Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
daddylonglegs

When did you lose hope?

Truth be told, the Bournmouth game was the lightbulb moment for me that there were deep rooted issues at the club. Saddler played Amartey because Souttar was tired, and Vardy was wandering around up top. The performance was no different to what we saw against Southampton or Palace. No one played like we were in a relegation battle and all Saddler could talk about was the players 'confidence'.  Bournmouth bullied us and we looked like kids who couldn't give a toss. Lots of attacking options against a pretty naff Bournmouth side and we did next to nothing.

To think, if we had won the Bournmouth game we could have pulled them into the relegation fight. Such a wasted opportunity.

Liverpool game for me. Was men against boys with no desire or effort. All too many concerned with their future career away from Leicester and not wanting to get injured. Realised then how really poor we are. No coming back from that defeat.

Guest Col city fan

Not to this extent at all, but I kinda knew we were going quickly downhill when we lost to Forest in the FA cup and then when we hadn’t signed anyone in the summer.

Ive been saying for possibly 18 months that we had one of the worst defences in the league. This was compounded by selling Schmeichel.

No team can concede the amount of goals we have and get anything but failure.

Guest Mee-9

I’ve come to terms with relegation, did months ago. 

However it doesn’t make it any easier at all. It’ll still hurt on the terraces next Sunday.

21 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Not to this extent at all, but I kinda knew we were going quickly downhill when we lost to Forest in the FA cup and then when we hadn’t signed anyone in the summer.

Ive been saying for possibly 18 months that we had one of the worst defences in the league. This was compounded by selling Schmeichel.

No team can concede the amount of goals we have and get anything but failure.

Yeah you're on a hiding to nothing with the defence shipping goals for fun, it doesn't guarantee success like it didn't for us in 2008. But it gives you something to build from.

It’s been a rollercoaster of hope since Rodgers got the boot.

I had no hope after the Palace game, then when we clearly didn’t have a plan to replace him, the hope went down again. 

Then we get Deano in… a bit more hope…

Then two big moments just told me it wasn’t gonna be our year. The Youri goal being disallowed at Leeds, then the JM penalty against Everton. 

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I knew something wasn't quite right when the Rodgers sacking, something I'd wanted for ages, didn't even make me particularly happy. While it was right to get rid, the timing revealed our problems were definitely bigger than just him - that's not to absolve him of his role in this.

We seem to have timed everything so badly. We seemed to have a good run / result before every obvious time to sack him. The world cup and Brentford away being the main two of note.

...I really believe if we had lost to Brentford, instead of drawing the game he (Rodgers) would have been sacked the next day. We had to wait for the next game in order for us to follow through. After the Brentford game, we went on a break that would have allowed us to have brought someone in. That would have given us 3 more games with someone in place.