Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle 0-0 LCFC - Post-Match Thread

26 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

He has done a great job. As for for it being great to see Newcastle in the top 4 I'm gonna have to strongly disagree there. They're owned by a country who torture and kill people for speaking out. I'd still rather be going down with our owners than getting in the champions league with theirs 

Agree on the ownership 100% 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Oh boy I give up.

A) Everton now need a win and nothing less, the pressure is on them, with DCL they struggle to get goals. 

B) It gives us hope and confidence. 

C) Going out to play to our 'strengths' according to you would have resulted in either a high scoring loss, or a high scoring loss! Ruining our better goal difference and putting us in a much worse position. 

The 2% improvement in the odds is just from last week. It would have been like 15% worse if we had gone all out and lost. 

Agree to disagree.

Fingers crossed we get luckier than we deserve next week and Everton shit the bed worse than us. I won't hold my breath though.

1 minute ago, Dames said:

The only thing that kept us from a high scoring loss is some comedic attacking from Newcastle, a couple of goal line clearances and the post several times. 

It wasn’t a defensive masterclass like people are making out, we really rode our luck at times. 

In every game there's an element of luck. Goal line clearances are not generally luck, right place at the right time and the desire to keep it out. This is what we had. No denying we were lucky at times, you could argue that Newcastle were lucky with Timmys shot on that same argument. 

• Like 1

That save by Pope from Castagne was maybe the season defining moment as things stand  - and why we've now made it easy for Everton to stay up I would think. If they were playing either Arsenal or Man City at home to decide the title between the two then it would be a different matter but Bournemouth have been on the beach for a week now and I can hardly see them going all out to stop an Everton win. Pity. That said I was wrong about the result tonight!  

The thing is everyone is missing. 

1 Bournemouth concede goals, by the bucket full at times. Only Leeds are worse. Averaging almost 2 a game. 

2. It wont be a graveyard at Goodison. They will be bang at it, hotels getting woken up, fire alarms, fireworks the whole job. 

3. Bournemouth have nothing to play for, zero, they wont fancy it, at all. 

4. Everton have earned 26 points without DCL. 

5. This is crucial, David Moyes is still an Everton supporter at heart. 

6. There will be WHU players trying to get into that cup final team, theyll play with no fear. 

3 minutes ago, Guy said:

Bournemouth have been on the beach for a week now and I can hardly see them going all out to stop an Everton win. Pity. That said I was wrong about the result tonight!  

To be fair, it's not far to go, so they shouldn't be too tired. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

In every game there's an element of luck. Goal line clearances are not generally luck, right place at the right time and the desire to keep it out. This is what we had. No denying we were lucky at times, you could argue that Newcastle were lucky with Timmys shot on that same argument. 

Agree with the goal line clearances but they carved us open several times, we didn’t shut them out or negate them we just rode our luck and relied on some fantastic last ditch efforts.

13 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Their players have been fighting for weeks to stay up. Determined, energised, invested. We have genuinely looked, bar one or two, like we couldn't give a ****.

But tonight we did, maybe it too late but we are still in it,something we didn't expect at the start of weekend most people saying we would be down by Monday night. Football is a funny game you never know how it will end 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Come on. The idea was clearly to avoid an early goal, given the way we've responded to letting one in the rest of the season. Then try to pick up momentum with 25 minutes left. 

It's hardly a bizarre plan given who/where we were playing and how we've been playing. 

If you want to delude yourself that going at them from the off would have led to a win, have at it. 

We were wasting time in the first minute, I think it's clear we were playing for the draw 

18 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

What some people don’t seem to understand is that effectively we faced a choice of taking a huge risk of a loss for the tiny chance of winning or doing what we did and avoid defeat at all costs.

If we’d gone for broke the most likely outcome would be that we’d have lost and be all but down. This way we may still go down but at least we have a chance.

Only one win in 14 and expect to go to Newcastle and win ? Deluded, now the pressure could be on Everton especially if we actually take the lead in a match for a change.

• Like 1

Nice to keep a clean sheet, but that point will mean fvck all on Sunday when Everton turn Bournemouth over.

Needing 3 points today but settling for a point is just another example of why we deserve to be down.

• Like 1