Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
daddylonglegs

When did you lose hope?

17 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

With our relegation all but confirmed, what’s the moment you gave up?

The moment I saw Maddison pick up the ball for the Everton penalty, for me! 

When Top paid Rodgers £10M to leave. As if he would allow himself to become a champo manager. Top is a poor poker player.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

Yeh, a few comments like this & fair enough. Should’ve framed it as ‘if you’ve lost hope’.

Having said that, I’d like some of what you’re smoking if you’ve still got

hope 😃

Haha no but I’m trying to make a point about positivity. We have had a fantastic last nine years but all that is in the past. If the players give up we  criticise quite rightly but whilst they take the field there is hope that we can score and win a game. When I played I never gave up right to the last minute. The best teams always do thattoo throughout history. Likewise look at the support forest Leeds and Everton get from their fans. I do understand the disappointment but there is a long summer to reflect on that. I know it is also a bit chicken and egg but someone has to start the ball rolling. Like I say I’m an optimist and a positive person. Maybe it’s because I don’t smoke anything. Tried it a couple of times but did nothing for me. 😀

3 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

Yeh, a few comments like this & fair enough. Should’ve framed it as ‘if you’ve lost hope’.

Having said that, I’d like some of what you’re smoking if you’ve still got

hope 😃

The fact that we've still only won 1 in 14 (!) before tomorrow at Newcastle and and yet are still not officially relegated with a week still remaining of the season is what gives some of the more wildly optimistic ones hope I think, as well as whatever they're smoking perhaps!

• Like 1

Bournmouth at home for me.  I had expected the board to have someone lined up when they finally pulled the trigger on Rogers.  Villa were on good form so losing to them was not a huge surprise but this team should have had enough to beat a desperately poor Bournmouth side.  I was watching the pre-match warm-up and for some reason they just looked like kids.  Everything was slow and low energy, perfect preparation for the game plan as it turned out.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Expect they are referencing throwing away the Champions League for the 2nd year (key losses to West Ham away, Newcastle at home, Spuds home) and then iffy following season where we were fortunate to finish 8th (could easily have been 14th).

Yeah well the second half of your post is less than two years ago, the bit before like I've already said was us spiralling from 4th to 5th. Maybe I'm just being pedantic and they mean start of last season lol which I still think is OTT. Be interesting to see a line graph of where we were in the table across the season, I know we spent a bit of time 11th-15th in the second half of the year but with games in hand IIRC. Can't have been that far off those ahead of us considering we finished 8th

39 minutes ago, J. James said:

I was constantly posting " He won't be sacked until the world cup", when he wasn't l knew they wouldn't - until it was too late.

At that point l just knew and l expected us to finish bottom.

Well, your miserable prediction was wrong.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, JimmyC74 said:

Expect they are referencing throwing away the Champions League for the 2nd year (key losses to West Ham away, Newcastle at home, Spuds home) and then iffy following season where we were fortunate to finish 8th (could easily have been 14th).

I do wonder if we finished 14th whether those at the club would have thought we could get away with decisions like Schmeichel going. I get that we needed to reduce the wage bill, but there were so many decisions like that that were clearly the club saying we will still get away with it because we have enough quality. 

3 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I do wonder if we finished 14th whether those at the club would have thought we could get away with decisions like Schmeichel going. I get that we needed to reduce the wage bill, but there were so many decisions like that that were clearly the club saying we will still get away with it because we have enough quality. 

Agree it might have seen us take a different approach.

Some strange decisions taken in the Summer. The late decision to sell Kasper to try and save a few quid, going with Ward, saying we had no money after BR had gone big on the reset and then release the purse strings in January.

Probably after Fulham away. 

Half of Foxestalk was performatively giving-up about half way through the season, creating endless pointless threads called things like “Starting Line-Up for Championship Next Season” back in about February.

• Like 1

That bournemouth game along with the Southampton one too absolutely shocking performances ... The last minute equaliser Brighton scored .. so many times I've sat with my son wondering what the f#ck the team was playing at ... If leicester go down it will be totally deserved ...

I can take losing, if the team gives   100% and fights for every ball but showing a lack of balls is unacceptable

Edited by nick6666
  • Like 2

I wouldn't give up hope yet if I were you lot.  I am not sure Everton will get the win against Bournemouth.  Bournemouth are a weird team who seem to lose two or three and then win a couple so there is every chance they can win and they have won 3 of the last 6 away games. It won't be easy to beat West Ham but it sure as hell can be done as they have only won 3 and drawn 3 away from home and only scored 15 goals.  

6 minutes ago, Driver said:

I wouldn't give up hope yet if I were you lot.  I am not sure Everton will get the win against Bournemouth.  Bournemouth are a weird team who seem to lose two or three and then win a couple so there is every chance they can win and they have won 3 of the last 6 away games. It won't be easy to beat West Ham but it sure as hell can be done as they have only won 3 and drawn 3 away from home and only scored 15 goals.  

They’re gonna have home advantage and those fans are going to be loud and proud. I wouldn’t write Everton off at all. We have home advantage and a number of our fans are boycotting the game 😂

Edited by phoneticerror

11 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I've said pretty much this from day one ... that by winning a few easy games towards the end of last season, it masked all sorts of problems.   If we had finished low down, it might have given the club serious food for thought that Mr Rodgers time was coming to an end.    A disastrous start to this season might have made getting rid of Rodgers a real posibility.

(I say "might" as there's no guarentee that the media's love-in with BR wouldn't still have affected the Board's decision).

I went to Burnley last season on 1st March, and I was seriously worried that if we lost that match (and the following one home to Leeds), we would get into a nosedive tailspin and get relegated.    When we beat Burnley 2-0, I genuinely felt we'd avoided relegation.    The underlying problems were all there, if anyone at the Club had just opened their eyes.   The away defeat at Forest in the Cup should've been enough for anyone.

Anyway ... I'm an natural optimist, and haven't given up all hope.  Yet.

• Like 3