Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle 0-0 LCFC - Post-Match Thread

4 minutes ago, Hales said:

I don't understand why we didn't park the bus like this several matches ago .......

Yep, that's how you stay up. Shithouse a point in difficult games, win at home. Shame we've left it so late to start playing like we're in danger.

They do care, just not very good. 

I question how we win a game of football after that Everton have got a brain fart in them and Bournemouth would love to relegate then (like anybody would) 

The torture continues with zero confidence in them. Let's be honest, if we were ever going to do it, it was always going to be this shit

1 minute ago, fleshdaddy said:

Too little too late, for me. As others have said, I just can't see a world where Everton, at home, don't beat an already safe Bournemouth. I just can't see it.

Neither can I, but it puts pressure on Everton at the very least. And their home record is poor, but records probably go out the window in these situations 

• Like 1

Unbelievable that we kept a clean sheet. Of course it's come down to the final match day, it was never going to be easy.

1 shot the whole game in the 92nd minute though, christ noone can say we dont deserve relegation with the football we've dished up this season.

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Was there not more fight and desire in this game than there was at Fulham? 

We wanted to shithouse a win, and we nearly got it. It's not about 'defending' the performance. But if you can't see what the plan was then there's not really any point in discussing it.

Look how open we've been in several games before tonight. Of course we had to win, and we actually nearly did with how the game panned out for that Castagne chance. But had we played how we have for the past 15-20 games, we'd have lost. Simple as that. 

'If you don't win the game, at least don't lose it' is probably a fitting football adage here.

I see your point but it would have been more valid maybe even five games ago. It was shit or bust tonight and the reality of it was we clung on and really rode our luck without even trying to win the game. 

Given the situation, thats the worst performance of the season for me. To not even attempt to win the game is unforgivable. 

Just now, fleshdaddy said:

Too little too late, for me. As others have said, I just can't see a world where Everton, at home, don't beat an already safe Bournemouth. I just can't see it.

I didn't see a world where we would get a point against Newcastle given our current form 

• Like 4

I think if we'd gone out all guns blazing, Newcastle would have just blown us away. We go into the last game still in contention, and the confidence that a point and a clean sheet will give us shouldn't be underestimated. It's frustrating that it's not in our hands, but if we go down it won't be this game that relegated us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

Our other problem is that Bournemouth have been on the beach for a while. They've got nothing to play for.

They're ruthless against the bottom five though and have already put seven past Everton in two games this season. 

• Like 1