Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
daddylonglegs

When did you lose hope?

Started feeling worried after we'd sacked Rodgers and set up in exactly the same way against Villa- always thought we would see a reaction and pull clear when he was gone but it was evident that all backroom staff and players had bought into his philosophy.

Lost hope when Fulham scored their second.

• Like 1

I started losing hope when we lost to Southampton for the second time this season. Managed to pull ourselves out of trouble before the World Cup, but I had a feeling that lightning was not going to strike twice. 

Still preparing for life in the Championship since the Fulham away shambles.

2 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

With our relegation all but confirmed, what’s the moment you gave up?

The moment I saw Maddison pick up the ball for the Everton penalty, for me! 

I never lose hope, & believe until the last..

But that stomach churning feeling,that my hope was fighting against the tide…

Was the Southampton game…one saw the flame had died within the management

& squad…

I am sure if Iversen,Mendy, Soyuncu, then Nacho simply told your our main striker & all had been given earlier a longer period , of a show of confidence. We would not be high or pushing top 8,but a C.Palace type of revival would of been there….

We blew every main opportunity, with both Rodgers & Smith,plus some attrocious

abysmal attitude within our so called star players..

Many posters had good discreditting goes of KDH,Choudhury,Mendy Albrighton, I wish we had,had all 4 Consistently playing in our team.

It was Fulham. We’ve had some shit this season and while I may have felt we were at real risk for most of it, that game was the disaster where I wanted every single one of them out of this. Guys like Tielemans, Maddison, Ndidi etc. will go off and find some form elsewhere, I’ll not hold them in any regard. They way they give up - every single time. It’s disgusting. 

Probably today, Everton getting a 100th minute equaliser and Forest saving themselves.

4 points probably not enough now so we could win at Newcastle and it still might not be enough. Leeds beating West Ham and Spurs is a real possibility.

Where there is life though...........................

I haven't lost hope still. Everton won away at Brighton and we need a similar performance against Newcastle. Leeds I think will struggle to win both games imo so it's between us and Everton. We need to beat a Newcastle team that are flying but have hit a few injuries and Liverpool's result may help us imo. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

Genuinely I've thought that it would end up this way about 18 months ago.  Thats when things started to slowly go wrong and it's just snowballed into what it is today.

But yeah, for me personally, it started to go downhill after the covid restart.

With regards to relegation this season, I put money on us going down to soften the blow in January.

I saw it going this way a good 18 months ago as well but I didn't think we'd go down this season, I thought we'd just keep doing what we spent last season doing - playing badly and getting lucky, we'd have enough quality to get out of real trouble.

Unfortunately the club thought exactly this way, they thought getting bailouts by wondergoals was sustainable, they even thought we could maintain this despite letting our goalkeeper go and not replacing him.

Back in July, I had an argument with a Forest supporting mate who was saying he thinks we'll go down. In fairness I think he was trying to wind me up, but the events of the Schmeichel departure and our first three games made me reign in any confidence I had. I saw it three games in. The club didn't see it until 29 games in. That's why we're going down.

What seemed mad to me, and I thought this at the time was after Everton the bookies still thought we were likelier to survive than Forest, Everton and Leeds. We'd just proven we were no better than the latter two and our fixtures only looked kind on the assumption that a Fulham side who were supposedly on the beach wouldn't turn up - the same Fulham who beat Everton and Leeds of all teams.

I think this rhetoric that Leicester will get out of this, which has gone on far too long is what's done a lot of the damage. Compare it to the way Bournemouth were written off week after week. It's no wonder this lot believe their own hype.

For me, it was when we bent over for Southampton away.

On the match thread or post match thread, I called out the players and said how shite they were. And suggested that they could be a big part of the problem.

I took abuse from everyone who said: "Nah, the players only play like that because of Brendan"

I wonder if all those people still have the same opinion? 

2 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It was Fulham. We’ve had some shit this season and while I may have felt we were at real risk for most of it, that game was the disaster where I wanted every single one of them out of this. Guys like Tielemans, Maddison, Ndidi etc. will go off and find some form elsewhere, I’ll not hold them in any regard. They way they give up - every single time. It’s disgusting. 

Yep. That Fulham game was so disgraceful it was genuinely unforgivable for me. I want nothing to do with any of them. Get them out of here.

I’m still full of hope! Most weeks it disappears at some point during our games and is completely gone by full time, but by Thursday the following week, I’ll be full of hope again.

It’s a funny old game and anything can happen!