Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blue blood

Leicester City V West Ham - Pre Match thread

12 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

I would actually rather West Ham didn't field a weakened team. If there is any complacency at all, it would be from the starters with the final in mind.

The fringe players are actually the ones with a point to prove and would want to impress to make the squad. Would make it a tougher game for us imo

I can't remember who it was on the radio the other day made a joke about people expecting squad players to perform better when they came into the first team. The reason they're squad players and not first team regulars is because they're not that impressive. Managers make comments like "I expected people to try and impress me to get into the cup final" but if they've not impressed you on the training pitch all season why do you think they'd suddenly do any better on a match day?

I'm not sure there will be too many changes from Moyes anyway, he won't want them going into a final having not kicked a ball in anger for ten days and for one or two like Rice it will be their last league game for the club. The thought of Paqueta up against Soumare is frightening.

Soyuncu - Back for his last game from the hamstring injury.

Ricardo - Should return for this game. Clearly struggling g to play consistently at the moment. 

Evans - Should be back for this game.

KDH - Still out with an ankle injury

Ndidi - Potentially out due to a hamstring injury

Vestergaard - Injured long term. Doubt he’ll be fit to sell in the summer.

Justin - Ineligible

Ward - His dislocated finger is sorted, so available for selection; hopefully as third choice behind Smithies. 

9 hours ago, Stinky said:

I hope those saying Everton are nailed on to win because Bournemouth are on the beach aren't going around saying we will fail to win... Against a team not only on the beach but also not wanting to get injured before the biggest game in most of their careers, that's if any of their main players feature too. We're probably more confident of an Everton win than Everton fans, likewise they probably think we will wipe the floor with WHU. In terms of the two teams in the centre of this, they probably both need to win yet both have sucked massively at doing such a thing this season. It's probably the most fancied each team has been to win all season, but doesn't make it a forgone conclusion whatsoever. 

You are right, and both opponents are something of bogey sides for us and Everton (although we did get that win at the LS in November).

The one thing (apart from the obvious that they already have a 2 point start) that I keep coming back to and is unsettling is that Everton have been here before last season and before that. Hopefully it’ll make no difference come Sunday!

10 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... did you see us against Fulham, they owned us!!!

Why would you believe a team that goes in such a way would be able to push on to Newcastle and come out alive? I would suspect that you did not envisage a point from last night, it is more than most had hoped for, this is a big point, by any means necessary.

but we've got to push on this weekend is the point? 0-0 draw or 9-0 defeat are the same for us in terms of outcome 

8 hours ago, Nod.E said:

We win this out of sheer desperation. They'll have their eye on their final.

On Monday we played a low block for 90 mins and ‘fought for our lives’.  Yet we didn’t manage to pick up a single yellow card.

I doubt any west ham players will fear picking up an impact injury - we are too soft.  Interestingly everton only managed one card compared to leeds and forest’s three each.  I watched Everton wolves second half and Everton were surprisingly passive until the last twenty mins 

54 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Both of us losing and Leeds staying up.

I really want Everton to come down with us

Who is more likely to bounce back ?

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

On Monday we played a low block for 90 mins and ‘fought for our lives’.  Yet we didn’t manage to pick up a single yellow card.

I doubt any west ham players will fear picking up an impact injury - we are too soft.  Interestingly everton only managed one card compared to leeds and forest’s three each.  I watched Everton wolves second half and Everton were surprisingly passive until the last twenty mins 

Who is more likely to bounce back ?

Tough call, Everton are a really badly run club so I wouldn't be assuming they would bounce back immediately at all.

An actual Must Win. 

Unsure on best team selection now… would’ve liked to have started Kelechi but think we need to remain more compact in midfield.

Chance for someone to make themselves a hero. Maddison/ Tielemans in their last game for the club? Iheanacho to come on and save us again? Or Vards with one last HUGE goal 🤞 

Iversen 

Castagne - Souttar - Evans - Thomas

Mendy - Tielemans - Soumaré 

Maddison    -    Vardy    -    Barnes 

1 hour ago, Foxes96 said:

An actual Must Win. 

Unsure on best team selection now… would’ve liked to have started Kelechi but think we need to remain more compact in midfield.

Chance for someone to make themselves a hero. Maddison/ Tielemans in their last game for the club? Iheanacho to come on and save us again? Or Vards with one last HUGE goal 🤞 

Iversen 

Castagne - Souttar - Evans - Thomas

Mendy - Tielemans - Soumaré 

Maddison    -    Vardy    -    Barnes 

Looking forward to watching Luke Thomas up against Bowen 😳