Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle 0-0 LCFC - Post-Match Thread

10 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Piss poor gameplan. Weak mentality. We needed 3 points and we serve up 1 shot. I'm sorry but we deserve nothing but relegation if thats our strategy to survive. Compare Forest's survival attempt to ours. We are pathetic.

We're 99.9% down... And we thoroughly deserve it!!! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dames said:

I see your point but it would have been more valid maybe even five games ago. It was shit or bust tonight and the reality of it was we clung on and really rode our luck without even trying to win the game. 

Given the situation, thats the worst performance of the season for me. To not even attempt to win the game is unforgivable. 

I agree 3-5 games ago it's a much better result.

But I'd have rather got a 0-0 today than open up and get pumped 4-0 or 5-0.

Am I content with a draw? No.

Would I have rather lost than drawn it? No.

Either way we'd have to win on Sunday so not losing today was just as important.

Sorry, but it's quite obviously not the worst performance of the season. There are plenty of other contenders for that this season. If I may say, I think that's hyperbole borne out of frustration.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

What an absolute shite display, I’m sure these footballers don’t understand the point of football. A draw is no use to anyone, surely someone must have told them that.

A draw is so much better than a loss though right? lol 

• Haha 1

Leicester win 1-0 againstWest Ham, whistle blows full time at the KP. News in injury time is that Everton are leading Bournemouth 1-0. Just in dying seconds Bournemouth equalise... news breaks out followed by mass pitch invasion at the KP. Make it happen lol.

• Haha 1

If the Bournemouth of this season turn up they would have too much for Everton but Everton could say that about West Ham. Everton have been scoring a lot of goals from CB’s at set pieces, how decent are Bournemouth at defending them?

Bournemouth not needing anything could be key but never say never. And we have to win out game.

9 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Piss poor gameplan. Weak mentality. We needed 3 points and we serve up 1 shot. I'm sorry but we deserve nothing but relegation if thats our strategy to survive. Compare Forest's survival attempt to ours. We are pathetic.

We ain’t Forest, try to play our normal game and it’s the Fulham result again! 

• Like 3

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

What an absolute shite display, I’m sure these footballers don’t understand the point of football. A draw is no use to anyone, surely someone must have told them that.

Knowing smith he’s probably knee sliding around St. James’s. 

We had to win……

I just can’t see how Everton lose next weekend? They won’t… on the verge of a take over, at home, against a side that are done for the season? 

Everton could lose 6-0 and the premier league still wouldn’t relegate them. They’re immune to relegation.

1 minute ago, Hamilton Fox said:

you see the little problem in that plan? We haven’t done our job all season one win in 15

agree with last part, ironically if we had defended like that in a few other away games we wouldn’t be in this position 

It's weird, I've been consigned to relegation for weeks. Accepted it. Got myself excited for some of the away days. But for some reason that point tonight feels massive to me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, goose2010 said:

It doesn't affect anything him being on the pitch ?? The player that touched the ball more than any other player? 

It would have massively changed the game. 

I didn't say that but let me clarify. It would have dramatically affected the game, but there's no evidence it would have affected the result. I don't think we would have scored against Pope on his own tonight. 

1 minute ago, BigGibbo said:

Can't believe there seems to be people on here content with this.

What the f**k are we? 

Just got sent this from a Villa fan.

Screenshot_20230522_220112_WhatsApp.jpg

People are content as we were the only team in the top 5 leagues in Europe to not have a clean sheet. Leaking goals has what's got us in this mess! A clean sheet against a good Newcastle team will do wonders for our confidence. It was a good game plan and we almost nicked it in the end. Or would you rather have us go toe to toe and concede within 10 minutes again? A point is decent, means Everton need a win if we win. 

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Quite clearly the game plan though, and we could of snuck it at the end. At the very least now we need Everton to draw rather than lose

They're not going to not win at home to Bournemouth and it would be embarrassing if that's what we had to rely on to stay up anyway.

We had the chance to keep it in our own hands and didn't even go out fighting. Pathetic. 

Obviously a draw doesn't get us out the dropzone and it's now out of our hands, but we had to stop conceding lots of goals early on and the game being lost by 30 minutes. We're still in with a chance, a slightly better one than if we'd lost. On to Sunday.

• Like 2

Ndidi man of the match in my opinion. Souttar, Faes and Thomas were good as well. I find it really strange that we weren't pressing them at the end of that game and seemed to be settling for a draw. I can understand it up until 75 mins but you have to give yourself a chance of winning the game. 

• Like 1

Actually not sure what people are complaining about. Its sh1te to watch but we actually gave ourselves the opportunity to nick that, and for a moment i thought we did. If we did a bit more of that earlier in the season and chalked a few more draws, we would be safe.  That was about as disciplined as i have seen that bunch, and one of the least stressful games ive watched.

We couldn't go toe to toe with Newcastle, so we had to do it the boring way. Souttar was excellent.

We had to win the final day no matter what. If we do, Everton must as well. A draw won't be good enough for them. I go to the KP on the final day after seeing this team keep its first clean sheet in ages. In a silly way, the pressure is on Everton.

Its not in our hand, but to be honest, its never felt like it ever was.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Leicester win 1-0 againstWest Ham, whistle blows full time at the KP. News in injury time is that Everton are leading Bournemouth 1-0. Just in dying seconds Bournemouth equalise... news breaks out followed by mass pitch invasion at the KP. Make it happen lol.

and then Gray scored a 145 minutes winner. 

• Haha 1

Putrid, need a new midfield asap. Dumb to take Vardy off as Daka is a poor man's Musa. Lucky Newcastle only needed a point or they would have battered us more.

Prey for Everton to slip up and we get the win, but realistically the Championship here we come!

Leeds beat spurs 12-0 and finish above us

• Haha 1

More chance of pulling Margot Robbie in the concourse and shagging her in the Kop shitter