Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle 0-0 LCFC - Post-Match Thread

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It’s going to take something special. You’d just hope they buckle under pressure and we dont

Anyone know the catering team for Everton..i hear their yogurt is out of date pre-game....:ph34r:

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Haha 1

If we go down and chances are we will a 0-0 draw against Newcastle was not the result that relegated us. look back over the season and we have squandered so many points. To stop them scoring was a big ask tonight, i  watch that challenge on Soumare and only see a red card. Get caughts high and follows through that would have changed the game. Thing is if we go down i will be p1ssed will i stop supporting the team no. At least we have a chance and a better one than before the game

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I would say missing that penalty against Everton to make it 3-1 was far more damaging 

That as well! Jesus - one look at the bottom four and the form table with it - and Everton are the only ones from us all who've won one of their last five games! No wonder 36 points will be good enough to keep anybody up this season as opposed to the bog standard 40 of not so long ago! 

1 minute ago, Guy said:

That as well! Jesus - one look at the bottom four and the form table with it - and Everton are the only ones from us all who've won one of their last five games! No wonder 36 points will be good enough to keep anybody up this season as opposed to the bog standard 40 of not so long ago! 

I think it’s only been 40 once in the last 20 years. Perry much always mid 30s

56 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I get the plan but we weren't all busting a gut at the end as Iversen farted about and Nidi sat on the floor.

Souttar immense.

The agony continues...

Agree with you about understanding  the plan. The disappointing thing is when we did win the ball back instead of having a bit of composure or trying to fashion a break we turned into full on John smiths mode . Just an aimless boot anywhere.  Balls always going to come straight back.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, katieakita said:

If we go down and chances are we will a 0-0 draw against Newcastle was not the result that relegated us. look back over the season and we have squandered so many points. To stop them scoring was a big ask tonight, i  watch that challenge on Soumare and only see a red card. Get caughts high and follows through that would have changed the game. Thing is if we go down i will be p1ssed will i stop supporting the team no. At least we have a chance and a better one than before the game

This isn't in the top 20 worst results of the season. It has occurred at the wrong time.

Maybe next time we shouldn't go to top sides having to win?

• Like 3

Delighted with that result tonight and finally showing some guts. Means the crowd have something to get behind and we're best with a siege mentality. I can see us being cheered on to 3ots vs west ham, it's whether Everton do the business at least we have a shout and they have to win, if we'd lost it would be pretty much over as you can't see Everton actually losing to Bournemouth. 

1 minute ago, An Away Move said:

No need for apologies if English is your second language. Two languages is more than most of us here can manage!

It's not mate. Lol

I type like shite on phones. In person I am less drunk haha

• Haha 1

Every single person on this forum thought that Newcastle would hammer us. 

I wish we were a little more adventurous at the end but who are we kidding? We’re shit.

A point has cancelled out Leeds and that Yerry Mina equaliser. Sure it’d be nice to have it in our own hands, but it’d be nice to have won at the Etihad or beaten Liverpool too. 

I trust Bournemouth to hold Everton more than I trusted us to win at St.James Park. I think we’ll go down, but I didn’t even give us a sniff after Craven Cottage.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

Very undeserved point, in a lot of ways. I wish I could be happy with it but I am just wondering where that performance was against Everton and Leeds. 

It was..we drew them both.

Tonight isn’t where it went wrong. It’s been wrong all season. We probably got it right tonight in terms of tactics, but being 3-0 at half time against Fulham is where you lose ground. 

We can all hope, but the bottom line is we’re done. We will probably lose next weekend, as will Everton. We can’t take any chance given to us, Newcastle could have not bothered to send any players out at half time and we still wouldn’t have scored. 

The club has hit a wall, and nothing will change until wholesale changes are done. Rudkin has to go, as do several other members of the board. 

The problem is, these are issues that should have been sorted last year, and they were not. We’re now in a position where we are rotten to the core and are about to go down, under a board that refuse to accept it to be the case and somehow we need to rebuild the club into a promotion candidate? 

It aint happening. I would say just enjoy being a premier league team for another week, there’s some very rocky roads ahead people, you might find yourself re watching the title winning season just to remember what good times were. 

18 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I’ve not had first-hand experience of this (fortunately) but they say when someone is terminally ill in hospital, just before they pass away, they perk up and it seems like their pain is gone and they are better temporarily. I think that result tonight was our equivalent!

I think you would find that is the huge dose of morphine they get just before the offski. I am sure it is an unwritten code for the docs

15 minutes ago, Guy said:

Everton winning at Brighton is the one wild card result any of the bottom 4 have managed in months. Had Everton lost or drawn that we'd be in a great position now. That one result is likely to be the main reason they stay up. 

• Like 1

We offered nothing going forward but I thought we defended well (albeit a bit lucky). In a weird way though, the away end almost felt a bit disappointed, the game-plan was so nearly executed. If Castagne nods that in, then Dean Smith is a footballing genius.

I felt that the away end appreciated the fight. Objectively speaking, we probably needed more than a point. That said, if you take that performance in isolation, I was happy that they were prepared to put their bodies on the line and show some grit. 

Kudos to the fans that travelled tonight too. Not many, but felt that we generated a decent amount of noise, especially in the last half an hour. 

59 minutes ago, MrLuke said:

I just don’t get that performance. As a few have said, this would’ve been perfect 3 or 4 games ago, bringing some confidence back into the team, reducing individual error and building on it. 

As it stands, we now have to win and hope Everton lose at home to a team who will be on the beach. No way Everton don’t win that which is a shame, if ever there was a team in need of relegation, it’s Everton. 

I mean, there's a pretty good chance Everton won't win. They're shit. That's why they're at the bottom of the table 😂

They've needed plenty of wins up to now and haven't managed to. They needed a freak 90+9th minute goal to draw against a wolves team with nothing to play for.

That said, there's nothing to suggest we'll beat West Ham either. 

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Tonight isn’t where it went wrong. It’s been wrong all season. We probably got it right tonight in terms of tactics, but being 3-0 at half time against Fulham is where you lose ground. 

We can all hope, but the bottom line is we’re done. We will probably lose next weekend, as will Everton. We can’t take any chance given to us, Newcastle could have not bothered to send any players out at half time and we still wouldn’t have scored. 

The club has hit a wall, and nothing will change until wholesale changes are done. Rudkin has to go, as do several other members of the board. 

The problem is, these are issues that should have been sorted last year, and they were not. We’re now in a position where we are rotten to the core and are about to go down, under a board that refuse to accept it to be the case and somehow we need to rebuild the club into a promotion candidate? 

It aint happening. I would say just enjoy being a premier league team for another week, there’s some very rocky roads ahead people, you might find yourself re watching the title winning season just to remember what good times were. 

Looking forward to Saturday when you start to pick up again!

Agree with all that though. 

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Everton winning at Brighton is the one wild card result any of the bottom 4 have managed in months. Had Everton lost or drawn that we'd be in a great position now. That one result is likely to be the main reason they stay up. 

Freak result, yes. But, it would have been insignificant had we got three against Everton. We only have ourselves to blame.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Yeah excellent point