Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blue blood

Leicester City V West Ham - Pre Match thread

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Nacho was horribly off the pace against Newcastle. He looks nowhere near fit.

All our strikers have been off the pace,for 37 games..

But Nacho if he only gets the first half,is worth the risk..

OR

give him the last 30 minutes,where he usually has scored,where we might need

that final last chance push….

Nacho if Everton flop,could be forever our hero & legend..

Then we all will be waiting for that call from rich dead uncle’s Nigerian lawyers.:rolleyes:

If Deano keeps us up even though he though his seven game audition he's failed keeps us up he goes down as a leicester great. But I do think if keeps us up then I do think he'll be leaving us anyway in fact, daft as it sounds he's probably got a better chance getting the job if we go down. TOP wants Potter I think. I'm quite confident we'd get him if we stay up.

Edited by Leicesterpool

The pressure is on Everton. They're expected to stay up. Whereas a few weeks ago that was us. I take great comfort knowing that only a win will guarantee it for them and as we know the premier league is never easy. 

Looking at Everton's past results they've only had the notable win at Brighton. They're normally as bad as us. 

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9

What will everyone’s emotion be if we stay up?

Relief? Anger still? Happiness? Interested to see what you think about this. 

11 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

I'll be pleased because we've won a game and had far too few of those this season however I think it will be delaying relegation by a year and as this season has been one of the least enjoyable I've seen it doesn't fill me with encouragement.

The fact we are on 31 points and have a chance to stay up says it all.

24 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Well initially I’ll be elated that we escaped and I’ll be like this:

image.thumb.jpeg.4875af9156d6be055c790f6c901d6e1b.jpeg

But then the enormity of what lies ahead will start to sink in and I’ll be more like this:

image.jpeg.125071c0c42d64e0c11868c26d04c457.jpeg

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Haha 1

Guest Mee-9
1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Well initially I’ll be elated that we escaped and I’ll be like this:

image.thumb.jpeg.4875af9156d6be055c790f6c901d6e1b.jpeg

But then the enormity of what lies ahead will start to sink in and I’ll be more like this:

image.jpeg.125071c0c42d64e0c11868c26d04c457.jpeg

Oh please don't go Yuri Tielemans, Leicester loves you more than you will know, whoah whoah. 

5 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

Initial relief......but unless we have a remarkable summer rebuild, we will be in exactly the same position next season.

Personally, l do see the immediate future a massive concern. 

Hopefully, I'm completely wrong. 

On 23/05/2023 at 05:32, lgfualol said:

Dont think West Ham will go that weak, they'll want to keep momentum going into the final. Losing to our lot would destroy the confidence of any team. 

Pls win

I agree. West Ham wants to play normal and will try to carry positive momentum to their final.  However, they won't want to risk injuries and fatigue either, so if we are ultra aggressive, they will likely retreat a bit. Ultimately it is not worth the risk for them. But do we have that aggression in us?

Edited by Tom12345

9 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

A weird combination or relief but also tinged with some disappointment for me. I have accepted long ago relegation and been looking forward to something completely new next season. Staying up likely means more of the same mistakes and a similar season next year so can’t say I’d be thrilled about staying up from that point of view. 

And anger that these wasters would suddenly think they have done the club a massive favour!

• Like 1

After seeing Brighton play last night, still very disappointed because we've wasted our probably one and only golden opportunity, their flare and have a go attitude reminded me of how we used to be. 

If we survived, with the players that are leaving, the amount of new replacements required and the lack of any top class talent left, it would be a huge ask to survive another season. We haven't even got a manager!

Relegation might be required just to consolidate, buy cheap and start all over again. Could be a long old slog in a dog eat dog division. 

9 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

Shock and relief

With a huge dose of blind hope that Top sorts this mess out in the summer to avoid us being relegated next season

Whilst I blame Top for not getting Rodgers gone months ago, and I blame him for Rodgers being given too much power etc etc, I’m not ‘Top out’ yet. 

He’s monumentally fcuked this club up the last two years. We all saw it coming. Top did not. He deserves this summer to put it right though. However much we’re all hurting, his bank balance will be hurting more.

We need whole sale changes this summer at Board level, off field club management level and every other level you can think of. 

I’d actually like to see a fans forum or Q&A with Top early this summer where fans can receive these assurances above. Something that’s going to put our minds at rest that Top has learnt his lesson in not taking his eye off the LCFC ball

Perhaps next time someone on this forum bumps into Top at a game they should attempt to have a conversation such as this above, rather than having a selfie with him for a few Instagram likes