Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blue blood

Leicester City V West Ham - Pre Match thread

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

image.thumb.png.af39e1de992b4d8bbef824fc1c5ef1c9.png

We've got a massive rebuild required regardless of what division we're in. But being in the PL = more money from sales, more income and more pull. 

And if we're likely to be in a relegation fight again next season regardless, I'd rather it be in the PL than the threat of a double relegation!

Crikey this total rebuild gives me the shivers! Who the hell is gonna be in charge of that? I’m scared

16 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Crikey this total rebuild gives me the shivers! Who the hell is gonna be in charge of that? I’m scared

I think the scale of the rebuild might mean some of those labelled as "retire", "need to sell", or "looking to leave" might be kept on the books. If you look at those in white with longer term contracts we can at least put together a starting lineup minus some attacking midfielders. If you force someone like Barnes to stay (finances permitting) then the rebuild becomes a little easier.

Getting back to the fixture, football is very unpredictable 

whilst West Ham have little interest in a tough highly competitive game, you’d be surprised what can happen. 

going back to 2015, we played West Ham at the start of the great escape. We scored early through Esteban and their heads just dropped and they couldn’t give a fig. We got a pen soon after and it was saved.  That lift had the effect of reminding the West Ham players that they were professional highly competitive athletes and they became a completely different side. They equalised before HT and we needed kingys late winner 

another illustration was Chelsea v spurs in 2016. Spurs were coasting until lamella decided to leave one on fabregas near the far touchline. That lit the blue touchpaper and Chelsea woke up big time. The battle ensued 

if we are intense (not much chance) and go two up (not much chance) then I doubt West Ham will care about competing thereafter - as long as we don’t **** their inbuilt highly competitive instincts 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Getting back to the fixture, football is very unpredictable 

whilst West Ham have little interest in a tough highly competitive game, you’d be surprised what can happen. 

going back to 2015, we played West Ham at the start of the great escape. We scored early through Esteban and their heads just dropped and they couldn’t give a fig. We got a pen soon after and it was saved.  That lift had the effect of reminding the West Ham players that they were professional highly competitive athletes and they became a completely different side. They equalised before HT and we needed kingys late winner 

another illustration was Chelsea v spurs in 2016. Spurs were coasting until lamella decided to leave one on fabregas near the far touchline. That lit the blue touchpaper and Chelsea woke up big time. The battle ensued 

if we are intense (not much chance) and go two up (not much chance) then I doubt West Ham will care about competing thereafter - as long as we don’t **** their inbuilt highly competitive instincts 

I get the general 'don't wind up the oppo' idea (struggling as I am with the idea of one of our players 'leaving one' on anyone), but this is revisionist stuff.

The Lamella challenge happened in the second half (after a mass brawl - including eye gouging - at half time), and just served to re-ignite the, ahem, extreme tension the two teams' adaptation of Enter The Dragon had kicked off in the first half. I was at the game, and I can promise you Chelsea were more than interested throughout. 

Edited by turtmcfly

7 hours ago, Col city fan said:

If we do by some miracle stay up, God knows how we’d survive next season anyway. 
With the players who are sure to leave, the existing crop who have proven to be not good enough and allegedly not a great amount in the transfer kitty, it don’t bode well.

I’d love to see us scrape through on Sunday but my first emotion would be shock (that we’d survived) followed by confusion in terms of what comes next?!

You're forgetting that Soumaré is contracted until 2026.....

• Sad 4

26 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

I get the general 'don't wind up the oppo' idea (struggling as I am with the idea of one of our players 'leaving one' on anyone), but this is revisionist stuff.

The Lamella challenge happened in the second half (after a mass brawl - including eye gouging - at half time), and just served to re-ignite the, ahem, extreme tension the two teams' adaptation of Enter The Dragon had kicked off in the first half. I was at the game, and I can promise you Chelsea were more than interested throughout. 

I forgot about the danny rose/ Willian fracas just before HT (with the dembele eye gouge on costa) 

but was there much aggro apart from that in the first half?  That lamela challenge always stood out to me as the catalyst for chelsea starting to play much better ….

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I forgot about the danny rose/ Willian fracas just before HT (with the dembele eye gouge on costa) 

but was there much aggro apart from that in the first half?  That lamela challenge always stood out to me as the catalyst for chelsea starting to play much better ….

Christ yes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

image.thumb.png.af39e1de992b4d8bbef824fc1c5ef1c9.png

We've got a massive rebuild required regardless of what division we're in. But being in the PL = more money from sales, more income and more pull. 

And if we're likely to be in a relegation fight again next season regardless, I'd rather it be in the PL than the threat of a double relegation!

Anyone think Top will be stubborn like he was with Mahrez and Maguire with Maddison and Barnes? Apparently they’ve got relegation clauses so wages would drop if we go down, but could be worth more money keeping them and going straight back up.

10 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Assume that The Birch isn't doing his end-of-season lap event?

Ha! Was talking to my son about this as he asked the same. Wasn't it a big deal that last year that it was the final one?

8 hours ago, Col city fan said:

If we do by some miracle stay up, God knows how we’d survive next season anyway. 
With the players who are sure to leave, the existing crop who have proven to be not good enough and allegedly not a great amount in the transfer kitty, it don’t bode well.

I’d love to see us scrape through on Sunday but my first emotion would be shock (that we’d survived) followed by confusion in terms of what comes next?!

This is my concern. Is it better to have a higher permitted spend but another nightmare season ending in relegation, or go down now and rebuild on a smaller budget in the Championship?

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Ha! Was talking to my son about this as he asked the same. Wasn't it a big deal that last year that it was the final one?

Heard around a month ago that he was struggling a bit with health.

All good things have to come to an end at some in life, especially after his health scare a few years ago.

Edited by Wymsey

20 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Assume that The Birch isn't doing his end-of-season lap event?

From what I hear he's not in the best of health generally.

Although I think they've offered him a one year deal for the Championship season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roosters boots said:

Anyone think Top will be stubborn like he was with Mahrez and Maguire with Maddison and Barnes? Apparently they’ve got relegation clauses so wages would drop if we go down, but could be worth more money keeping them and going straight back up.

Seeing as madders is out of contract next summer and Barnes would have one year left, top isn’t in a v good place to be stubborn…

2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Whoever on here recently called him ‘Winston Birchenall’ deserves to win post of the year 

Hearing his name mentioned in this thread takes me back to when he came onto the pitch and gave it the old Churchill :D 

Got the crowd well up for it to be fair! Can't remember how the game finished mind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Hearing his name mentioned in this thread takes me back to when he came onto the pitch and gave it the old Churchill :D 

Got the crowd well up for it to be fair! Can't remember how the game finished mind.

Probs lost

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Haha 3