Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle Away

Defensively it is much better, I don't think anyone can deny that. Soumare has to get closer to Trippier (or even better bring him off for Mendy). Maddison for Nacho and I'd even consider Barnes for Vardy at some stage if we're sticking with this shape

Guest nathan.
Just now, bovril said:

Smith has probably made us worse, which is impressive

No he hasn't 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Because if we open up and attack there's too many gaps in the defence and they'll score plenty. 

They are going to score anyway. Its by pure luck we aren't 3-0 down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

No thanks

its unsustainable as it stands 

you can be sure that Howe will tweak things to exploit whatever spaces we are allowing - as it is they’ve had way too many 2 on 1’s given our shape 

no point in kel being so high - he looks understandably rusty and we probably could bring on madders for him and inevitably daka for vards 

I think Nacho will come alive with Maddison on at the same time. Just like a few games ago. Nacho and Maddison are the only two we have hope of nicking a goal. We need them both on together with either Daka or Vardy as distraction.

1 minute ago, Twitcher said:

Can't carry on like this. As we get more tired, it's just a matter of time. Ndidi done very little. Presume Mendy injured.

Have to go for it at some point. We need to win. Even though we've two up front, it's like we are playing a lone striker, they've had so little effect.

I'll say 3-0.

Ndidi has done very little… apart from heading it off the line. 

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Performance means **** all. We’ve gone to frustrate them and so far it’s working. 

It’s clear Smiths ambition is to stay in the game, and then bring Madders and Barnes on, hopefully by this point Newcastle will just have 10 players in our half, and we might, just might catch them on the break…… 

Its all we can do, in our state we can’t match Newcastle man for man, we’ve just got to try and stay in the game and look to Nick one. 

Hardly working though. They've hit the post twice.

• Like 1

Just now, Larry_LCFC said:

They are going to score anyway. Its by pure luck we aren't 3-0 down.

Maybe. But might as well try and frustrate them as long as possible and try and get a goal towards the end. 

• Like 2