Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle 0-0 LCFC - Post-Match Thread

Just now, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

That half arsed effort in the final 5 can't class as a crack. It was a limp pathetic end. We should have been fighting for our survival. 

Honestly, you seem like a guy who's either got his extra strong blue tinted glasses on, or someone who would moan if we finished in second place next season in the Premier league. We are not the team we were. A point away at Newcastle is far more than what most people expected from us today. There was far more fight than in previous games. That point next week could prove pivotal! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

He has done a great job. As for for it being great to see Newcastle in the top 4 I'm gonna have to strongly disagree there. They're owned by a country who torture and kill people for speaking out. I'd still rather be going down with our owners than getting in the champions league with theirs 

Agree it's not great because they managed to do it and we didn't. But whilst I'd have shared your sentiments prior to their takeover, the fact that it was allowed to go through was the end of the last tiny shred of integrity football had, so I'd rather watch my team be successful than not.

Just now, Clarkeyblue said:

How come that challenge on Soumare was not a red???

Another VAR cock up!!

We haven't deserved any luck this season and can't really moan about it but the fact that and the Sabitzer one against Man U weren't given is an utter disgrace.

• Like 2

I genuinely wonder what some people on here expect.

That's a Newcastle side that have ripped a new one for most of the teams in the league this season. We were never going there to outplay them or go all out attack it would have been football suicide. Look at the pre-match posts, we all thought we were on for a smashing tonight.

We've just ground out a point with a defensive display we were desperately missing against so many teams in the last 3 months. Yes we're still behind Everton but Everton need to get a win without DCL against a Bournemouth side who have been in form. A point is no good, they have to go for the 3 points which will help Bournemouth.

If we go out to attack tonight and concede 2 or 3, we're behind Everton AND Leeds and need BOTh to lose.

We've got a chance, we just need to take our chance and hope.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Come on. The idea was clearly to avoid an early goal, given the way we've responded to letting one in the rest of the season. Then try to pick up momentum with 25 minutes left. 

It's hardly a bizarre plan given who/where we were playing and how we've been playing. 

If you want to delude yourself that going at them from the off would have led to a win, have at it. 

These same clowns would have been shedding tears of rage as we capitulated 3-0 inside 40 minutes too. Far too many consigned us to relegation weeks ago, fans giving up left right and centre. We’re going into the final day with a fair chance now.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

That's a defeatist attitude for me. If we had played to our strength (attack) anything could have happened as the pressure was on Newcastle too and our two top scorers Barnes and Maddison were left on the bench when Newcastle would love to have both of them. If we finally scored first I fancied us to overwhelm them.

As it stands now us and Everton win next week and we're gone which is basically the same position we would have been in anyway.

Haha are you kidding me?! 

OK firstly! When was the last time we scored first even going out to play to our 'strength'. 

Secondly when have we overwhelmed any team this season never mind a Newcastle team that's the best Newcastle team for a considerable amount of years!? 

Thirdly - if we went to play to our strengths, went all out attack and lost 5-4 would you be happy? 

If only we'd gone 5 at the back directly after taking the lead against Everton. We wouldn’t be in this position. If only Brendan changed Iverson for Ward sooner. If only the club knew Kasper's worth last summer. If only Top wasn't so indecisive and sacked Brendan sooner. If only they didn't let Albrighton and Ayoze go in January. If only....... 

I'm probably just guilty of having little to no expectations, but as much as a win kept it in our hands, if we went out to try and get that win Newcastle would have ripped us apart. Then we're looking at an Everton defeat and Leeds failing to win, as well as winning ourselves to keep us up. The three of those happening is pretty unlikely. Now we just have to beat a WHU side with one eye on their biggest game in years, and Everton drop points Vs Bournemouth which isn't impossible whatsoever. Not saying i'm putting money on us to stay up, I'd rather go down this way than having it in our own hands going in to the final day and ****ing up lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Honestly, you seem like a guy who's either got his extra strong blue tinted glasses on, or someone who would moan if we finished in second place next season in the Premier league. We are not the team we were. A point away at Newcastle is far more than what most people expected from us today. There was far more fight than in previous games. That point next week could prove pivotal! 

Okay. We'll agree to disagree. Delighted with the clean sheet. But survival needed the 3 points. So some attacking intent was required. But let's see where the draw takes on Sunday 

3 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Newcastle are a quality side but Eddie Howe is the absolute master of shithousery. Behind that smiling, polite facade is a Lord of the Dark Arts. The level of heavy, tactical fouls in that game by Newcastle was outstanding. Pretty much every break was shut down by an early foul at the point of the break. The referee was weak and that’s key to its success. Playing on the break is a legitimate tactic of teams under the cosh against a team dominating possession. Tactical fouling has become a disease of the teams that dominate with attacking possession- the big 6 (7 now I guess) and PGMOL let them get away with it. 

Agree, his Bournemouth sides were the same but you’d understand it a bit more as they were underdogs more often. If Bournemouth got ahead you could forget there being any more football that day, their injury feigning and delayed goal kicks make our Arsenal, Chelsea and Fulham games look fluent in comparison. 

Look at the K DH bookings v Villa or Peres Red at West Ham last season compared to some of todays assaults, it’ll be interesting what Europes fusspot officials make of them next season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Not if we didn't even try 🤦‍♂️

Have you seen us play this season? Everyone thought we were going to lose that by 4 or 5. Only Arsenal and Liverpool have won there. Keep it tight, nick one. If Castagne scores at the end, it's called a masterclass.

• Like 2