Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle 0-0 LCFC - Post-Match Thread

1 minute ago, The boy Linacre said:

And interesting G Nev pointed it out too, so the football world know it but as you say the PGMOL don't, hopefully YET

It’s a professional foul, no attempt to win the ball just stopping the man. For some reason, if the challenge is in the half of the team breaking, the ref seems reluctant to book unless the player could’ve been hurt. Even in the last few minutes an absolute shocker of a tactical foul by Trippier on Barnes at the point of break was given as a free kick with barely a word with the full back. Newcastle were allowed to reset, Trippier wasn’t booked and put at risk of a red and we got a free kick in a non-threatening area. 

• Like 1

Draw was as good as we could have possibly hoped for being realistic. Newcastle at home is probably the toughest away ground to go to this season bar man City. 

The damage has been done way before tonight. Tonight we saw a bit of fight and resilience at least. 

Pressure's all on Everton now as long as do our job of course. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Erm, so do we?!?! And if we don't, they don't. So it's no more on them than us.

Yeah but Everton might be caught in 2 minds. We know we have to win. Full stop. A draw means nothing to us. 

9 minutes ago, jerry said:

One point from the first seven games and now one win in the last 14 we would only survive due to other sides equal incompetence.

I am used to every season, the team finishing 4th from bottom being absolutely brilliant!

3 minutes ago, Clarkeyblue said:

How come that challenge on Soumare was not a red???

Another VAR cock up!!

The league is corrupt, can't have a Merseyside derby if one is in the Championship, they need to keep Everton up and it's good for the comp to get Newcastle into the CL.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Souttar was a man mountain, shame on this management for ignoring him previously.

We wouldn't have won that tonight playing any differently but we should have properly gone for it the last 15 mins.

I was staggered that he wasn't selected v Everton, when DCL had free reign to win everything in the air. A hideous decision from Smith. 

Souttar was outstanding tonight. Aided I suspect by Evans relishing the pastoral role. 

Apart from that absurd corner Castagne gave away on 80mins he was good too - Isak then  ASM ffs.

LT - I'm his biggest critic - was pretty decent. I love Youri but he was awol. Wilf at best patchy. Soumare steady. 

What some people don’t seem to understand is that effectively we faced a choice of taking a huge risk of a loss for the tiny chance of winning or doing what we did and avoid defeat at all costs.

If we’d gone for broke the most likely outcome would be that we’d have lost and be all but down. This way we may still go down but at least we have a chance.

• Like 3

Just now, hejammy said:

Haha are you kidding me?! 

OK firstly! When was the last time we scored first even going out to play to our 'strength'. 

Secondly when have we overwhelmed any team this season never mind a Newcastle team that's the best Newcastle team for a considerable amount of years!? 

Thirdly - if we went to play to our strengths, went all out attack and lost 5-4 would you be happy? 

It's long overdue and our attack is the only thing that has been working. Unfortunately nobody has tried actually playing to that strength so far this season.

But essentially yes, I would rather we gave it our best attempt and if we're second best so be it. Next to f**k all changes as we still need to win next week anyway.

2% odds improvement isn't worth parking the bus and never attempting to even move it forward for me.

10 minutes ago, nathan. said:

Everton will batter Bournemouth at goodison

Form suggests they don't. DCL is a doubt. Remember, they have to win to guarantee it.

On the final day lots is going to go out of the window. Its going to be mayhem.

1 minute ago, FreoBondy said:

The league is corrupt, can't have a Merseyside derby if one is in the Championship, they need to keep Everton up and it's good for the comp to get Newcastle into the CL.

lol I don't think anyone cares about the merseyside  derby outside of merseyside, surely they want the mighty Liverpool to get top four

2 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Have you seen us play this season? Everyone thought we were going to lose that by 4 or 5. Only Arsenal and Liverpool have won there. Keep it tight, nick one. If Castagne scores at the end, it's called a masterclass.

That's a big if. The xG shows it was essentially impossible for us to win as we didn't attempt to and also that the fact we didn't concede was more luck than judgement. 

That result in the Liverpool game when we had more time would have been good enough but not tonight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iancognito said:

Apart from Brighton they can't hit a barn door and Calvert-Lewin is out again.

Barely laid a glove on Wolves.

All rests on DCL. Without him, they are shocking. More or less the only games he's played this season is is and Brighton. Both games outstanding 

3 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Think you've misunderstood my post. I was happy with the strategy for 65mins. But then the switch has to be flipped. But we didn't - again - 'tge whole fecking game' I 

'Flipped'?

Harvey Barnes and Daka to come on, and a midfield that can't pass wind. The 'switch' is a dimmer you can only turn right a few degrees. 

I was fully expecting one less path to survival after tonight. 

27 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

Forest were at home against a side that blew the title week before, was only going to be one winner. We playing a side away that on verge of champions League completely different type of game.

Their players have been fighting for weeks to stay up. Determined, energised, invested. We have genuinely looked, bar one or two, like we couldn't give a ****.