Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle Away

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Didnt think it was a red personally, would have been ridiculously harsh. Clearly made a quick stab at the ball and just missed it.

Save red cards for genuinely back challenges, not something that's innocent and ends up looking bad

Missed it be about 18 inches

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

Crazy to take Nacho off. He is the only guy who could make things happen up top. Should have taken Ndidi off for Madders and go for it.

He’s clearly not fit, it was a bit of a gamble to start him, hopefully, a run around today through will get him ready for West Ham on the weekend.

• Like 2

Just now, filbertway said:

Well yeah, I swear people watch replays in slow motion and forget that its not actually real time.

It was a short quick movement. In what world can he do whatever magic people want him to do and pull his leg back 5 milliseconds later? lol

People see the studs go into the leg and think red, fair enough but I prefer to look at the actual intent rather than the result.

It really wasn’t quick in real time imho

19 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Looks like as soon as they get it out there we’re being instructed to drop straight back into a low block. The whole system stinks, sitting off not engaging them, just inviting them on us. It’s like we’ve just given up and said let’s see how long we can defend a 0-0 for.

Exactly this, and it we know it will cost us. When Smith arrived I wasn't over the moon but with Terry and Shakey I only really thought there were 2 things we needed to see us over the line. 1) Basic defensive organization, 2) fight for the badge, and was excited for seeing this. 
We've done neither over the course of Smiths time here. Defensively as bad as we were, arguably sometimes worse, and a real lack of intensity and effort from most of the squad. 

Smith is a nice guy, and this isn't his fault, but he really has not proven he's up to this level. 

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 1

Just now, Aus Fox said:

He’s clearly not fit, it was a bit of a gamble to start him, hopefully, a run around today through will get him ready for West Ham on the weekend.

It is a must win for us this game. He just didn’t have any service as we have not tried to play.

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

Exactly this, and it we know it will cost us. When Smith arrived I wasn't over the moon but with Terry and Shakey I only really thought there were 2 things we needed to see us over the line. 1) Basic defensive organization, 2) fight for the badge, and was excited for seeing this. 
We've done neither over the course of Smiths time here. Defensively as bad as we were, arguably sometimes worse, and a real lack of intensity and effort from most of the squad. 

Smith is a nice guy, and this isn't his fault, but he really has not proven he's up to this level. 

rather than not proven he's up to it, I'd argue he's proven he's not.

Too nice

• Thanks 1

Guest Mee-9

Wonder if Iversen’s worked on his kicking.

Last week he’d have punted 6 out for a throw in by now. 

I know we're playing 11 men behind the ball but we could be so much more intelligent and sensible on the ball whenever we happen to get it. At least try and lump it forward to wherever Vardy is... 

• Like 1