was going to post the same thing.

I lost belief quite a while ago. All season I thought we'd go down but really started to believe it at the Bournemouth game. I retained some hope but when Fulham made it 2-0 was when the sinking feeling hit that it was actually happening.