Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle Away

1 minute ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Looks like as soon as they get it out there we’re being instructed to drop straight back into a low block. The whole system stinks, sitting off not engaging them, just inviting them on us. It’s like we’ve just given up and said let’s see how long we can defend a 0-0 for.

Same happened last week and Liverpool just passed around the midfield straight onto the back 4. 

The midfield 3 don't won't to, or been told not to engage, the problem being they are letting players run off and get behind them. 

Soumare is just marking space. Trippier will get a cross on a Newcastle head at some point. 

Just now, Ashley said:

Can someone explain Bruno not being sent off please? He twists his foot on Soumare. 

If that's the other way round then it's a red..

It's pathetic isn't it. Ridiculous decision and the fact it was checked so quickly as well is rubbish. 

Don't get how it wasn't upgraded, even if the ref thought it was yellow at first. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ashley said:

Can someone explain Bruno not being sent off please? He twists his foot on Soumare. 

If that's the other way round then it's a red..

It was a red no doubt, got lucky at the end of the half but Newcastle were fortunate with that one 

Reddit football hipster nerds laughing at our xG of a flat 0.00.

These are the games it feels best to win. In off Harry Souttar's arse for all I care. Or a misplaced passback. Make them seethe. :fishing:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AS78UK said:

The game plan worked so far...

To Smiths credit.

Just don't know how we turn this into a win of we can't create a chance to save our lives literally.  

Does he risk creativity to concede? 

Soumare off for Maddison at some point

Just now, StanSP said:

It's pathetic isn't it. Ridiculous decision and the fact it was checked so quickly as well is rubbish. 

Don't get how it wasn't upgraded, even if the ref thought it was yellow at first. 

He probably did know it was a red but just wanted VAR to make the decision for him to avoid the wrath of the crowd.

30 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Media never acknowledges this part of Howe's sides, perhaps one day it'll get picked up.

Just like how Kane backed into opposition players when in mid air for about 5 years, then for one fortnight it was in the spotlight then forgotten

OMG stand corrected, G-Nev has called it out.

But maybe it has been called out on TV previously as I hate most TV pundits so go and do other things before/after and during HT when i watch TV

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

I think Nacho will come alive with Maddison on at the same time. Just like a few games ago. Nacho and Maddison are the only two we have hope of nicking a goal. We need them both on together with either Daka or Vardy as distraction.

Cant see us opening up the game - we’ll just hope not to concede and maybe get a few set pieces late on 

we’ll definitely bring on Barnes at some point for his pace and maybe madders to try and win those set pieces 

Just now, Pliskin said:

We’re still in this. It’s 0-0…. Considering how many games we’ve come off losing at half time, this isn’t bad. The lads will take some confidence from this. There’s another 45, it is however critical that Smith gets the next bit right. Get Barnes and Madders on and stretch the game a little. It just takes one ball in to Vardy, and he can Nick a goal. 

This isn't about being good. Its like watching one of those international games where Macedonia beat Italy. The position we are in, we can't go out trying to flair play teams off the park in their home ground.

A few things i noticed, Isaak blowing hard and a few yellow card dotted around. If we can hold out they will get more and more frustrated, or we could see a 2nd yellow somewhere. 

This is going to be an interested 45 minutes, and not because i am watching good football.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

It could be he's hoping to wear out Newcastle, force a few cards, and then throw some attackers on to hit them quickly?

That sounds like a plan.......nah whom i kidding that aint gonna happen, he will make subs at 60mins brendan style and they will be like for like, nothing will change.

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

To who? 

Not the owners or his advisors. Not the players either

To the club and supporters, hopefully to the players. It's massive for the club to stay up, we'll be fkd if we go down.