Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle Away

1 minute ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

No surprise Sky haven’t focused on the most blatant red this side of Marrakesh 

2 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

and they dont even mention the bruno foul on sky either,

im done with the premier league

To be fair they just did before the break. 

1 minute ago, MancFox24 said:

Defensively it is much better, I don't think anyone can deny that. Soumare has to get closer to Trippier (or even better bring him off for Mendy). Maddison for Nacho and I'd even consider Barnes for Vardy at some stage if we're sticking with this shape

No, thank you. We are lucky not to be down 2-0 already. We have no attacking threat. Evan if we want to keep the defensive shape, we need players who can at least string a few passes together. We need Madders on for Ndidi. Madders can do a job defensively where Ndidi is. Or Mendy.

I wouldn’t mind to also try Mendy for Soumare. 

Daka on for Vardy at some stage when Vardy tires.

Just now, splinterdream said:

I would put amartey on for Thomas who is the weak link and maddison on for tielemens who has done very little 

Great plan, there’ll be no weak link then.

1 minute ago, Leeds Fox said:

Soumare needs hooking.

I don’t think it’s through lack of effort, but he is (and always will be bar the odd game) so far off it. 

Constantly in no-man’s land. 

Thing is. 

Castagne is playing the RWB role okay other than the first 10 minutes were ISAK done him every time with the give and go. Thomas needs to play a little higher like Castagne. 

Soumare is having to do the marking out wide and why he's looking lost. 

5 minutes ago, kingston_fox said:

Utterly disgusting performance... 

It might be a disgusting plan (it's not) but the effort put into executing the plan is pretty decent. Which is a massive upgrade on the last couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

Ref needs to toughen up 2nd half. Cant keep allowing their tactical fouls to go unpunished. I know Isak eventually got booked but they could have easily had a few more yellows. Bruno could also have been off. What was he even doing? An absolutely dreadful challenge! If that was the other way round then Newcastle surround the ref and its a red. Happens to us and our players do nothing and the ref gives a yellow. Whilst I don't like or condone getting at the ref, we are in a dire situation where we need any little gain we can. 

Just now, Corky said:

Barnes on to get us up the pitch.

Nice to see tactical fouling praised 

Talksport were very excited about the tactical fouling and Howes subscription to this side of the game.

Its weird.

Just now, CWC1983 said:

Same happened last week and Liverpool just passed around the midfield straight onto the back 4. 

The midfield 3 don't won't to, or been told not to engage, the problem being they are letting players run off and get behind them. 

Soumare is just marking space. Trippier will get a cross on a Newcastle head at some point. 

They’re all marking space mate, Ndidi just stands and watches as the ball gets pinged around, Tielemans doesn’t know who to go with. Midfield 3 looks like they’re being instructed, as soon as we’re out of possession they quickly retreat to that flat narrow 3. Problem is the amount of space between the lines. As you said, we give them so much space to run off us and thread the ball through.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Can't carry on like this. As we get more tired, it's just a matter of time. Ndidi done very little. Presume Mendy injured.

Have to go for it at some point. We need to win. Even though we've two up front, it's like we are playing a lone striker, they've had so little effect.

I'll say 3-0.

I don’t believe Tielemans could get more tired tbh.