Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle 0-0 LCFC - Post-Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

It's weird, I've been consigned to relegation for weeks. Accepted it. Got myself excited for some of the away days. But for some reason that point tonight feels massive to me. 

Yeah me too, gave up ages ago yet despite that every bloody game just hoping we’ll turn it around

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Piss poor gameplan. Weak mentality. We needed 3 points and we serve up 1 shot. I'm sorry but we deserve nothing but relegation if thats our strategy to survive. Compare Forest's survival attempt to ours. We are pathetic.

Forest were at home against a side that blew the title week before, was only going to be one winner. We playing a side away that on verge of champions League completely different type of game.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Am I the only one who thought that was an exceptional performance? Did you not see the stadium before the game? They were expecting to hammer us!

I’m over the moon to see us defend well, try our guts out and to get a point when none of us thought we would.

It’s so refreshing to see some sort of thought behind the game plan and it being executed.

However, we were VERY lucky too.

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Would've been a good result earlier on in the season

But at this stage with the table as it is we needed 3 points

Need to hope now that we beat West Ham and that Everton don't win against Bournemouth

No shit

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I agree 3-5 games ago it's a much better result.

But I'd have rather got a 0-0 today than open up and get pumped 4-0 or 5-0.

Am I content with a draw? No.

Would I have rather lost than drawn it? No.

Either way we'd have to win on Sunday so not losing today was just as important.

Sorry, but it's quite obviously not the worst performance of the season. There are plenty of other contenders for that this season. If I may say, I think that's hyperbole borne out of frustration.

Again I respect your point but for me its not hyperbole. Never ever have we needed a performance more and we were served up with that and without the luck we had any other day it could have been 3-0. 

We made no attempt to win the game when it was in our own hands.

We just did Dyche's team talk for him.

One point more than I expected and our GD didn't get raped.

I think we'll go ahead against West Ham but news will filter through of Everton going 1,2 then 3 up vs Bournemouth and we'll lose motivation and end up drawing 1-1:ph34r:

12 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

One thing that I'm holding on to, Everton's luck has to run out at some point. 

Reckon they'll go, after Bournemouth score a late winner.

Goodison Park would be in a very angry state, potentially.

• Like 1

Just now, Col city fan said:

Am I the only one who thought that was an exceptional performance? Did you not see the stadium before the game? They were expecting to hammer us!

I’m over the moon to see us defend well, try our guts out and to get a point when none of us thought we would.

It’s so refreshing to see some sort of thought behind the game plan and it being executed.

However, we were VERY lucky too.

Look at the chances they had with us sat back, they'd of been out of sight at half time had we tried to go after them

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Obviously a draw doesn't get us out the dropzone and it's now out of our hands, but we had to stop conceding lots of goals early on and the game being lost by 30 minutes. We're still in with a chance, a slightly better one than if we'd lost. On to Sunday.

I don't get how people are failing to comprehend this lol 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

People are content as we were the only team in the top 5 leagues in Europe to not have a clean sheet. Leaking goals has what's got us in this mess! A clean sheet against a good Newcastle team will do wonders for our confidence. It was a good game plan and we almost nicked it in the end. Or would you rather have us go toe to toe and concede within 10 minutes again? A point is decent, means Everton need a win if we win. 

You're talking like this is 8 games ago!

If this was the Liverpool game I might even have agreed. Now though?

This was our last chance to keep our fate in our own hands and we didnt even attempt to. Now we're going to have to pray Everton don't win to have any chance of staying up. Going down with a whimper. Embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Why the **** are we going for a draw? Iverson as well? Just **** off 

That’s what I was saying. I was never on the players’ back before this game. People say here they don’t give a crap, I defended them. But after this game, when all is on the line, we can’t even back ourselves to try to win in the last 20

mins, 10 mins, or even 5 mins. We were happy to time waste as if we are defending a lead. Smith was calling for the players to attack.

• Like 1

Surprised at the general reaction that it was okay. We had to win that and we only tried to do so for five minutes ar the end. But for the post, and a couple of good saves it could/should have been 5-0.

We all know Everton will beat Bournemouth. We've just sealed our fate.

To be honest though do we want to stay up if we're watching teams tickle our tummies for 85 minutes?

There was effort, from most. That's it.

Disappointed with that.

I don't know. A good result, if taken out of context, which wasn't particularly deserved. They worked hard enough, if you take the aim as being a point, nuts as that may seem to me. In a week's time there's a fair chance we'll be saying, 'that was a must win that we didn't try to win.' Regardless of the admirable application tonight, if the death knell of the season is a must-win game that we can't be arsed to even try to win, then that'd be in keeping with the rest of our season.