Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle 0-0 LCFC - Post-Match Thread

5 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

We kept a clean sheet and nearly scored. Vast improvement. You can't deny it. Yes it was shit, but it's been shitterz for most of the season. 

10 games ago you’d have a point. Considering whats at stake not having an attempt on goal until the 92nd minute is pathetic. Its indefensible. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KP Fox said:

At least we only have to rely on just one team to do us a favour! 

If Bournemouth have any sense they'll want to keep us up. They're guaranteed three points off us at their place every year, you have to go back to Super Kev and his Zimmer frame for our last win there! 

• Haha 1

This was so damn stressful to watch and I was on a bloody zoom call.

When we almost scored at the end people thought I'd fainted lol!

Damn I wanted that ball to so go in. Bloody magpies.

Wish they didn't need that point so badly. We could have won this game.

At the end of the day this was probably about the best plan spiffy could come up with.

We did not concede and played like we gave a damn bodies on the line, tackles, intercepts christ where was this fight in the last few games?

Why have we left it so damn late.

It's in god's hands now what happens on the final day. Flippin heck we're all gonna be bournemouth supporters next week.

Still have to beat west ham!

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Look at the chances they had with us sat back, they'd of been out of sight at half time had we tried to go after them

Spot on Tom

I’m amazed anyone thought we had the ability to play open football. We’d have ****ed up in transition and isolated that back three. Brighton one of the best in the league but couldn’t do it. 

Bizarre officiating performance - Bruno should have been off, Isak a shout of being off, Trippier booked, Longstaff continuously fouling. Then to top it off, he reversed it last ten minutes - give everything us. 

Yeah I really don’t know what to think of that performance right now. Other than why the **** Souttar hasnt been playing and why the determination to track runners hasnt been there 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 3

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

Question:  What is the maximum number of games a team has lost in one season and yet still avoided relegation?

We could set a new record!  lol

Another record in premier league history I don't think anyone has been relegated who scored 50 goals or more. 

• Like 1

I understand the plan, no point turning up to go toe to toe and be pumped for 4 or 5. In isolation a good result, this result won’t take us down. It’s the defeats to the likes of Southampton, Bournemouth,  not beating Everton and Leeds are the results that will see us relegated. 

• Like 2

Just now, Claudio Fannieri said:

I understand the plan, no point turning up to go toe to toe and be pumped for 4 or 5. In isolation a good result, this result won’t take us down. It’s the defeats to the likes of Southampton, Bournemouth,  not beating Everton and Leeds are the results that will see us relegated. 

Maddison penalty will haunt me for a long long time

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Again I respect your point but for me its not hyperbole. Never ever have we needed a performance more and we were served up with that and without the luck we had any other day it could have been 3-0. 

We made no attempt to win the game when it was in our own hands.

You've seen us this season though so I'll save the passive aggressive nature of a reply lol 

Surely you can see how leaky we've been when we're so open though? We needed a performance, and it was nowhere near pretty today, but an attacking performance today against a side like Newcastle, would have just lead to a loss. That's more likely than going forward and actually winning the game. When did we last to that - attack a game, get a lead (?!), hold on to it? 

We might not have made an attacking attempt to win the game, but we were actually inches away from winning tonight in stoppage time with the game at 0-0?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Am I the only one who thought that was an exceptional performance? Did you not see the stadium before the game? They were expecting to hammer us!

I’m over the moon to see us defend well, try our guts out and to get a point when none of us thought we would.

It’s so refreshing to see some sort of thought behind the game plan and it being executed.

However, we were VERY lucky too.

The defending was great, the problem is we forgot how to attack, and then ignored the manager telling us to on the sideline lol It's a great defensive performance but if we had done that from the start of Smiths reign we might be going into the final game in a half decent position! 

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Was there not more fight and desire in this game than there was at Fulham? 

We wanted to shithouse a win, and we nearly got it. It's not about 'defending' the performance. But if you can't see what the plan was then there's not really any point in discussing it.

Look how open we've been in several games before tonight. Of course we had to win, and we actually nearly did with how the game panned out for that Castagne chance. But had we played how we have for the past 15-20 games, we'd have lost. Simple as that. 

'If you don't win the game, at least don't lose it' is probably a fitting football adage here.

Exactly this. If the Castagne chance had gone in, we'd have been calling it a Smith masterclass, albeit in shithousery. 

Whatever other teams do on Sunday, we still have to take care of our own business, which is not a foregone conclusion. 

• Like 1

I just don’t get that performance. As a few have said, this would’ve been perfect 3 or 4 games ago, bringing some confidence back into the team, reducing individual error and building on it. 

As it stands, we now have to win and hope Everton lose at home to a team who will be on the beach. No way Everton don’t win that which is a shame, if ever there was a team in need of relegation, it’s Everton. 

• Like 2