Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blue blood

Leicester City V West Ham - Pre Match thread

Are we finally going to open the scoring at home after (astonishingly) conceding first in the last 12 (!!!!) games at the KP?

Equally astonishingly, a Leicester player has not scored in the first 20 minutes of any home game this season. The only time we've scored in the opening 20 minutes at the KP it was an own goal by Robin Koch of Leeds. 

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, The Guvnor said:

Source ?

Yeah genuinely can’t see this anywhere. Nor the rumour earlier that big Sam walked. This place just makes shit up sometimes 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KFS said:

Yeah genuinely can’t see this anywhere. Nor the rumour earlier that big Sam walked. This place just makes shit up sometimes 

Yeah Maddison wasn't travelling to Newcastle another big bombshell on here in recent days.

Edited by Gamble92

You literally can’t call Everton. They’re so Jekyll and Hyde…. They could turn up and turn Bournemouth over, or equally they could turn up and be shite.

The one bit of hope we have is the pressure is all on them, and they haven’t handled pressure well at all this season. It looks like Everton have injury problems too, DCL a big one and even if he plays he isn’t going to be fit. 

At the end of the day we’ve failed to take advantage of any of our opportunities, so in reality we deserve to be relegated. If we aren’t we will be spared by Everton’s failure to capitalise themselves. Everton deserve to be relegated too, as they’ve had years of this, and eventually regardless of how good people think you are, it will catch up with you. 

One think I do feel is it won’t be a 90+ minute win for either team. I have a feeling win or lose for Everton it will be comfortable either way. Win they will probably score and then run away with it, lose it’s likely to be over by half time. 

Edited by Pliskin

This is going to be horrible.. unmissable.. getting emotional flashbacks to the last relegation and being roundly mocked by some Spurs tit who I happened to work with at the time.. of course a few years later those tables turned in the most delicious fashion.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, samlcfc1 said:

Solanke & Billing both out for Bournemouth 

I can't see any such info online about Solanke and this seems to be the gist about Billing:

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/23536441.afc-bournemouths-gary-oneil-phil-billing-joe-rothwell/ (explaining Philip Billing missing their last match)

"Billing and Rothwell had both started the last seven Premier League fixtures, with O’Neil taking a cautious approach to knocks they have suffered. He told the Daily Echo: “Phil was a very late dropout. Phil was sort of last night, this morning".

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/everton-vs-bournemouth-tips-cherries-050900576.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9uZXdzLmdvb2dsZS5jb20v&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAGegq0AcbNqfroC5DMZmblz__euQMCntmeQWQUOyIkEsq8Tso-xQS2wMUcC4erD2Ddd7Hh9b6FcYtwCkOXjnmc4D1cqVpxuvE7DOXAElo7aNPtPhzmLb-Fzy5CcEf4hvm8lmiF5SPtyel3SNIfb9xJ1KoGUUEkOLqc-ficnJccHo

"Antoine Semenyo (calf), Joseph Rothwell (thigh), Ryan Fredericks (calf) and Junior Stanislas (fitness) are unavailable. Hamed Traore (ankle), Philip Billing (muscle) and Marcus Tavernier (thigh) will all be assessed".

Sounds like a minor issue with Billing - hopefully, at the worst, he'll play but be subbed off or come on from the bench if they're losing? 

Compare to Everton's injury issues.....

"Sean Dyche will hope to have as many bodies as possible available for Sunday, but it will be a race against time. Dominic Calvert-Lewin (hamstring), Vitalii Mykolenko (thigh), Nathan Patterson (thigh), Ben Godfrey (groin) and Tom Davies (thigh) are looking unlikely. Seamus Coleman (knee), Andros Townsend (fitness), Ruben Vinagre (calf) and Dele Alli (groin) won't feature".

17 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I can't see any such info online about Solanke and this seems to be the gist about Billing:

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/23536441.afc-bournemouths-gary-oneil-phil-billing-joe-rothwell/ (explaining Philip Billing missing their last match)

"Billing and Rothwell had both started the last seven Premier League fixtures, with O’Neil taking a cautious approach to knocks they have suffered. He told the Daily Echo: “Phil was a very late dropout. Phil was sort of last night, this morning".

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/everton-vs-bournemouth-tips-cherries-050900576.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9uZXdzLmdvb2dsZS5jb20v&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAGegq0AcbNqfroC5DMZmblz__euQMCntmeQWQUOyIkEsq8Tso-xQS2wMUcC4erD2Ddd7Hh9b6FcYtwCkOXjnmc4D1cqVpxuvE7DOXAElo7aNPtPhzmLb-Fzy5CcEf4hvm8lmiF5SPtyel3SNIfb9xJ1KoGUUEkOLqc-ficnJccHo

"Antoine Semenyo (calf), Joseph Rothwell (thigh), Ryan Fredericks (calf) and Junior Stanislas (fitness) are unavailable. Hamed Traore (ankle), Philip Billing (muscle) and Marcus Tavernier (thigh) will all be assessed".

Sounds like a minor issue with Billing - hopefully, at the worst, he'll play but be subbed off or come on from the bench if they're losing? 

Compare to Everton's injury issues.....

"Sean Dyche will hope to have as many bodies as possible available for Sunday, but it will be a race against time. Dominic Calvert-Lewin (hamstring), Vitalii Mykolenko (thigh), Nathan Patterson (thigh), Ben Godfrey (groin) and Tom Davies (thigh) are looking unlikely. Seamus Coleman (knee), Andros Townsend (fitness), Ruben Vinagre (calf) and Dele Alli (groin) won't feature".

Play the lot Sean and hopefully they all bite the dust one by one and you end up with 9 on the bit and a 2 or 3 nil defeat . 

I'm preying they play Deli Alli - I know some of our payers have gone to shit but his falls on another planet 

And there I was thinking Bournemouth would be trying to get a point which couldn’t make any possible change to their finishing league position 

Unless they win they cannot move up a place 

lose or draw and they would be passed by Forest if they win at palace 

so they have no choice but to have a go and have some fun (although I would be nervous of what may happen when Everton fans come onto the pitch) 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Just heard that because Chelsea got smashed by 4 last night, West Ham could finish above them with a three goal swing ……

That's a big incentive for them, despite it not being a massive achievement. 

It's not going to be an easy game.

13 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Will we turn up on Sunday? Yes or No?

If the crowd turn up, which the Wolves atmosphere I went to seemed lively, that can only help the players. They do need to show something to keep that positive energy going in the first 20 minutes. That something could be as small, as a good tackle or as big as a goal.

I wish we were better at the dark arts of the game.

A couple of things that could go in our favour if we were better at them.

1) Go in hard early on two or three West Ham players - force them to make a decision about if they want to keep their top players on the pitch in a scrap ahead of their cup final.

2) Time waste - ideally we want the Everton game to finish before ours. 

• Like 2