Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle 0-0 LCFC - Post-Match Thread

11 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Everton and Leeds both outplayed us and Bamford and Calvert-Lewis both missed tap-ins into open goals from 2 yards out, let’s be honest. I’m sure on Everton and Leeds forums they are bemoaning the fact they got no luck in those games against us too.

Palace we absolutely battered us and deserved to lose to. How we weren’t 6-0 down at HT I’ll never know. It would’ve been daylight robbery had we got a point from that game 

I’m not really sure you can say we haven’t had the luck in recent weeks really. We’ve got quite a few results in games we were a clear second best.

I don't think we were second best against Leeds. We were the dominant team overall but you're right that they had some guilt edge chances. 

Everton - I think it was an even game till the last 15/20 where they came back into it and had more energy then us. Don't think we were outplayed necessarily. 

Palace I do agree with you that we were totally outplayed but Villa I thought we should have won that game!! 

3 minutes ago, shailen said:

I don't think we were second best against Leeds. We were the dominant team overall but you're right that they had some guilt edge chances. 

Everton - I think it was an even game till the last 15/20 where they came back into it and had more energy then us. Don't think we were outplayed necessarily. 

Palace I do agree with you that we were totally outplayed but Villa I thought we should have won that game!! 

That’s a very very kind assessment of the Leeds and Everton games, especially the Everton game. If Everton had beaten us 7-2 we couldn’t have complained. It wasn’t just 15-20 minutes, they completely dominated both the first 30 minutes and the entire second half, it was us who came back into it for 15-20 minutes at the end of the second half. Iversen and some terrible finishing from Everton saved us.

11 minutes ago, Sampson said:

That’s a very very kind assessment of the Leeds and Everton games, especially the Everton game. If Everton had beaten us 7-2 we couldn’t have complained. It wasn’t just 15-20 minutes, they completely dominated both the first 30 minutes and the entire second half, it was us who came back into it for 15-20 minutes at the end of the second half. Iversen and some terrible finishing from Everton saved us.

Fair enough, I think you think of the clear cut opportunities and Maddison's missed peno and Vardy hitting the crossbar is probably cancelled out by the DCL chance and some of their other attempts. 

46 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Everton and Leeds both outplayed us and Bamford and Calvert-Lewis both missed tap-ins into open goals from 2 yards out, let’s be honest. I’m sure on Everton and Leeds forums they are bemoaning the fact they got no luck in those games against us too.

Palace we absolutely battered us and deserved to lose to. How we weren’t 6-0 down at HT I’ll never know. It would’ve been daylight robbery had we got a point from that game 

I’m not really sure you can say we haven’t had the luck in recent weeks really. We’ve got quite a few results in games we were a clear second best.

Leeds didn't outplay us. We were much better than them in the second half and should have gone ahead ourselves. Everton outplayed us for 20 minutes but then we had a period where we scored two and missed a penalty. 

That Tielemans strike being ruled out at Leeds was the biggest piece of bad luck. 

Completely unintentional. No one realised. And would have put us 1-0 up at a ground which the ability to go toxic. The game would have changed its pattern. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shailen said:

There's so many moments in recent weeks:

Conceding last minute to lose to Villa and Palace

The Vardy and Tielemans goals ruled out against Leeds 

The Maddison missed penalty vs Everton

Even the chances we created against Man City 

We've not had the luck in recent weeks and we definitely got it against Newcastle. Here's to hoping it happens again against West Ham and if Everton win then fair play to them.

The jeopardy on them is incredible, as a draw would be enough to see off us and Leeds if we don't win. But do they risk losing by going for the win and Leeds win vs Spurs? I think that what's in our favour is that we know we have to win. 

Exactly. I’m cheering in Bournemouth too.  

51 minutes ago, shailen said:

...Everton battered us, it was a freak result,  in our favour, and that we had a opportunity to take a two goal lead in that game!!!

One person stood between us and a hammering, the relentless posts regarding Maddison's penalty miss,  just makes no sense, it could and perhaps should have been double figures for them, how the balls stayed out of our net was due to one of those nights for Iversen. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.