Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle 0-0 LCFC - Post-Match Thread

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

Our other problem is that Bournemouth have been on the beach for a while. They've got nothing to play for.

I think the main issue is we have to win a game of football. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Col city fan

We rode our luck of course, but the game plan was clear and so nearly worked to absolute perfection.
That was very close to Dean Smith being a Leicester legend!

Under Brendan, we’d have lost that three nil 

Edited by Col city fan

Just now, Dames said:

I see your point but it would have been more valid maybe even five games ago. It was shit or bust tonight and the reality of it was we clung on and really rode our luck without even trying to win the game. 

Given the situation, thats the worst performance of the season for me. To not even attempt to win the game is unforgivable. 

If we had gone for the win we would have got thrashed 

• Like 1

I'm proud of the desire and effort today. They looked like a unit that was together. Could have fluked a win at the end too. 

It cancels out the Everton draw Saturday so now they must win too. Bournemouth are no mugs and playing well so can quite easily see a draw or Everton bottling it and losing.

I'm happy with the point, we could've easily lost by 4 or 5 on another day. We did literally nothing until the last 10, it was a terrible game but a clean sheet and a little flourish at the end may give the players some level of hope and positivity going into the last game. 

I was 95% sure we were down before this game, now I'm only 90% sure. :scarf:

5 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Smith looked furious that we were settling for a draw in the last minutes 

Yeah that was kind of weird. The game plan makes sense. Try and keep in 0-0 until 60-70 mins then go for the win but the players got the first bit spot on then seemed to not have listened to the next bit of the plan that we needed to score. 

1 minute ago, BigGibbo said:

Can't believe there seems to be people on here content with this.

What the f**k are we? 

Just got sent this from a Villa fan.

Screenshot_20230522_220112_WhatsApp.jpg

Quite clearly the game plan though, and we could of snuck it at the end. At the very least now we need Everton to draw rather than lose

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Absolutely deserve nothing from this game, the blatant corruption for Bruno G still being on the pitch aside, because that doesn't affect anything, whether he makes that foul or not doesn't change the fact we are woeful and fully deserve relegation. 

As far as I am concerned the corruption is a separate issue to tonight's result, but that is one of the most blatantly corrupt decisions I've ever seen. 

It doesn't affect anything him being on the pitch ?? The player that touched the ball more than any other player? 

It would have massively changed the game. 

Why on earth is everyone pinning hopes on the pressure being on Everton when there is only one team who doesn't do well under pressure and hasn't for 18 months! Us!

We are relegated. We had our chance tonight and for whatever reason, we decided to not even try to take it.  Only Leicester would ever play like that in a must win game. 

Get every single player out of that club, the staff, and start again.  

That was like watching a conference side go up against a prem team in a cup tie.  

It's embarrassing to be a city fan at the moment 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Says it all really, on another day we concede at least 2 with all the chances they had. Our attacking threat was non-existent for 99% of the game.

Hold on a min they said the Arsenal game was the lowest since records began?

We would have been ripped open trying to match them and attacked them . I know a point isn’t what we needed but gives us a slight chance going into the last day. West Ham hopefully play the reserves and Bournemouth will still want to win . We get an early goal Everton will be worried and have to push for a winner the longer we are in front ( if we can do that) which will help Bournemouth on the counter. Not great but not over 

7 minutes ago, Dames said:

Dont want to see anyone attempt to defend that. Absolutely disgusting. No fight, no effort, no desire. We had to win and we spent 90 minutes backs to the wall riding our luck for a draw. Heinous. They should all be ashamed.

We kept a clean sheet and nearly scored. Vast improvement. You can't deny it. Yes it was shit, but it's been shitterz for most of the season. 

One of our better performances, but in a game where we needed to win we could have either offered more throughout the game or went for it 10 mins earlier.

I accepted it weeks ago, so psychology part of my brain is ok with it, but the only thing this does do is put pressure on Everton at least.