Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
daddylonglegs

When did you lose hope?

It’s infuriating. I gave up hope in my head 6 months ago, I’ve lost track of the number of conversations I’ve had with friends agreeing that we’re gone. And yet I still woke up this morning thinking “if these lads could play to their full ability tonight for once and pick up three points it could still happen.” 
Really pissed off with myself. 

February 2019 as I never wanted the cvnt here.

I had seen what liverpool fans had said also what Celtic fans had said.

His injury record followed him along with his borefest tactics. Then his blame game and lies.

Oh nearly forgot that useless cvnt Congerton.

28 minutes ago, Death by Football said:

It’s infuriating. I gave up hope in my head 6 months ago, I’ve lost track of the number of conversations I’ve had with friends agreeing that we’re gone. And yet I still woke up this morning thinking “if these lads could play to their full ability tonight for once and pick up three points it could still happen.” 

Actually applying logic to predict football is often useless. The only exception in PL terms is that the Manchester machine almost always win. Every other team can go from crap to good from one match to another. We could certainly win one of these games but I don't think both of them.

Honestly...last summer and looking back it was bloomin obvious

A manager who looked down and depressed all summer. no new transfers in and not enough players leaving. It was stale and desperately needed a refresh. okay later emerged that we were out of money and couldn't get deals done. In that scenario Rodgers should have been moved on, if you can't refresh the players what you need to do is change the management.

I'm not saying this would have saved us from relegation but we may have had a chance with a better start to the season.

I lost hope in 2014/15. Even though we weren't completely awful, after that run we went on, I was resigned to relegation. Never in a million years did I think we would do what we did.

Fast-forward to today. This team seems completely devoid of the guts, character and defensive solidity required to get ourselves out of this mess. But we know they can play well and, on their day, give several teams in this division a good hiding.

Tonight will be tough, almost as tough as it gets in this league at the moment. St. James's Park will be bouncing and Newcastle only need a point to secure Champions League football.

But I'm hopeful. There is pressure on Newcastle now. They're expcected to win this game handsomely. And sometimes it's a really tough task to get over the line.

We have to approach this game without fear. There's no point waiting for the West Ham game to do it. We have to do it on Sunday AND today to get the job done ourselves.

I'll lose hope the moment relegation is confirmed. But until then, we can still do it.

• Like 1

I keep losing hope for this season, then something pulls me back and I am now convinced that we have a couple of performances left in this squad to save ourselves.

The problem is I have had this for the Bournemouth, Leeds, Fulham & Liverpool games.  They then spectacularly let us all down.  Even when we inevitably lose heavily tonight I will still watch the West Ham game thinking there is still a chance and they will then fail again.  I ****ing hate this team for putting me through the ringer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Death by Football said:

Haha, that's just football though. Beauty of it is that over 90 mins, anyone can beat anyone in this league. 

The question should really have been about when you 'first' gave up, because I imagine basically every fan has had a little bit of hope re-installed since Rodgers left. It's totally gone for me now, but can definitely understand why after this weekend's results, some are still thinking the impossible is on. 

The unfortunate reality is that this is a side who concede goals for fun & we'll be 2 or 3-0 down within 30 mins tonight. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

I keep losing hope for this season, then something pulls me back and I am now convinced that we have a couple of performances left in this squad to save ourselves.

There's not much to suggest we have any performances in this squad.

But there is a chance of us just being lucky on the last weekend...! 

(More chance of that than of us suddenly getting good, anyway!)

1 hour ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

The problem is I have had this for the Bournemouth, Leeds, Fulham & Liverpool games.  They then spectacularly let us all down.  Even when we inevitably lose heavily tonight I will still watch the West Ham game thinking there is still a chance and they will then fail again.  I ****ing hate this team for putting me through the ringer. 

There ought to be about 37 performances left in the squad because the Spurs game was the only one we've seen this season. 

17 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

I've said pretty much this from day one ... that by winning a few easy games towards the end of last season, it masked all sorts of problems.   If we had finished low down, it might have given the club serious food for thought that Mr Rodgers time was coming to an end.    A disastrous start to this season might have made getting rid of Rodgers a real posibility.

(I say "might" as there's no guarentee that the media's love-in with BR wouldn't still have affected the Board's decision).

I went to Burnley last season on 1st March, and I was seriously worried that if we lost that match (and the following one home to Leeds), we would get into a nosedive tailspin and get relegated.    When we beat Burnley 2-0, I genuinely felt we'd avoided relegation.    The underlying problems were all there, if anyone at the Club had just opened their eyes.   The away defeat at Forest in the Cup should've been enough for anyone.

Anyway ... I'm an natural optimist, and haven't given up all hope.  Yet.

Give this man a position on the board 

• Haha 1

On 22/05/2023 at 08:20, lcfcsnow said:

Another flappy collar relegation I said at the same

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought that, when I saw the kit this year it had bad old school flappy collar vibes from a team a lot worse than this but with about the same determination to play crap.